EPL Matchday 23 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

So he never said he didn’t want to go.

Quoting from that article….”although the striker wanted to go he is happy to stay and help the club, manager Claudio Ranieri said on Friday.”

The key there is ‘Claudio Rainieri said’ ..a man desperate to save his own job. I can’t imagine why a 24yo would be happy to miss such an important tournament and risk his international career. Despite missing the deadline Watford easily could have still allowed him to go. Obviously a financial incentive and interesting no direct quotes from the player himself.

Disappointing from Watford

As I said in literally the post you quoted, sounds like he was happy either way? Other sources seemed to say he didn't want to go because this was his chance to play well in the PL, but that was the first source I found, which sounded neutral either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have barely watched a game this season but this xenophobic crap in the commentary is unbearable. Benitez is apparently the worst person in the world.
He was a terrible manager. 1 win in 13. Even Carlton wouldn't accept that

I missed the start of the game. Why is the AV player (Ramsey I think) running around with no number on his back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back