Discussion 2022 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to have a think about the DPP update impact.
Overall, seems like SC and Fantasy converge, would have thought they'd have been keener to retain their differentiating factors from Fantasy.
Suppose they are making it more corona-proof(?)

35 trades? meh so boring, game just became so much easier

pure GnR again for me, get all the absolute God tier players. Use the extra trades to sideways trades rookies for quick cash grabs

Look for MID-only starters likely to gain another position to be able to swing them to the other line (like a Fyfe type or something)?

Potential options around players likely to gain RUC/FWD DPP.

Horne-Francis and Daicos potentially marginally more attractive on the assumption they would gain FWD / DEF status respectively(?) if they get the roles being floated thus far.

That sort of thing?

Look for MID-only starters likely to gain another position to be able to swing them to the other line (like a Fyfe type or something)?

Horne-Francis and Daicos potentially marginally more attractive on the assumption they would gain FWD / DEF status respectively(?) if they get the roles being floated thus far.

That sort of thing?
Goater to get DEF

How likely are these DPP changes? Will there be a couple or dozens?

Can any kent who plays AF shed some light?
Toxic and AB would be two well placed, off the top off my head.
Way I recall, there are updates at Rd 6, 12, 18(?) . Although the SC thing seems to suggest mid-year, maybe they only update the once?
Last year in Fantasy, think Fyfe and Jelly picked up FWD status at Rd6, Heppell gained DEF for the DPP flex, Impey became a handy FWD/DEF type, stuff like that.
And the rookies.
Here's one sample: but go with what the experts tell you, not a nuffbot 3000 like me.

Last edited:
Question because I’m a flog

Is there anyway I can log back in and take a screen shot of the ladder from the league I created last season?

please don’t ask me why I have left it this late
You might be able to find it if you re create the league.
Im not sure.

Disappointing that they caved in to the "more trades, more fun" crowd and just changed the game to be even more like AFL fantasy.

DPP changes now part of the game, everyone will have the exact same team even quicker than usual.

Feel like everything bar being able to see VC selection % is a step backwards.
we got additional trades in 2020 and 2021 when covid affected games.
They're just covering their butts now so they don't have to make things up as they go during the regular season.
Knowing how affected games have been in the AFLW with covid I can 100% see teams missing games being a possibility.
Outside of making weeks best 18 its probably all they can do.

That sort of thing?
yeah thats it.
Just no indication of when it would actually happen.
AFL fantasy has it mid season but there's nothing on when it would happen for SC yet.
Can see a few rucks getting forward dpp as they're rested there instead of the bench.
Might see a few more premos like Danger, Bont, Zorko getting the DPP treatment

Where you get 6 weeks from?

SuperCoach article says -
Other new features include the addition of new dual-position players mid-season
&
PLAYER POSITION UPDATES
At regular intervals during the season Champion Data will reassess player positions and assign dual-position status to players if their on-field role changes. For example, in 2021 Jack Ziebell was listed as a forward in KFC SuperCoach but spent the entire season at full-back – under the new rule he could become a FWD-DEF player mid-season.
Regular intervals would mean more than once.
r6, r12, r18 makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mind the extra trades as long as there are no more during the year no matter what happens. The melts could be beautiful if kents burn them then there is carnage and donuts.......

Hopefully they clarify when these DPP changes happen. Assuming they pulled all this out of their arses yesterday and haven't worked out the details.

It would be nice if these changes turn out to be one off's this year to mitigate covid.

I agree.
I wonder how long the "ive got extra trades Im going to use them'' window lasts.
Having 4 trades a week during the byes will be gold. Also reckon that using 10/11 trades during the byes will leave lots in the No Trades Club. You could gain a huge advantage if holding a few trades late in the season if there is covid-carnage, seems like a lot of players are getting it now, so they could have it again by July/August.

Does the positional change work both ways (ie DPP can be lost)? Presumably not, as that would mean teams could be caught short on a positional line?

Don't mind the extra trades as long as there are no more during the year no matter what happens. The melts could be beautiful if kents burn them then there is carnage and donuts.......

Hopefully they clarify when these DPP changes happen. Assuming they pulled all this out of their arses yesterday and haven't worked out the details.

It would be nice if these changes turn out to be one off's this year to mitigate covid.
It’s confirmed at rd 6, 12, 18 for the DPP stuff👍

Last edited:
I really hope that the Crows get smashed in the first few rounds and Laird spends plenty of time down back. If there is 1 player I want DPP back it's Rory and his 116 average. :hearteyes:

Disappointing that they caved in to the "more trades, more fun" crowd and just changed the game to be even more like AFL fantasy.

DPP changes now part of the game, everyone will have the exact same team even quicker than usual.

Feel like everything bar being able to see VC selection % is a step backwards.
One small step backwards for the game
One giant leap for Hearld Suns profits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back