Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The '7th defender' argument for playing Young is not right - Bailey has played as a defender in the last couple of practise games so we already have 7 defenders. (Whether we are tall enough in defence is a match up issue - but we have 7 defenders listed before Young.)

Not playing Powell in the 22 in Round 1 (if that is what transpires) is nonsensical - he is one of 3 players under 21 (with JHF and TT) with true class. If he is fit he plays - simple - none of this 'emergency' or medical sub stuff.

You don't drop blokes like Powell when you are the worst team in the comp at the start of a rebuild.

I would want to hear something from the club quickly and with credibility if this indeed ends up happening.
I'm not happy with the selection but I suspect Bailey won't play HB and anyway Young will be asked to play tall.

Also surprised by the Powell and Young call, hoping the people in the office are looking at match ups on all parts of the ground not just the mid field
we will see by about 3.30 on Sunday I am sure that Powell will get a lot of game time this year.

Scott over Powell is a serious head scratcher. Yes I know we're not privy to what goes on at the club behind closed doors in preseason, and for all I know Scott has blitzed it, but seriously. Powell is already imo the most intelligent player at the club, and one of the most promising youngsters we've had this century. Don't see any reason why the club couldn't include Powell in the 22 and just raffle the wing spots, which is presumably where Scott will play, between Sleevo, Polec and McDonald

I'm not happy with the selection but I suspect Bailey won't play HB and anyway Young will be asked to play tall.
remember the last time we asked lachie young to play tall?
8c28d8ae00bbc99b04301cf27610c3249185cd17

I’m all for Scott.

His running power will be handy and he is in good form.

Powell had 15 in a half in intra club. Just under 20 and a goal against the dees and similar against the swans. I’ve also suspected he’s playing a different role from last year.

Worpel
Mitchell
Omera
Nash
Wingard
Ward
McDonald

Vs

Simpkin
LDU
Greenwood
Thomas
JHF
Sleevo?
Scott?

Seems light on to me

They must be planning for Taylor to get genuine midfield minutes. The pre-season did seem to indicate that was a plan for him anyway.

Not surprisingly, we are the tallest of all 18 sides this week - a whopping 189.9 on average - at least its a sunny day! Big blokes don't get any shorter in the 4th qtr and all that....

We are playing a more experienced side than Hawthorn with more than half their team not having played 50 games yet - now that is something different for the Dawks.

HawthornAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.3cmHeight189.9cm
86.0kgWeight86.6kg
24yr 5mthAge25yr 1mth
71.5Games81.6
Total Players By Games​
HawthornGamesNorth Melbourne
12Less than 509
350 to 996
3100 to 1495
4150 or more2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprisingly, we are the tallest of all 18 sides this week - a whopping 189.9 on average - at least its a sunny day! Big blokes don't get any shorter in the 4th qtr and all that....

We are playing a more experienced side than Hawthorn with more than half their team not having played 50 games yet - now that is something different for the Dawks.

HawthornAttributeNorth Melbourne
188.3cmHeight189.9cm
86.0kgWeight86.6kg
24yr 5mthAge25yr 1mth
71.5Games81.6
Total Players By Games​
HawthornGamesNorth Melbourne
12Less than 509
350 to 996
3100 to 1495
4150 or more2
Which team is the shortest?

Little surprised not seeing Powell in the team. I sorta get why there are those that question Young’s place in the team but in terms of bigger guys….McKay is the only one we’ve got who’s a regular in the team….and he needs help.

Other than that I like the line up.

and **** Sicily.

Not sure why we don't trial the fridge mids as loose checking half backs. You see it often with 1st or 2nd year players. A chance to get some easy touches and add some strings to their bows. Powell seems like he'd benefit from a role like that. Good disposal and can add to midfield rotations.

He doesn’t need help finding the footy. There must be another reason.

He doesn’t need help finding the footy. There must be another reason
He doesn't which is another good reason to give him a go there. Besides hall we don't have defenders that can use it well coming out of the back half, get the ball, or create run (ignoring ziebell getting his possessions from kick ins).

Maybe trying to work out how to balance the talls and mids. Haven't had this issue for a while which is good imo. I said in another post we are starting to
get some good depth so picking a side is more difficult now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back