Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I’m happy to play blind optimism & back the club in. Have done so for the last 2 years…

However, if he’s fit (and that is a big if), this is the wrong decision, regardless of win or loss. He’s had a good preseason. We are missing Cunnington, Anderson & Phillips. Tom has played in 1 win? since he came to the club. He’s in my view the third most talented kid on our list behind JHF & TT who missed playing the back end of 2021.

If Powell is fit, playing Young ahead of Powell in year 2 of a rebuild, is a mistake.

Perhaps the match committee have selected a side they think will give us the best chance of winning. Building a winning culture is an important aspect for a rebuilding side
I must be watching a different game if Young is supposed to increase our chances of winning. He has literally never done that.

Look I’m happy to play blind optimism & back the club in. Have done so for the last 2 years…

However, if he’s fit (and that is a big if), this is the wrong decision, regardless of win or loss. He’s had a good preseason. We are missing Cunnington, Anderson & Phillips. Tom has played in 1 win? since he came to the club. He’s in my view the third most talented kid on our list behind JHF & TT who missed playing the back end of 2021.

If Powell is fit, playing Young ahead of Powell in year 2 of a rebuild, is a mistake.
Young is only in cos Walker is in isolation and they decided not to rush Bonar back

It’s Scott and Polec that are in spots Powell should be in

Yeah would have been nice to see Powell but Polec has been cutting it up this pre season on the wing, received some glowing praise for his work and is getting rewarded. Such ******* negativity around this joint, no well wishes and go get em boys, just 'bitch bitch bitch why isn't so and so playing I like him, the people at the club have no idea blah blah blah.' fu** me I hope Lachie Young has 30 possessions and 10 intercepts and shuts half of this joint up. I have my doubts too about him but far out these guys are pulling on the jumper for round f*en 1 and the pitchforks are already out. Give them a chance ffs.

Anyway, really excited to see the new recruits and hope big X can capitalise on what has been an outstanding pre season. TT in the guts, love it. LDU to get 30 and kick 2, been a round for the big inside mids so far.

We’d all love to see Tom play, but there’s obviously a reason and we’ll never know. I’m sure it’s not just for shits and giggles.

Maybe Tommy’s not doing something that he should be and they’ve decided he needs a little jolt. Develpement of kids is not always about playing them blindly.
Like what - playing as a skilful player that wins the ball and distributes well? What I have seen at training that is exactly what he is doing.

I guess too much of that would demand that he gets dropped though - because as we all know we have so much talent on the list that we can afford to do that.

Like what - playing as a skilful player that wins the ball and distributes well? What I have seen at training that is exactly what he is doing.

I guess too much of that would demand that he gets dropped though - because as we all know we have so much talent on the list that we can afford to do that.

Yep, that would be the reason.

As an alternate view
Young is a good size, athletic, can jump and plays a physical game
Can play tall and small
Would not be the first time a guy like this stepped up and grabbed a spot
Hall is 32, just been injured
Bonar
Perez

Now do you understand?
He has height, but not size. Easily moved out of the contest
Yep he is athletic and can jump.
No way does he play a physical game, he avoids contact.
I'm guessing they see something that will match up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care who plays as long as they don't play s**t. It is fair to say some fringe players wouldn't want to put in a below average effort because we have plenty of players who can make their stay brief.

Does Powell play back in lieu of Josh Walker being isolation?
He has height, but not size. Easily moved out of the contest
Yep he is athletic and can jump.
No way does he play a physical game, he avoids contact.
I'm guessing they see something that will match up
Young has his faults but never once thought he lacked ticker.

And yet with Walker out he plays back.

Context.
We are guessing/assuming he plays back. What if he doesn’t? Scott played back more then Young this preseason FWIW.

I don’t think Young offers enough defensively to justify keeping Powell out of the 22 (if Powell is fit). I would understand the logic if it was a Bonar. However that opens up a seperate issue as Scott shouldn’t be playing ahead of him either.

I’ve backed (blindly) every decision Noble has made up until this point. However I do think this is a mistake.

We are guessing/assuming he plays back. What if he doesn’t? Scott played back more then Young this preseason FWIW.

I don’t think Young offers enough defensively to justify keeping Powell out of the 22 (if Powell is fit). I would understand the logic if it was a Bonar. However that opens up a seperate issue as Scott shouldn’t be playing ahead of him either.

I’ve backed (blindly) every decision Noble has made up until this point. However I do think this is a mistake.
Has Scott played as a 3rd tall defender? It's rhetorical. Walker isn't playing, Bonar unavailable. Who would you select to play as a 3rd tall down there?

Wet blanket observation, I really don’t think we could beat any of the teams that have played so far this round based on what I’ve seen of a/ skill, fitness levels of the teams that have played b/ our preseason form and c/ our form from last year.

It’s going to be very interesting to see what’s changed on Sunday 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back