VFL 2022 VFL R1 v Box Hill (Sun 27-Mar 12.10pm @ Vic Park) [Channel 7]

Remove this Banner Ad

How good a pick up was Neville Jetta! And that's before even considering his coaching and development role
Sees and runs AFL lines, which sets us up well and helps defensively. It’s great that he can teach these patterns to a young VFL defence.

How good a pick up was Neville Jetta! And that's before even considering his coaching and development role

Very calming influence for the kids, played well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It was an honour to meet barrackers today.

Just quietly between barrackers football nous and my abuse of umpire number 7 we got our team over the line. 😝

To our negative posters on bigfooty we have some good youth coming through.

I enjoyed this game better than yesterday’s…………..ok maybe I had a few more vodkas 😂

That game was about as good as it gets. Super high quality of play for the VFL, against a strong opposition, and against three umpires who gave Box Hill no fewer than five goals from awful free kicks.

The stories of the game are, from an AFL perspective, Ash Johnson, Reef McInnes, and Tom Wilson.

Ash has springs in his heels. He dominated the ruck against guys six inches and 20kgs taller than him when he went in there, regularly leaping over them and taking clean possession, getting the clearance himself. He's got a huge jump and sticky fingers, and just looks like a player.

Reef is a natural footy player. He was tough on the inside when thrown into the midfield, he is actually fantastic overhead and in contested marking situations, and he oozes class around goal with two inspired snaps (one on the left, one on the right) to drag us back into the game in the 2nd quarter. He might play AFL as soon as next week - he already offers more than Tyler Brown.

And Tommy Wilson should never play defense again. He has X factor in spades. Leaping high, taking contested marks, kicking what will just about be VFL goal of the year with a left foot checkside under pressure from deep in the pocket, and then slotting two excellent set shots on the right very late in the game, including the winner with seconds left on the clock. He looked nothing like the nervous back flanker we saw at AFL level last year. His development has been immense.

Those three guys could slot in at AFL level in a pinch right now.

What a ******* great start to the year. Go Pies!
Nice summary.
I agree.
Who makes way?

I will start things off.
Noble, Ginnivan and Tyler Brown.
Maybe not this week… but those boys will be feeling the heat. This is how great teams are made.
Heat being generated in the VFL and AFL players having to lift and/or maintaining their game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice summary.
I agree.
Who makes way?

I will start things off.
Maybe not this week… but those boys will be feeling the heat. This is how great teams are made.
Heat being generated in the VFL and AFL players having to lift and/or maintaining their game.
Can't beat the heat of genuine depth.

It's a crucible that makes all concerned better.

It was an honour to meet barrackers today.

Just quietly between barrackers football nous and my abuse of umpire number 7 we got our team over the line. 😝

To our negative posters on bigfooty we have some good youth coming through.

I enjoyed this game better than yesterday’s…………..ok maybe I had a few more vodkas 😂
Yes, I think we're going to have some unhappy people there, because now things are looking up, and they have very little to whinge about at the moment!!

Nice summary.
I agree.
Who makes way?

I will start things off.
On current form, it's T Brown most likely to go out first – but you'd think Maynard will trot straight back into the lineup for him.

Very hard to drop Ginnivan or Noble on current form. Noble was just about best on ground against the Crows and Ginnivan is combining with McCreery insanely well right now.

There's a very slim chance that one of Johnson or Wilson gets the nod to replace Kreuger instead of Cameron/Cox... but really I think those boys will probably have to wait until somebody in the seniors loses form, or they put together a month of high calibre football in the VFL.

Nice summary.
I agree.
Who makes way?

I will start things off.

No - just no.

Those in danger in the seniors at the moment are obviously Brown, plus also Madge and Henry. I think there will be discussion regarding Henry or McInness - despite Henry having conjured some moments of absolute brilliance in the last two games.

Keep it positive, lovely rabble.

I'm soaked in positivity. Lathering myself with optimism. Splendid hope, it drips from my skin. I am glistening.

Didn't see the game; not sure I can handle so much wondrousness.

No - just no.

Those in danger in the seniors at the moment are obviously Brown, plus also Madge and Henry. I think there will be discussion regarding Henry or McInness - despite Henry having conjured some moments of absolute brilliance in the last two games.
Definitely not Noble or Gini as to Henry I'm torn - the kid is (talent wise) the complete package - you can see exactly what he's going to be when - yes when - he puts it all together.

But McInnes is a type we need badly.

Isn't it bloody WONDERFUL to have selection issues of this type now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back