Autopsy Roast & Toast, best vs Adelaide and changes for Dees on Anzac Day eve

Best vs Crows

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nank never goes well against tall mobile/marking ruckman, let alone two of them. Obrien was having having a field day. Going to get reamed with a gawn/jackson combo. Going to get ugly. He will give away like 10 nothing free kicks though big ol nank.

Interesting decision making him our captain, i would be tempted to put in Soldo instead, but it would like that would off the table as he is undroppable now. Really wonder why we made an afl average undersized ruckman our captain. Soldo is tall enough would atleast nullify the ruck contests, and around the ground marking not sure nank is up to it against those two judging by how he went last week (which is hes strength)
A week is a long time in footy. I'd definitely play Soldo though... needs to play against tap ruckman but would play Nank as well. Really up to our mids though...they can rove off a dominant ruck, irrespective of side.

these r just a few reasons,
recruited a mature onball superstar named Robert Wiley around 1978 from the west,Prestia being the equivalent
drafted in a 18 yr old ruckman & an 18 yr old skilled rover duo from Mildura @ the end of 1977of which both became captains and premiership players
such was theyre impact on this club
bought over a spring heeled jack of a half back flanker from the west in'79,played in the premiership and was off the scene by '82 at the ripe old age of 22
bought the legend nicknamed 'the ghost' into the fray in 1976 and he evolved into the most destructive KP swingman the league had seen in over 20 years
,or since Darryl Sutton anyway,by the time 1980 had come along.
A 19 yr old Geoff Raines debuted in '76,oh n before i forget they traded in 2 capable Hawthorn players,one a premiership palyer in 1978 & '80 with over 150 games experience btwn them named Welsh & Rowlings whom provided silver service for a few years .
How many players were left from the 74 Premiership to the 1980 Premiership team?

On top of my head - KB, Sir Francis, Merv Keane, Cloke. Anymore?

The only bit he left out was how did they let us W the ‘20 flag , doesn’t add up . Where was the conspiracy to get PA into the Gf in a nail biter

They didn't let us do anything- we just won it.

When the season was going on mate, ALL THEIR ENERGY went into just getting the comp finished. When chaos reigns like that & you are in literal survival mode, you have no time to formulate this s**t, you just get through to survive..... and keep tally of who helped and who didn't. When the smoke is clear and the money is secured, then the victor rewrites the scrips. Backs are scratched & vengeance is swift.

This s**t has been happening a certain way - the umpiring in the 2nd half of the Home & Away season against us was ******* terrible. If you look back, you will see me say it at the time- we just need to get a top 4 spot and every year the umpiring factor disappears in finals as the AFL WILL NOT * with the finals. Too many eyes, too big a cost.

So look through the history books and tell me - what was our umpiring count in the finals vs that of our home & away seasons? Crazily, i am pretty sure you will see our umpiring stats in the finals is almost par, or unbelievably in a positive. Home & Away? we are running at about 50% variance in the negative. Its one of the more insane stats - but that is how this s**t rolls, the finals are untampered footy - its pure, and its why finals are always great.

2020 was a case of get it done any which way we can & worry about the rest later. Even the AFL wont shoot themselves in the foot that much - any winner in 2020 was a win for the AFL

Richmond win it, it ends our era with a fairy tale and a great AFL dynasty

Geelong win it - Gazza gets his flag in his farewell, Danger gets his flag etc

Lions win it - they get a home Granny

Port was the least interesting option for them.

Us winning the GF in 2020 was by far the most interesting storyline here - a truely epic end to the dynasty of the sleeping giant awoken. They even got the coaches to agree to in the box filming - they knew it was always going to be a special one.

But as soon as that s**t was over...... it was ******* over. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. And since then, the crap against us has been steady and strong. FFS, have you seen the draw we were given this year? Our game times are the type you usually give to North or Stkilda - not a team that had won 3 of the last 5 flags. They wrote that fixture up knowing that we ain't doin' s**t.

How many players were left from the 74 Premiership to the 1980 Premiership team?

On top of my head - KB, Sir Francis, Merv Keane, Cloke. Anymore?

thats the 4,you got it in one
5 from the losing Prelim final side of '75
6 if you count Butch Edwards who played for the maggies
Bryan Wood?

I think you’re hard on Bolton. 16 contested possessions and 10 clearances were both game highs. And Balta has only played 49 games and is adapting to a new position.

I see your point, but on the back of a dynasty these young guys are going to take time to become dominant forces.

I think we all shared similar frustration with Cotchin (chippity chip chip prior to 2017), Edwards (almost delisted a couple of times before hitting his straps at about 26yo), Grimes (constantly injured until 2017 onwards), Prestia (remember his first 10 games in yellow and black..?? He couldn’t hit the side of a barn), Rance (close your eyes when he had the ball the first 4-years of his career) and even Dusty used to frustrate us prior to 2016 with not being able to run out games.

So not many of our hall of famers were doing consistently great things that resulted in team success in their early 20’s. Most really came of age as consistent stars at 25+.

So if the talent is there and the work ethic is there then we should expect all of Balta, Rioli, Baker, Bolton, Stack, Graham to have their best footy still well and truly in front of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Timely reminders

Sent from my CPH1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

They didn't let us do anything- we just won it.

When the season was going on mate, ALL THEIR ENERGY went into just getting the comp finished. When chaos reigns like that & you are in literal survival mode, you have no time to formulate this s**t, you just get through to survive..... and keep tally of who helped and who didn't. When the smoke is clear and the money is secured, then the victor rewrites the scrips. Backs are scratched & vengeance is swift.

This s**t has been happening a certain way - the umpiring in the 2nd half of the Home & Away season against us was ******* terrible. If you look back, you will see me say it at the time- we just need to get a top 4 spot and every year the umpiring factor disappears in finals as the AFL WILL NOT fu** with the finals. Too many eyes, too big a cost.

So look through the history books and tell me - what was our umpiring count in the finals vs that of our home & away seasons? Crazily, i am pretty sure you will see our umpiring stats in the finals is almost par, or unbelievably in a positive. Home & Away? we are running at about 50% variance in the negative. Its one of the more insane stats - but that is how this s**t rolls, the finals are untampered footy - its pure, and its why finals are always great.

2020 was a case of get it done any which way we can & worry about the rest later. Even the AFL wont shoot themselves in the foot that much - any winner in 2020 was a win for the AFL

Richmond win it, it ends our era with a fairy tale and a great AFL dynasty

Geelong win it - Gazza gets his flag in his farewell, Danger gets his flag etc

Lions win it - they get a home Granny

Port was the least interesting option for them.

Us winning the GF in 2020 was by far the most interesting storyline here - a truely epic end to the dynasty of the sleeping giant awoken. They even got the coaches to agree to in the box filming - they knew it was always going to be a special one.

But as soon as that s**t was over...... it was ******* over. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. And since then, the crap against us has been steady and strong. FFS, have you seen the draw we were given this year? Our game times are the type you usually give to North or Stkilda - not a team that had won 3 of the last 5 flags. They wrote that fixture up knowing that we ain't doin' s**t.

We finished 12th and limped to the line …. and in the first 11 rounds of 2022 get A Thursday night opener. A Saturday night against the Dogs. An Anzac Eve against the Demons. A Friday night against the Eagles. Saturday night Dreamtime. Friday night v Sydney. In addition 2 x Sat arvo MCG games against Pies and Hawks are hardly poor fixtures.

That’s an unbelievable fixture for a team who finished 12th and is not setting the world on fire, keeping in mind they gave us Sydney Friday night and Dreamtime Saturday night AFTER Dimma’s COVID comments.

So if you’re going to float conspiracy theories they need to have at least a semblance of truth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three key midfield suppliers for the Dees, Langdon, Trac, Oliver.
Tackle hard and make them pay.
Again, we must always have one defender behind Fritsch, he marks from behind, he is similar to Dogs' Picken in 2016.
Miller running through Fritsch would lift the young fella's confidence.
The Dees are my most hated team this year.
Dees and daylight.

Played with one less player though had Aarts in team for most of these matches
He'll be playing next week too, you can count on that.

30 disposals in the VFL. Dow will probably get dropped for him.

Why, why, why do we often just bomb it into the space in front of goals with Jack and Tom competing for a mark with several opposition players? We get it into the forward line often but just seem to waste it a lot.

Why, why, why do we often just bomb it into the space in front of goals with Jack and Tom competing for a mark with several opposition players? We get it into the forward line often but just seem to waste it a lot.
We seem to be taking too long moving the ball giving the oppo time to run back and clog up space. The Crows had an open forward line with Tex one out many times on the weekend.

The umpires aren't paying freekicks against us because Brooke Cotchin went to a salon or because Stack & CCJ got a kebab or because someone may have asked about getting food delivered to their room in the hub or because Hardwick left his wife. In case you hadn't noticed we were getting shafted in terms of free kick counts before any of that happened and that comes from playing the game on the edge. Now that we're no longer the standard bearers we can't overcome that so it gets made to look worse than it really is.

Doesn’t explain why our players get targeted by the media for staging to the exclusion of any other club. Or why the rules were changed to specifically to make Richmond’s game plan less effective, also why a media campaign was launched by AFL media commentators to make sure the public knew we were going to get shafted on Ellis’s compensation. Or the “out of the blue” hysteria in 2018 4 rounds into the season about the “dire state of the game” and how a special committee of media coaches and media commentators with links to AFL house were going to save it.

Too many incidents keep stacking up to suggest AFL house don’t like us and their employees can get away with the consistently poor treatment we are receiving.

Not to mention an interstate club president of AFL controlled franchise coming out to actively campaign against a candidate for the CEO position. Smearing Gale as being too Vic centric while not putting forth any other recommendation for who he would back. Bizarre behaviour that’s been allowed to pass without any scrutiny from AFL media. I’d expect some pump pieces for Travis Auld in the coming weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back