Recommitted Alex Pearce [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be very interesting how Alex Pearce does go this season and whether he'll re-sign with Freo or he goes elsewhere

You mean to a team that plays 4 games a year in tassie would be a definite no

Was a selling factor for greenwood who had only ever played in front of fam in tassie once
Greenwood was delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assume he stays but he is definitely the sort of player that could leave for the best contract if another club comes to the table with a bit extra.

With his body he might just be looking for the best financial security he can get

The thing with his injuries is that they're not soft tissue reoccurring or anything, but all impact injuries? So I don't really think it's THAT much of a concern

Assume he stays but he is definitely the sort of player that could leave for the best contract if another club comes to the table with a bit extra.

With his body he might just be looking for the best financial security he can get
If his body did break down again, he might retire.

The guy has been to hell and back.

Another club would be taking a massive risk considering his injury history.

Only a team in contention who take the risk but they would be stressed cap wise to give out the coin.

Seriously doubt it tbh. Despite his injuries he's been part of the leadership group for a while now. I doubt he'd move state for "a little bit extra".

I'm only really worried is a Tassie team comes in or if another club offers substantially more than what he's getting at Freo, in which case good luck to them.

Seriously doubt it tbh. Despite his injuries he's been part of the leadership group for a while now. I doubt he'd move state for "a little bit extra".

I'm only really worried is a Tassie team comes in or if another club offers substantially more than what he's getting at Freo, in which case good luck to them.
Well when I say extra I mean years, if a team is willing to give him a longer deal it could be tempting for a guy who has struggled to get on the park.

Now I doubt it happens as well, assume he will stay at Freo but his next contract could be his last if he struggles again with his body.

Well when I say extra I mean years, if a team is willing to give him a longer deal it could be tempting for a guy who has struggled to get on the park.

Now I doubt it happens as well, assume he will stay at Freo but his next contract could be his last if he struggles again with his body.
I getcha now. Agreed the financial security of a longer term deal could be tempting. Despite his injury history though I would hope Freo look after him in his next contract as much as possible. Would be a blow to the culture if he left.

Id consider him at Geelong, only down side is his injuries, and can't seem to play a full season.
We're screaming out for another Key Defender to help out SDK, but his not over 30 so I doubt we will be interested...

The blokes captaining our side over Mundy right now, he aint going anywhere

Probably putting off talks in case Tassie gets announced to come in the next 5 years, will tailor his contract length towards that

The blokes captaining our side over Mundy right now, he aint going anywhere

Probably putting off talks in case Tassie gets announced to come in the next 5 years, will tailor his contract length towards that
The bloke is almost 27 years old and played 60 odd games

I doubt whether Tassie will be in the team in 5 years or not is at the front of his mind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back