VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only hesitation I have on Whyte was that he was apparently great training with the mids over the preseason, then did great first couple of matches in the vfl. But after that he was told to learn a second position to get him in the senior side but has been unsighted. Might be one of those guys who has to be midfield

Due to injury....I was surprised to see Whyte selected as an emergency in round 1...one to keep an eye on.

Due to injury....I was surprised to see Whyte selected as an emergency in round 1...one to keep an eye on.
I didn't mean literally unsighted, poor choice of words. I meant he was getting hyped up first couple of rounds then had a 7 disposal outing against Brisbane.

I've missed a few of the subsequent games where he played but I see his disposal tallies went back up again for whatever that's worth so I may be reading too much into it

Dahlhaus, Neale, and one more

All emergencies are travelling AFAIK. No Menegola or Kroeger either.

Confirmation tomorrow afternoon of the VFL list - Emergencies will be listed though.

Im not sure why we would take all 4 emergencies unless we are definitely having late changes for the afl side would have thought 3 is enough. Probably tells me stanley is out and sav in. I would assume nick stevens is the 3rd plsyer for the vfl team as hes fit and not in the afl 26.

Im not sure why we would take all 4 emergencies unless we are definitely having late changes for the afl side would have thought 3 is enough. Probably tells me stanley is out and sav in. I would assume nick stevens is the 3rd plsyer for the vfl team as hes fit and not in the afl 26.
Taking all four emergencies is madness. Esava must be coming in, and that's bad news for both the AFL and VFL squads.

Taking all four emergencies is madness. Esava must be coming in, and that's bad news for both the AFL and VFL squads.

One will be the sub and you always take one other in case of illness but 4 means late changes and sav in. Agree bad news.

Lucky our vfl team is playing nth melb as we wouldnt beat any other aligned sides with only 3 listed players.

One will be the sub and you always take one other in case of illness but 4 means late changes and sav in. Agree bad news.
As you say, the fact they're taking all four would seem to indicate it's more than just Rhys who is in huge doubt as well. This weekend could end up being a real nightmare.

Would be a big gulp to bring in Knevitt as well for his first game. Demp not much different. We have gone reluctance to play to deep end type stuff... although Im not complain but expectation should be tempered I feel. Its OK to look at the individual for pros and cons... the weaker the side , the tougher to come in a play well id have thought.
We need to have a strong group to select from ( need more talent ) cause some will be wins , some will fail, its a numbers game to some degree

The one head scratcher is Neale not a travelling emg. I guess you cant take them all.

Meanwhile, the VFL is starting have a real top up feel. Waddell getting votes last week. What is the issue with Kroger , did we break him pre season?

GEELONG VFL
B:50. Daniel Capiron, 90. Darby Schilder, 74. Ben Lloyd
HB:47. Matt Ling, 92. Dan Weigl, 54. Ollie. Tate
C:68. Tom Feely, 40. Luke Dahlhaus, 48. Billy Crofts
HF:64. Tom Pannucio, 85. Lachie Waddell, 52. Jackson McLachlan
F:53. Charlie Sprague, 23. Gary Rohan, 28. Ollie Dempsey
R:33. Shannon Neale, 57. Jye Chalcraft, 10. Mitch Knevitt
I/C:39. Zach Guthrie, 17. Esava Ratugolea, 56. Will Christie, 77. Scott Carlin, 62. Marcus Herbert,
EMG:59. Ned Harris, 70. Liam Herbert, 69. Fraser Marris, 63. Ben Worme, 72. Tylar Watts, 65. Jack Evans
INS:Darby Schilder, Dan Weigl, Esava Ratugolea, Will Christie, Ollie Dempsey, Luke Dahlhaus
OUTS:Cooper Stephens (AFL), Francis Evans (AFL), Nick Stevens (injured), Ryan Abbott (calf), Angus Byrne (concussion), Liam McCarthy

Expect all AFL emergencies to come out leaving Rohan, Neale, Dahlhaus remaining. 4/6 emergencies replacing.

That is if KRock has the team correct this week, afl.com should release it tonight and be more accurate.

Ollie is also there. So should be a grand total of four listed players running out for us tomorrow. I can't remember a lower number than that in recent years.

And now Stevens is injured as well. What a charmed run we're having. Didn't need COVID to decimate the list. We got it done all on our own. :(

1st and 2nd year players can't get on the park or get injured. Are the training loads too much for kids to handle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks to have solid skills and a great left foot , also looks comfortable in traffic and doesn't move predictably ( if that makes sense)
Appears to have a few tricks which is an advantage at AFL level.

If we can stay in touch of the 8 until the halfway stage of the season, we could be in a decent position to make a charge in the run home.
Kroeger, Conway, Whyte, Ceglar, Stevens, Menegola, Selwood, Holmes, Higgins, Willis, Henry, Simpson, should either return to the VFL or Seniors in that time

If we can stay in touch of the 8 until the halfway stage of the season, we could be in a decent position to make a charge in the run home.
Kroeger, Conway, Whyte, Ceglar, Stevens, Menegola, Selwood, Holmes, Higgins, Willis, Henry, Simpson, should either return to the VFL or Seniors in that time
I'm not sure Simpson will be back unfortunately.

I hope the news is wrong.

GEELONG VFL
B:50. Daniel Capiron, 90. Darby Schilder, 74. Ben Lloyd
HB:47. Matt Ling, 92. Dan Weigl, 54. Ollie. Tate
C:68. Tom Feely, 40. Luke Dahlhaus, 48. Billy Crofts
HF:64. Tom Pannucio, 85. Lachie Waddell, 52. Jackson McLachlan
F:53. Charlie Sprague, 23. Gary Rohan, 28. Ollie Dempsey
R:33. Shannon Neale, 57. Jye Chalcraft, 10. Mitch Knevitt
I/C:39. Zach Guthrie, 17. Esava Ratugolea, 56. Will Christie, 77. Scott Carlin, 62. Marcus Herbert,
EMG:59. Ned Harris, 70. Liam Herbert, 69. Fraser Marris, 63. Ben Worme, 72. Tylar Watts, 65. Jack Evans
INS:Darby Schilder, Dan Weigl, Esava Ratugolea, Will Christie, Ollie Dempsey, Luke Dahlhaus
OUTS:Cooper Stephens (AFL), Francis Evans (AFL), Nick Stevens (injured), Ryan Abbott (calf), Angus Byrne (concussion), Liam McCarthy

Expect all AFL emergencies to come out leaving Rohan, Neale, Dahlhaus remaining. 4/6 emergencies replacing.

That is if KRock has the team correct this week, afl.com should release it tonight and be more accurate.

Which Key defenders are injured at VFL and AFL level? The club cooked the goose a bit not having enough 195cm replacements for Hendo & Kruger.

Schilder and Weigl ... do we have a size for them?

Ollie is also there. So should be a grand total of four listed players running out for us tomorrow. I can't remember a lower number than that in recent years.

And now Stevens is injured as well. What a charmed run we're having. Didn't need COVID to decimate the list. We got it done all on our own. :(
Dempsey, Guthrie, Knevitt, Ratugolea are all AFL emergencies and will not be playing VFL. There are three to play.

Which Key defenders are injured at VFL and AFL level? The club cooked the goose a bit not having enough 195cm replacements for Hendo & Kruger.

Schilder and Weigl ... do we have a size for them?

Both around 193cm.

Ollie is in syd with the afl team based on photos so i doubt he is playing vfl.

Wow north are a weak vfl side but thats the weakest vfl side weve fielded in years (injuries forced it) we would do well if we win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back