Preview Round 9, 2022: Hawks v Tigers, 1.45pm Sat 14th May, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope Koschitzke isn’t used as the second ruck anymore. He’s kicked 9 goals from three games despite limited opportunities and not spending much time in the forward half. That is a great return. Imagine what he can do if he does it for four quarters?

I really want to see Lewis and Koschitzke as the two key forwards with Gunston going back to playing as the third tall which will free him up to dominate against his opponent.

What about playing Lewis, Koschitzke and Callow, with Callow as the back up ruck?

I hope Koschitzke isn’t used as the second ruck anymore. He’s kicked 9 goals from three games despite limited opportunities and not spending much time in the forward half. That is a great return. Imagine what he can do if he does it for four quarters?

I really want to see Lewis and Koschitzke as the two key forwards with Gunston going back to playing as the third tall which will free him up to dominate against his opponent.

What about playing Lewis, Koschitzke and Callow, with Callow as the back up ruck?
tbf Callow has been our backup ruck for the last two days, Kosi has played predominantly forward.

Definitely agree with Kosi though, he's kicked 9 goals in 3 games against some quality opposition in Swans & Dees. Plus the amount of pressur ehe puts on for a key forward, I think he compliments Gunston and Lewis very well.

Mitchell and Newcombe in doubt with flu
Just happened to speak to someone who knows our Tom quite well. He did in fact have the flu on Saturday night as he was 'as crook as a dog' during the day, and they couldn't believe he played.

When I mentioned that it made sense because he along with 2 of other mids had 1 disposal each in the last quarter the response was "they probably all had it".

So hopefully they’re through the worst of it, and now just trying to get up for the game.

Just happened to speak to someone who knows our Tom quite well. He did in fact have the flu on Saturday night as he was 'as crook as a dog' during the day, and they couldn't believe he played.

When I mentioned that it made sense because he along with 2 of other mids had 1 disposal each in the last quarter the response was "they probably all had it".

So hopefully they’re through the worst of it, and now just trying to get up for the game.

He was on SEN Breakfast yesterday morning and made a throwaway comment about how he was poor on Saturday night. Says a lot about him, plus he spoke of his new role with the team and his eagerness surrounding it. I know if I was as crook as he sounds I would be letting everyone know that's why I didn't play well, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're only a thırd of the way into the season and I'm already giving sams direction a pass. There's good things for us just around the corner as long as we know where we're at, no finals and some disappointing losses to be expected. But seeing ward, MacDonald, Finn , newk get games everyweek , debuts of callow and now Butler plus throwing dgb in the deep end regardless of form , tells me Sam is sneakerly building up depth and fast tracking youngsters meaning fast tracking the path to success in a couple of years!!
Im finding myself disappointed with losses but getting over them within a day!!! Haven't had this feeling for well over a decade.

Good luck against the Tigers on the weekend guys. If I had to choose a 2nd favourite side it'd be the Hawks.

Anyway, not sure where this goes but I thought you all might enjoy

Out of curiosity, do you know why he played then ?
curious to know.

Well no sympathy for Mitchell if true. What a selfish attitude.

100% what I got told on Monday

B: James Sicily, Sam Frost, Will Day
HB: Jarman Impey, Jack Scrimshaw, Blake Hardwick
C: Conor Nash, Jai Newcombe, Harry Morrison
HF: Jaeger O’Meara, Jack Gunston, Luke Breust
F: Dylan Moore, Mitch Lewis, Sam Butler
R: Max Lynch, Lachlan Bramble, James Worpel
Int: Jacob Koschitzke, Denver Grainger-Barras, Finn Maginness, Chad Wingard

Emer: Liam Shiels, Kyle Hartigan, Connor Macdonald, Daniel Howe

IN: Sam Butler, Chad Wingard, Conor Nash, Mitch Lewis
OUT: Tom Mitchell (managed), Connor Macdonald (managed), Josh Ward (omitted), Jackson Callow (omitted), Liam Shiels (medical sub)

In the three games we’ve won this year we have had a good spread of goal kickers from our midfielders. We can’t just rely on our forwards to kick goals, especially when we’re ranked near the bottom for time in forward half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back