List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system is designed so clubs can’t keep good depth players that’d play for other clubs every week. We can’t just sign Logue for depth because other clubs would want him and would be prepared to pay best 22 level money.

Either Logue becomes convinced he’s best 22 (some would say he is already) or he leaves.

It might not quite be as simple as that but that’d be pretty damn close to what’ll happen.

Last edited:

... it would be a shame if Visy ever had it's email server compromised because a single line saying they are paying the player as reward for signing or shifting income from the salary cap to Visy's books and the Carlton football club is guilty of a salary cap breach.

But again, if you had that information you'd be stomped into dust or the AFL would buy it off you

Anyone watch the state game? 13 disposals and 3 goals seems a really good effort from Rogers, particularly if he played hf all day. That could push his name right up the order in the MSD. Would suit our needs too.

... it would be a shame if Visy ever had it's email server compromised because a single line saying they are paying the player as reward for signing or shifting income from the salary cap to Visy's books and the Carlton football club is guilty of a salary cap breach.

But again, if you had that information you'd be stomped into dust or the AFL would buy it off you
The afl has been corrupt for years. It's sewn into its very fabric

Could we perhaps rotate Chappy through the midfield and defence to free up Logue?

He's only 23 too. Pearce isn't really a long term option with his injury history and hamling is good as gone. Would be really dumb no to re sign him

Unfortunately it can't be Logue instead of Pearce. Most teams have 200cm-ish Key Forwards these days (Kings, Lynch, Wright, Hawkins, Brown, Daniher, Franklin, Mckay and you've got to have a 2m Defender to play on them. Logue will do it if he has to but not week in week out. 5cm doesn't sound much but the extra size & wingspan is a lot.

So what your saying is that we need to get an accountant on the inside, who will provide information to news sources?

I feel like that with quite a few of ourplayers but I am quite open to trades that improve us and provide a better balance. If a contract can't be agreed with Logue he may help us get Gus Brayshaw or Jackson (I know Brayshaw is a rfa, but it still may take a trade).

I don't know. I feel good teams keep their good players. Who have Richmond really lost in the last 5-6 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know. I feel good teams keep their good players. Who have Richmond really lost in the last 5-6 years?
I’d agree with this.
High quality players don’t normally walk out the door of AFL clubs without much resistance from the original club. It does happen but it’s rare and almost unheard of for a top 4 or 6 side. Neale was probably the last one and I fell we were complacent and blindsided on that one.
Last year we threw the kitchen sink at keeping Adam Cerra for example.
Maybe Logue isn’t rated as high internally as many of the fans do. It certainly does seem like we are not trying to hard to sign him up though which is worrying from my POV.

I'll leave you to do the research on Richmond's trading but I don't see players in trades as losses. For Geelong, Kelly has effectively become Cameron. For WC Judd became their greatest forward. You may remember the Croad trade.

Most on here see our list as having it's greatest depth and upside ever, and trading good players has been essential to that. Reverse trades for the players who are at the club and I doubt we are as well off.

I’d agree with this.
High quality players don’t normally walk out the door of AFL clubs without much resistance from the original club. It does happen but it’s rare and almost unheard of for a top 4 or 6 side. Neale was probably the last one and I fell we were complacent and blindsided on that one.
Last year we threw the kitchen sink at keeping Adam Cerra for example.
Maybe Logue isn’t rated as high internally as many of the fans do. It certainly does seem like we are not trying to hard to sign him up though which is worrying from my POV.

I think your forgetting that his manager is Young, and all of this noise is coming from Young. Logue is just being paraded around like a show animal.

It’s all standard operating procedure for Young.

I think your forgetting that his manager is Young, and all of this noise is coming from Young. Logue is just being paraded around like a show animal.

It’s all standard operating procedure for Young.
You just said his name 3x times…

Great.

What's happened to Blake Schlensog from South Fremantle? he's only 21 and could also be considered for the mid year draft as a backup ruck/forward.
Could be a better proposition then 28 year old Strom

What's happened to Blake Schlensog from South Fremantle? he's only 21 and could also be considered for the mid year draft as a backup ruck/forward.
Could be a better proposition then 28 year old Strom
Injured himself in an off field incident and hasn't played this year

Think broken hand and there were rumours that it may have been something dodgy

Hasn't done himself any favours, definitely won't be a MSD pick

Injured himself in an off field incident and hasn't played this year

Think broken hand and there were rumours that it may have been something dodgy

Hasn't done himself any favours, definitely won't be a MSD pick
Not a rumour confirmed he broke it at a “Freo night spot” punching someone.
Last year, a week after he did his leg, was on the beer in the Souths Members watching the league in a moon boot. Leave alone me thinks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back