Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not "too loose", if anything its onerous

there was a vic teacher on indefinite leave - we was ineligible. Why? Because he was still technically in the employ of the state. (edit - and for the record he was a candidate I really liked)

Its not hard, resign and run. Same with this, check your status's and sort them out.

is it too much to expect our politicians to do a basic compliance check?

and for the record, this isnt a lib/alp thing for me. I am assuming this candidate will be in the clear, because the idealist in me still wants to believe they did the checks they said they did. The rule frustrates me however because over a dozen have failed, and they still fail. and every time the answer is the same "oh, I didnt know, soz". Im sick of suck weak arse attitudes to something that is easy to check.

and on a side issue, it does look like she made an incorrect claim on her form about never being a foreign national. my understanding is that the doc isnt like a stat dec, so there is no penalty for doing that. that said, making an incorrect statement is likely to cause the claims to get reviewed (and see above, I dont think it will be an issue)
You shouldn't have to quit prospective employment ( indefinite leave? ) on the off chance that you get elected.
Surely the system should allow this to be done after the fact.

Did you ask this question when the Morrison government was told about the coming price hikes several weeks ago?

Of course not, because they suppressed the information so the public wouldnā€™t know till after the election they were hoping to win.

Youā€™re really not any good at this.

Ignore him, he's a troll. He just posts meaningless s**t to get people to bite.

And now Albo has to come up with a viable solution, which he wont as he's inept. He's also #notmypm šŸ˜
Actually he IS your PM and you have to wrestle with the cognitive dissonance that will trigger within you.

Iā€™m going to put you on my Ignore list because itā€™s just too embarrassing to read your clueless barracking any longer, but Iā€™m not going to give you the courtesy of saying when.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to quit prospective employment ( indefinite leave? ) on the off chance that you get elected.
Surely the system should allow this to be done after the fact.

there are a couple of reasons for this

1) even if they just influence the debate of the electorate, it may be to their own financial benefit

2) the public service is supposed to be completely non partisan during an election. If Gaetjens (for example) took leave to run for the Liberals, and failed, what message do you think that sends to all of his staff when he resumes his role under a Liberal govt?

Actually he IS your PM and you having to wrestle with the cognitive dissonance that will trigger within you.

Iā€™m going to put you on my Ignore list because itā€™s just too embarrassing to read your clueless barracking any longer, but Iā€™m not going to give you the courtesy of saying when.

Maybe Xtreme is waiting for his mate Palmer to unleash the AUSSIE KRAKEN!!! and have him bring down the Labor Govt in court, and return the God chosen Scomo to his divine office of supremacy

Power prices on the up, what's Albo going to do to combat this ? We need action not inaction!

The decision to raise prices was taken in March, but not announced until after the election.

Why do you think the decision was hidden until now?.

What would Scumo have done? Like with inflation, just blamed overseas forces & done nothing about it?

Maybe Xtreme is waiting for his mate Palmer to unleash the AUSSIE KRAKEN!!! and have him bring down the Labor Govt in court, and return the God chosen Scomo to his divine office of supremacy

Clive Palmer is an idiot
I'll just wait and hope Albo is voted out in 3 years*

* Unless Penny Wong/Kristina Keneally take him down before then (jokes)

there are a couple of reasons for this

1) even if they just influence the debate of the electorate, it may be to their own financial benefit

2) the public service is supposed to be completely non partisan during an election. If Gaetjens (for example) took leave to run for the Liberals, and failed, what message do you think that sends to all of his staff when he resumes his role under a Liberal govt?

Yes sometimes there is a good reason ( your second example ), but you could equally , possibly more likely , find people employed in the private sector who could also influence the debate of the electorate to their advantage.

School teacher campaigns for more money for school teachers?
Defence Contractor Employee campaigning for stronger military presence?
Pharmacy shareholder campaigning for legal cannabis?

You know that when government gets in they frequently weed out those managers in the public service who they believe are batting for the other side.

Clive Palmer is an idiot
I'll just wait and hope Albo is voted out in 3 years*

* Unless Penny Wong/Kristina Keneally take him down before then (jokes)

If i had a spare 100 000 000, i would put that on Billboards around the country.

Actually there a lot of charities that could use it ,so i don't think i would really waste it on something so idiotic.
Not sure the advertising industry is a worthwhile charity.

I don't get how people pulled in by old mate extreme. We've all been interneting enough by now yeah?
Never underestimate the pleasure of pointing out an idiotā€™s idiocy.

But youā€™re right, even that has its limits, and it pales into comparison with the warm glow from knowing that after nearly a decade of poisonous gaslighting, Australia is finally being led by a normal, decent human being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes sometimes there is a good reason ( your second example ), but you could equally , possibly more likely , find people employed in the private sector who could also influence the debate of the electorate to their advantage.

School teacher campaigns for more money for school teachers?
Defence Contractor Employee campaigning for stronger military presence?
Pharmacy shareholder campaigning for legal cannabis?

You know that when government gets in they frequently weed out those managers in the public service who they believe are batting for the other side.

okay, so you want a line. where and how does it get drawn?

is it by income, seniority, tenure?

as for the private sector, they are not the key party involved in this election. again, govt is supposed to be non-political, and running for office is the most political thing you can do.

Why is everybody so upset about Dutton being called Voldemort?

I mean it is objectively true.

He was called a potato for years and nobody cared because it was true as well.
Because apparently he didn't choose to be bald.

However, he did choose to be an a-hole who accused rape victims of 'trying it on', boycotted the apology to the Stolen Generations, claimed it wasn't safe to eat out in Melbourne because of Africans and tried to stoke a conflict with the world's largest superpower to win an election. So, morally, the cap fits.

But happy to use Discount Palpatine if he prefers.

Did you ask this question when the Morrison government was told about the coming price hikes several weeks ago?

Of course not, because they suppressed the information so the public wouldnā€™t know till after the election they were hoping to win.

Youā€™re really not any good at this.
What information was surpressed? This rise was flagged about a month ago when the wholesale price exploded. I'm not saying the LNP had a plan for it, but it was widely known.

This isn't new news that has just come into the public domain since Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back