Autopsy Roast & toast vs Port Adelaide and changes for Carlton round 14

Best vs Pear

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We couldn’t make the most of our ruck domination - 41 /18,
We lost Centre and stoppage clearances. I know we often lose clearances but some of the ruck work had me scratching my head. A couple of Soldo’s 2 handed taps were straight down their throat
or to the opposing ruckman.!!!!

Anyone notice from commentators whenever WE get. fREE , gee that was lucky couldn’t see much in that ,,

whenever we get one paid AGAINST , not much doubt about that one
Absolutely , and people still think there is no aggenda

Spot on mate.

Note this morning kane cornes said richmond got 3 goals from free kicks that were iffy. 2 to clarke and 1 to gibcus. OK. Well Judson only received the one free. so thats that.

Also Dimma said Port are a good side. He trolling haha
I would ring and call him out but I’m blocked

Dusty looks slow as duck too. I reckon he came back because footy is what he knows however I just don't think he is in it mentally atm. He doesn't owe us anything, I just hope he gets himself right.
Oppos still have to pay close attention too him.So i'm ok with that aspect.If football is helping him through it then just keep on keeping on Dusty.

I watched him quite a bit and he had some a-hole hanging off him most of the time, umps should stop the obvious holds behind play
so right, not just for Dusty or Richmond, but for all, The problem is some are given others not, my undertanding is that unless the ball is within 5m you can not interfere with a player. So if the AFL continues on with the line about a fast game with high scores follow the rules. The game has changed so much since covid with the new rules that it is not what it used to be, and going by heaps of the stories I read in here, the attendances and the frustration of the followers, a lot of people are losing interest.

Soldo is really struggling.... not up to it at the moment. IMO. While I'm at it, any chance Hugo can hit a target...??
What to do with Soldo? neither of our kPF ruck which means you need to take Balta out of the back line ( how much better does our backline balance look when he’s down there!!!).
The other thing is you risk running Nank into the ground if he’s the only ruckman.

Having said all that Soldo has been average since the Pies game (?) from memory.

Last edited:
s**t crowd tonight under 22,000
Was to be expected. We predicted this a few weeks ago when the knuckle heads at the AFL scheduled us for the two Thursday night games. The weather has been crap (coldest start to winter in decades), interstate & regional supporters can't travel mid week, kids have school (plus a lot of them are currently sick), some kids also have junior football training commitments, trains are not running properly on several lines, and people are sick of the AFL's bullshit rules & over-umpiring of our once great game.

I ended up going last night as I took today off work, but definitely won't be going next week.

If the AFL would stop treating football supporters like garbage people might actually start attending games again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowds are down because the AFL have treated the supporters like s**t and it's caught up with them.
Aussie rules is in real trouble and they seem to always piss off the largest supporter base.

I used to go every week but can't even be stuffed giving them the satisfaction. We have to break the system to fix it for the better.

Agree….AFL treat supporters ( mostly RFC) like cash cows and expect them to rock up whenever…wherever

Thursday night…mid winter…kids need to go to school the next day….people need to get up early to go to work…flu season

but the AFL is only interested in satisfying TV commitments…particularly Foxtel…hence the stupid 320 Sunday slot…..games being played all over the place….as long as it fits into the tv schedule

The sooner dipstick Gil leaves the better…but of course he wants to finalise the next TV rights deal before he goes…wrong move….Benny - as next AFL CEO will have to live with that deal for the next 5 years…totally stuffed

Stop Curnow with 2 of Balta, Grimes or Tarrant
Tag Cripps when he's in the middle with Grimes to take him when Cripps drifts forward
Hope Lynch is back to straighten up the side
Dude…love your posts…reckon this board will want to gift you an RFC membership in appreciation

Soldo is really struggling.... not up to it at the moment. IMO. While I'm at it, any chance Hugo can hit a target...??
Did anyone hit a target last night other than the target that must have been printed on every Port players shirt?

I don't think I have seen a game of so many turnovers. I mean if chippy missed a nail as many times with his hammer he would be sacked.

How salty are the media about the mighty Tigers lmao.

Kudos to the caller just then who played the Tiger song on SEN,the SEN dj got sourpuss over it and cracked the shits,cover blown.

I'd make two changes next week, We'll need another Midfielder against Carlton, Lambert/Dow/Sonsie in, Ralphsmith out, as well as Lynch in for Soldo. Tarrant & Gibcus held Mckay & Curnow goaless in R1 so why not again? and we can always throw Balta back there if ones dominating.

I'd make two changes next week, We'll need another Midfielder against Carlton, Dow/Sonsie in, Ralphsmith out, as well as Lynch in for Soldo. Tarrant & Gibcus held Mckay & Curnow goaless in R1 so why not again? and we can always throw Balta back there if ones dominating.
Agree.
Need xtra run maybe 2.
Lambert in.Maybe Mansell
Soldo out
The question which other tall to go out.
And what to do with the 2nd ruck if so.

A bit left-field but what do you guys think of calling on Sam Banks? He’s a pretty good kick of the ball and that’s what we need right now.

IN: Banks, Lynch, Miller, Lambert
OUT: Ralphsmith, Soldo, Tarrant, Edwards

Sub: Edwards

Tarrant saved himself a little because of the last quarter, but Miller had a very good game in the VFL. To reward form, we should call him up and drop either Tarrant or Gibcus.

Did anyone hit a target last night other than the target that must have been printed on every Port players shirt?

I don't think I have seen a game of so many turnovers. I mean if chippy missed a nail as many times with his hammer he would be sacked.
Chippies don't know what Hammers are.
Only nail guns
Can't even use them properly. Nails are always protruding the architraves and skirting boards
Get a nail punch
Lazy campaigners

Back