Analysis Grundy, Cox and Cameron Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting proposition....

Whilst the outward results might look ok.

The question is more around whether the same game style is being employed?

To date, we are dropping one of the ruckman behind the ball and getting back deep.
We didn't seem to be doing this early rounds.

So is it a different gamestyle to suit what we have? (expectation of losing contest?)
or is it a natural evolution of the gamestyle that will benefit with Grundy returns?
not sure, but I think it means Grundy is shit

You haven’t made a suggestion other than Grundy will magically improve under fly.

No SPIN has no point. Should change in name to No CLUE.

Grundy has to be able to take marks and tap to his mids. Attributes he has refused to do for the past two years. Grundy thinks his possession and dump kick clearance game is the way forward. A stubborn dumb footballer. That the 2019 prelim exposed us to. We just didn’t understand at the time what actually was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy up, it’s a separate thread about a separate topic. If you want to backslap and unfurl the flag go to the other threads

Question for me is what will Grundy, Dean, Kruger & Johnson do for us when all fit?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There’s an All Australian, two zero gamers and a five gamer in that list. Not sure if they all have the same prospects.

I truly wonder what would be happening if Grundy was ready to return after the bye. Why would you choose to alter what has been a winning formula? All season long Fly has said the players in the team stay until they are no longer worthy of their place. Who would you drop? We seem to be having far more damaging breaks from the centre bounce with Cameron and Cox. It may be an illusion but that is how it seems to have been this past month. Cox and Cameron are both clunking marks and winning the pill at ground level too-which was Grundy's strength ( the ground level work).

You can't play all three in the same team. Our balance is perfect up forward. Do you play a man based upon his salary?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure, but I think it means Grundy is s**t
Don't be so pathetic.

I simply stated that with Grundy out, we're playing a different style.
Which is predicated on the strengths/weaknesses of what we have available.
Do you agree?

That's good coaching.

Who knows what would have happened today if Grundy played and smashed Gawn / etc in the ruck.....in which case this conversation would be different.

patience.....lets see where we are the week before Grundy comes back to make any decisions.

Bit of a overreaction on here.
Grundy is our number one ruck,
The part will be how they use cox and cameron when he does return

Results say yes.

Having ruckmen who actually take marks around the ground is HUGE and completely changes our team. Also getting more value from our hitouts instead of just going to the ruckmens feet every time.

Cameron and Cox looks like a much more dangerous partnership than Grundy.
Good thread man. See, the disagreeable are under-rated. My kinda diversity. ;)

Results say yes.

Having ruckmen who actually take marks around the ground is HUGE and completely changes our team. Also getting more value from our hitouts instead of just going to the ruckmens feet every time.

Cameron and Cox looks like a much more dangerous partnership than Grundy.
Which results - the Dogs and Tigers game were without Grundy.

We've since tightened our defence and are playing bloody good footy - Cox and Cameron have been good.

Please….I’m surprised that you’re even able to post with all that egg on your face.

I’ll let you in on another secret. We will NEVER play 3 Ruckman in this new game plan. It unbalances the transition of the ball.

It’s been fun to watch you double down though. Just exposes you further lack of any football understand.

Let me know where I can send you some Grundy badges for your dufflecoat. They’ll be collectors items soon enough.

Good to know you were a believer and one point, and have the badges to prove it.

Just keep them because you’re going to need them again.

One of the mods also posted this a while back (in this thread:- Negativity Towards the Club and Personal Attacks
View attachment 1423410
I'd say you're extremely lucky you've been allowed to keep posting at all, as you seem to love playing your little games, and just keep on stirring "sh**"! That last sentence on the middle row above certainly sums you up! This should indeed be a day to celebrate, yet you've done your best to spoil the fun again. Well done!

I've posted positive comments on at least half a dozen threads, and have not taken a pot shot at the club at all, but don't let the facts or common sense get in the way of your personal vendetta.

Don't be so pathetic.

I simply stated that with Grundy out, we're playing a different style.
Which is predicated on the strengths/weaknesses of what we have available.
Do you agree?

That's good coaching.

Who knows what would have happened today if Grundy played and smashed Gawn / etc in the ruck.....in which case this conversation would be different.

patience.....lets see where we are the week before Grundy comes back to make any decisions.
Nah, I think it still points to Grundy being way over rated and outdated for our new style of play. do you really think we are going to change the way we play just accommodate Grundy? As far as what would happen today if he played, well, we would have lost all the effectivness of cox and Cameron. Those 2 were a huge reason why we won today and i don't care if Grundy has to play in the VFL for the rest of the year

Nah, I think it still points to Grundy being way over rated and outdated for our new style of play. do you really think we are going to change the way we play just accommodate Grundy? As far as what would happen today if he played, well, we would have lost all the effectivness of cox and Cameron. Those 2 were a huge reason why we won today and i don't care if Grundy has to play in the VFL for the rest of the year
Despite the fact you cant organise a sentence..

i'm all for the current way we play!
I'm just offering a tactical reason why things have changed. Even Fly hinted in his presser that grundy isn't a certainty.

I was just pointing out the different style we played since Grundy wasn't available...which who is to say wont work when he is back?

No SPIN has no point. Should change in name to No CLUE.

Grundy has to be able to take marks and tap to his mids. Attributes he has refused to do for the past two years. Grundy thinks his possession and dump kick clearance game is the way forward. A stubborn dumb footballer. That the 2019 prelim exposed us to. We just didn’t understand at the time what actually was happening.

Not sure how getting personal, progresses, your argument.
But it’s predictable given emotion rather than facts, drive your debating style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back