Preview 2022 Rd 20 Carlton vs Adelaide Saturday July 30 7:30PM @ Adelaide Oval - Team Post #586

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough paraphrasing from you. You suck at it.

Managing his time is a great idea, if that is what we are doing. We don't know that yet. I just want them to clarify what they are doing with the guy. If I take them at face value, he has been dropped. Not being managed, not being rested and not injured. Honey is being managed, not dropped and not injured. Time will tell if he is rested.

I'm not hysterically demanding answers. I'm merely saying if those who say he is being managed are correct, the club should fix the message they put out. Twisting and straw manning the discussion into those who want clarification as being hysterical handwringers is pathetic and borders on bullying.
I didn't even mention or quote you.....

Interesting you got your back up ....

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The media and the supporters create the confusion let's be honest, and this place turns into a fist fight.

Maybe JSOS is best 23. Maybe they prefer not to be too tall. I'm confused why people are up in arms about something that doesn't really effect their lives.

Why are we here? We are passionate about all aspects of our football team, that's why.

Not the media by the way. The article on the club website is from a member of staff. The club made a statement. That may be perfectly legit.

It's a lot of supporters here who have created the confusion by saying what the club said is not what they meant and applying their own logic as to what was intended. This may be right too, in which case the club made an incorrect statement.

So the JSOS being rested melts are replacing the not getting Sheil melts now... I like it.

Not one person has melted over JSOS being rested.

I get it structurally, but Jack as an omission after all he has done and nearing his 100th game ... they did him dirty.

I'd wanna hear the club address this.
Would seem you are demanding explanation.....even mentioning his 100th game like it matters about this week's selection.

A little hysterical me thinks...along with all your other posts

On a side note Would prefer AFL went with a 5 man bench with the limited rotations than a sub .. Makes me laugh that when we had sub before coaches didn't want it 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Would seem you are demanding explanation.....even mentioning his 100th game like it matters about this week's selection.

A little hysterical me thinks...along with all the other posts

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Where have I demanded explanation. I mentioned the 100th game was something I was personally invested in, but did not use it as a reason he shouldn't be dropped.

Read, comprehend the written word ... as written. Resist interpretating it in a way that fits a narrative, and then reply. It's easy really.

Frankly, I'm glad that Jack's getting a rest.

I thought he moved a lot better than he had in weeks against GWS.

Give him a rest now. Get him back in against Brisbane or Melbourne and prepare for a big tilt at the finals.

Very important player.

Happy to have Pittonet and Owies back into the side.

Wait a second. People are using the argument that Silvagni wasn't dropped to dismiss those who aren't happy about it. They are saying he is being managed and will probably be sub and back in next week. If Honey is named as managed and in the list of emergencies, why wouldn't Silvagni be?

There is nothing wrong with suggesting it looks a little disrespectful towards Silvagni. If on the other hand, he was legitimately dropped for reasons that the coaches know and Jack knows, it's a different conversation.

Right now, those disagreeing with me are trying to have a foot in every camp. I can see how some posters feel dismissed out of hand at times.

There can be multiple factors in his omission, yeah. You following? It doesn't have to be one thing, so having a foot in each camp is perfectly reasonable.

Jack is not injured.
Jack is definitely sore.
Jack would probably benefit from a rest.
Jack would probably play if we needed him.
Jack would probably prefer to play, full stop.
Jack was playing forward/ruck.
TDK was playing ruck.
Pitto is back, will play ruck.
TDK will likely play forward/ruck.

So Jack is omitted.

He can be selected as the sub, as has been suggested is a likely intent. If this is the case, he most likely already knows he'll be the sub.

Omitted from the 22, probably 23rd man, assuming no injury in the opening minutes it's like being on managed time, and if no injury at all it's like being rested. Or something changes between now and Saturday night and he's back in the side. Or he's not the sub, and we can have him as the travelling emergency. Or leave him behind to play ressies. Or give him the week off. Plenty of scenarios, all equally valid, and none of them changed a single bit by the word we choose to put on the Thursday selection sheet.

It is honestly laughable that people are saying that omitting a player from the 22 is "disrespectful". Think about that for a second. Omitting our third forward/second ruck when our first choice ruckman comes back in is "disrespectful".

Hilarious.

On a side note Would prefer AFL went with a 5 man bench with the limited rotations than a sub .. Makes me laugh that when we had sub before coaches didn't want it 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Ratio wise, it is better I guess. The whole thing was done because playing 3 on the bench vs 4 caused a disadvantage. The argument with a 5 man bench will eventually become playing 4 on the bench vs 5 causes a disadvantage. It is a lesser disadvantage but in a game like ours, it will always be there.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Where have I demanded explanation. I mentioned the 100th game was something I was personally invested in, but did not use it as a reason he shouldn't be dropped.

Read, comprehend the written word ... as written. Resist interpretating it in a way that fits a narrative, and then reply. It's easy really.
Just laughing at those so upset we used the word 'omitted', your 30odd posts about it tell me you are a little hysterical (I didnt count the posts, I estimated and halved it)

For those mentioning Jack's 100th game... How poetic is it that Jack's 100th game will be his first final? I find a beauty in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him a rest now. Get him back in against Brisbane or Melbourne and prepare for a big tilt at the finals.

Very important player.

I'm glad he is getting a rest too Wick. Not so glad if he has been dropped as announced. I hope he is back in quickly.

Very important player.

Agreed mate. The kid gives 150 percent every time he hits the field and if we’re really fair dinkum at having a crack come finals we need him rested fit and firing because 1percenters become A HELL OF A LOT more important in finals.

I'm glad he is getting a rest too Wick. Not so glad if he has been dropped as announced. I hope he is back in quickly.

I think they've gotten the bracketed parts wrong. Why rest Honey but omit SOS? That's quite clearly a blunder.

You mean like here?

I get it structurally, but Jack as an omission after all he has done and nearing his 100th game ... they did him dirty.

I'd wanna hear the club address this.

Match Committee selection is going to be interesting in the next few weeks. Are we going to see similar JSOS melts if the MC brings in Marchbank for Young?

Depends, is he being dropped or rested?

I think they've gotten the bracketed parts wrong. Why rest Honey but omit SOS? That's quite clearly a blunder.

That's all I have been saying Wick. If it's a mistake, correct it.

SOS was dropped.

He knows it, has been spoken with and is pissed. He will be the sub this week.

Reality is, good teams have good players playing in the 2’s and playing for spots.

Okay, now I am confused.

Why was he dropped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back