Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

McDonald mobility around the ground fantastic to see, his give to Hayward was elite.
That handball was probably the highlight for me. Absolute elite hands for a key forward

yeah, for sure ... a month ago it might've been almost a novelty but he's gotta be in the all australian debate now
i reckon papley too
but warner, geez, he just keeps stepping up
Warner is on the fastest rise in the comp.

Unless you watch him closely , it's easy to miss the incredible feats he is capable off. Probably the most impactful midfielder going around atm

I would be very happy finishing 4th and playing Geelong in the first final
I agree, it's been so long since we played Geelong that they're a completely different side to the one we faced in round 2. The double chance is the perfect opportunity to play them and get a better feel for where we're both at.

We controlled the game from start to finish and flexed our muscles when the game was on the line. A sign of maturity and something the Swans haven’t always been able to do in the last couple of years.

Chad Warner needs to be signed on a Buddy like deal to make sure he doesn’t head back West. Absolute star!

North played their best and Larkey is going to be a very very good forward.

It’s best we don’t look at the ladder this weekend as percentage will be irrelevant if we get the win against the Pies.
How can you be serious. If Melbourne beat Brisbane in round 23 it is highly unlikely our % will be better than theirs so we miss out on top 2 and a home qualifying final. That is why it was so important today to win by 70-80 points.
Percentage will be irrelevant - bullshit!!!!

How can you be serious. If Melbourne beat Brisbane in round 23 it is highly unlikely our % will be better than theirs so we miss out on top 2 and a home qualifying final. That is why it was so important today to win by 70-80 points.

no one knows right now ... only in hindsight after the last game will we know if percentage is relevant
my point is just that ... we don't know what is going to happen, it's all speculation
yes, it's nice to have the percentage after an 80-point win or whatever but i brought it up earlier in the context of this game just to point out (again) that people on here always find something to whinge about, even after a comprehensive, relatively comfortable win over a team we really struggled to get past earlier in the season
go back through last week and see how many posts mentioned this being (another) "danger game" or people being nervous or worried
so i'm happy just to get the win
snarling about percentage to decide if we finish second or third is a pretty minor problem to have compared to the problems we thought we had five weeks ago, after the loss to essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blakey cops a lot of attention nowadays , takes a lot of knocks

good mills flew the flag for him

hope he doesn't get hurt though

It comes out of the way he plays, he reads the game so well and can see gaps and spot ups that he is comfortable to hold the ball longer than the average player to find that option or space.

Just means he is likely to cop more knocks and especially late.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In what way?

Logan played himself into the game, something that Amartey could not manage last week. Provided great pressure if not a target inside 50.

Logan also possesses great skills below the knees and hands for a big man. Something he has over both Amartey and McLean.

He isn't a good pack mark nor does he crash the pack for smalls to crumb. Logan is a hit up forward which we don't need in our forward line. We looked most potent when he wasn't in the forward line today. Logan has also gone missing during games on multiple occasions.

I agree that the % was not irrelevant but getting past Melbourne today was not particularly meaningful. A narrow win against the Pies will see our % drop and possibly both Melbourne and Brisbane overtake.
70-80 points was never that likely but 50+ was on the cards until we dropped those last 3 goals.

We have so much quality in our team, I legit reckon it wouldn't make a difference in a final if any one of our top 15 players had quiet games, we'd still perform the same way and our game plan would still be well executed. Just can't remember a time when we were so NOT reliant on any one individual to be a strong side.

He isn't a good pack mark nor does he crash the pack for smalls to crumb. Logan is a hit up forward which we don't need in our forward line. We looked most potent when he wasn't in the forward line today. Logan has also gone missing during games on multiple occasions.

i disagree ... he doesn't go missing, the play gets directed away from, usually to franklin or reid
he'll crash packs when he gets a bit bigger and more sure of his position
i think you're judging him very harshly

We have so much quality in our team, I legit reckon it wouldn't make a difference in a final if any one of our top 15 players had quiet games, we'd still perform the same way and our game plan would still be well executed. Just can't remember a time when we were so NOT reliant on any one individual to be a strong side.
2012? 2005?
i disagree ... he doesn't go missing, the play gets directed away from, usually to franklin or reid
he'll crash packs when he gets a bit bigger and more sure of his position
i think you're judging him very harshly
You could use that for anyone...I'm talking about the now. Right now we're in a premiership position & Amartey would be better suited in our side than Mcdonald right now. In the future Logan will be the better player but we need to pick guys who gives us the best shot at winning the comp right now. For me, with our current setup and role required for the 3rd tall that's Amartey.

There’s a difference between how we can improve and “player x was putrid”, “player y is overrated”, “player z goes missing”.

Whats wrong with saying player x put in a putrid performance? or player x goes missing.

Nothing spiteful or derogatory

You should hear what coaches have to say on their own players! in the box its much worse than what supporters say on here.

2012? 2005?
Possibly, though I think there was even less X-factor and raw talent in those teams than there is in this one, so we were more reliant on the few that did have such talents (JPK, Buddy, Goodes, Hall, Micky O.)

This group I just feel like we have damaging players all over the field that it's just so difficult to stop them all. One can have a quiet game and another two pop up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back