Autopsy Swans got the job done winning against roos

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Rampe and Tom McCartin get umpired a bit differently to other defenders some of those pushes on Larkey Umpires regularly let them go.

But yer McCartin really only second mare after Curnow kicked 6 on him.
Lackey got some nice ones today….McCartin was a bit stiff a couple of times

more signs today of just how good a footballer mcdonald is, and will be
the hands to hayward for the early goal were just the start ... he has a real footy brain too
his tackling and general pressure have improved from early in the season
only small sample sizes so far but i have no doubt he's a star
i rate amartey and mclean but mcdonald is in a different class
surely he stays in the team into the finals now
McDonald mobility around the ground fantastic to see, his give to Hayward was elite.

North have had a decent Month with some ups and downs after the coach left.

We kicked points that could have been an issue whilst they kicked straight just like the Bombers game. Otherwise we weren’t really troubled.

Hayward’s hands were great

Hickey looked as free as he’s been in ages. Goldstein is a decent opponent, Hickey did well.

Rowbottom is back to his best pressure footy.

But most of all today we secured a finals spot with two games left to play. Looking at the run home I wasn’t sure if we would scrape in and was believing the pretenders tag.

We are in it up to our eyeballs. Good times.

For him, yes. Remember he was best on field last time we played North.
Its why I feel an in form McInerney is massive for our final hopes.
He's practically in his second year. Sophomore slumps are real, and he's not performing that bad. Just not as well as anticipated given the expectations he has set from his own performances

You want to talk about rubbish games, how about a talk about Clarke...

We kicked points that could have been an issue whilst they kicked straight just like the Bombers game. Otherwise we weren’t really troubled.

Hickey looked as free as he’s been in ages. Goldstein is a decent opponent, Hickey did well.

But most of all today we secured a finals spot with two games left to play. Looking at the run home I wasn’t sure if we would scrape in and was believing the pretenders tag.

Dunno about the others but after the Essendon loss i gave up personally on a top 4 finished as i thought there was no way our consistency would be enough.

5 weeks on very impressed the way we have bounced back and put ourselves in a position to finish in the top 4.

What……that is not remotely connected to my post….if you look at our goalkicking record over the past two months, our inaccuracy will be something that will be our downfall in big games. Can’t see how that makes me grumpy?!?
Easy - I’m just responding to everyone who expects perfection every week. Just happened to be your post that I hooked on to. Frankly, I don’t know how to post without replying…

North had their strongest lineup in today for some time according to the North supporter I was sitting next to today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy - I’m just responding to everyone who expects perfection every week. Just happened to be your post that I hooked on to. Frankly, I don’t know how to post without replying…

Actually, you just post. It’s pretty easy., you don’t need to reply when you are expressing a random thought.

Almost 40 scoring shots should equate to a 60-70pt win left about 5% or so on the table.

6 goal win in the end so and so i guess.

Amartey is better for our structure and the role required in the forward line than Logan
In what way?

Logan played himself into the game, something that Amartey could not manage last week. Provided great pressure if not a target inside 50.

Logan also possesses great skills below the knees and hands for a big man. Something he has over both Amartey and McLean.

Im away with no internet or phone for a few days... I really want to say..

Cant wait wait to burst the Pies bubble! Swans by 5 goals (Reckon that'll stick it up the vic media)

I am looking forward to this weeks preview comic, the bar has been set

Amartey is better for our structure and the role required in the forward line than Logan
Big fan of Amartey.. reckon he could have a massive future.. But..
Is anyone else noticing hes kicking truckloads of goals (at both AFL & VFL level) in the 1st half, and then kind of goes missing?
He's giving me the impression that hes lacking the fitness to run out a game. Hopefully hes fit next pre-season and all season (I dont think thats happened yet in his career) and next year continues his impact into the latter stages of games

Big fan of Amartey.. reckon he could have a massive future.. But..
Is anyone else noticing hes kicking truckloads of goals (at both AFL & VFL level) in the 1st half, and then kind of goes missing?
He's giving me the impression that hes lacking the fitness to run out a game. Hopefully hes fit next pre-season and all season (I dont think thats happened yet in his career) and next year continues his impact into the latter stages of games

i rate both he and mclean, they're good footballers and i hope they stay with sydney ... but (i'll say it again) mcdonald is a different class, he has everything but the polish ... which will come
everything about him, the economy of movement and emotion, the quiet determination on his face ... he just wants to get on with being a part of this team

i rate both he and mclean, they're good footballers and i hope they stay with sydney ... but (i'll say it again) mcdonald is a different class, he has everything but the polish ... which will come
everything about him, the economy of movement and emotion, the quiet determination on his face ... he just wants to get on with being a part of this team
When Bud and Reid are done, who knows they may be the dynamic duo….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back