List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young still manages a fair chunk of our players I thought? Blacklisting him would only shoot us in the foot later should he represent a player we do want to trade in, or a new draftee who doesnt know better. As much of an asshat as he is
Half the WA boys are managed by him. It'd be virtually suicide for the club.

I don't think Tucker has any trade value at all tbh.
Oout of contract its a future 4th type thing like Colyer to get him to where he wants.

In contract, with Acres almost definitely leaving, it's gotta to make some sort of sense for us, 3rd round pick

Oout of contract its a future 4th type thing like Colyer to get him to where he wants.

In contract, with Acres almost definitely leaving, it's gotta to make some sort of sense for us, 3rd round pick

Tucker is sh**e on the wing. Keeping him makes no sense. He’s a salary cap dump who’s worth nothing. His contract doesn’t change that.

He’s not a cap dump if we are losing all those other players

Only reason I’d keep him is as inside mid depth as tbh it’s the only position he’s ever looked AFL standard.

I don’t think the depth argument is relevant because I don’t rate him as a player the last two years. I’d rather have his salary off the books even if we’ve got the space in the cap to keep him.

Hear me out on this.
JOM or D-Swallow.
With Mundy out, Tucker, Acers probably & Blakely/ Fyfes body a little doubtful for a full season, We are losing a lot of experienced mids, and especially with Mundy out leadership. I know Andy & Seb are very great young leaders but big games need experience. I think it would be invaluable to bring in a veteran midfielder with leadership qualities.
JOM especially is probably sick of being in losing sides maybe a chance to come home and have some success would be an easy pitch
I hear you. Now...

🤮

I wonder what Griffs pressers gonna be like joining north… “Yeh like love the boys, love the club, but Um yeh like, I know there’s success and all that building over there, but um yeh, just seen something really special brewing here at north. Like yeh I know it’s been tough going and we’re s**t and all, but the money, “cough” oops I mean the opportunity to play under Clarko was too good.
No way he can spin this and not sound like a dog!

Could talk about the opportunity to play as a KPD.

He’s going to have to…
Can’t see him doing much media work, how could he. Leaving your home state, were he’s almost like a cult figure and not accepting a decent offer, to go play for the worst side in the comp.
Any decent jorno will be aching to get the money chasing story out of the big hairy mercenary.

I wonder what Griffs pressers gonna be like joining north… “Yeh like love the boys, love the club, but Um yeh like, I know there’s success and all that building over there, but um yeh, just seen something really special brewing here at north. Like yeh I know it’s been tough going and we’re s**t and all, but the money, “cough” oops I mean the opportunity to play under Clarko was too good.
No way he can spin this and not sound like a dog!
If he's been offered a fair whack more by north I'd not hold it against him leaving. Reality is he isn't no1 in his preferred position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it cringeworthy when best 22 players leave because they're not being played in their desired position tbh. If they're in and out of the side and played out of position it's understandable, but moving to the other side of the country for what I imagine would be very similar money (especially taking into account the cost and hassle of relocating) because you want to punch balls away instead of mark them is such a lame mindset.

There’s 44 guys on a list though and when your competing, a more mature body can be a difference maker. I still don’t understand the issue signing up experienced players on minimum contracts. I’d argue multi-positional depth players are a pretty rare bread, especially on the contracts they are on.

Sometimes I find it hard to decipher what your laying down but am I right in understanding your not happy with the list management team at the moment? What’s your ideal off-season at this point
I think our list management are great. I'm a zillion miles from suggesting heads should roll.

My ideal off season involves minimal change to our best 22. I am all for holding Lobb. I am all for Jackson coming in but I think we need to be extremely cautious of the trade and contract price (I suspect this is already agreed in principle however). If we are not cautious he potentially becomes our biggest liability. Our first and Lobb OR Logue is around my top dollar trade. Two first rounders as well as chump change for the likes of Acres, Lobb or Logue would be a problem for me.

I find it difficult to get a grasp of what his actual reported 7 year contract may look like. I definitely don't want it to look like a million bucks+ a year because I think Darcy, Brayshaw and Serong are right now looking more valuable than he is. Fortunately Young has already extended.

My ideal off season involves fast tracking Amiss, Treacy, Sturt, Henry, Erasmus and Johnson to plausible best 22 contenders who are pushing the incumbents. That will make us better contenders from next season, especially if we get Fyfe right.

What I don't want to see is the rebuild extended by that group being gifted games because we failed to hold Acres, Logue, Tucker, Meek or Lobb. That may make us better in 2 or 3 seasons, if things go well. I think we can lose one or two of those guys especially if Jackson is coming. In fact we'll have to lose Lobb and possibly another to fund his salary.

He’s going to have to…
Can’t see him doing much media work, how could he. Leaving your home state, were he’s almost like a cult figure and not accepting a decent offer, to go play for the worst side in the comp.
Any decent jorno will be aching to get the money chasing story out of the big hairy mercenary.

Based on the treatment of Neale he'll be hated around here that's for sure!

I find it cringeworthy when best 22 players leave because they're not being played in their desired position tbh. If they're in and out of the side and played out of position it's understandable, but moving to the other side of the country for what I imagine would be very similar money (especially taking into account the cost and hassle of relocating) because you want to punch balls away instead of mark them is such a lame mindset.

Will he be a best 22 player next year?

This year has shown that our team plays better with the current back seven (Pearce, Cox, Ryan, Chapman, Young, Clark and Walker) than it does with him (given he doesn't produce the same rebound as other defenders, and Cox and Pearce are preferred as KPDs.)

On the current scuttlebutt I imagine the preferred group of talls will be Taberner, Amiss and Jackson.

Unless he can overtake a player as a KPF or KPD he has to move, and he's a much better defender than forward so to maximise his earnings and playtime he should be looking at teams with vacancies for KPDs.

Ryan is not the player he was 2 years ago, and I would prefer Sam Collins to Cox (If I was being brutally honest). But anyway, the question is, where do we find a good KPD to trade in if we lose Logue? Or do we fill that void internally?
Sam Collins is a very solid KPD. He has elevated game to a new level. I would have preferred if we kept him on as KPD depth cover but the delisting has been his marking. He is quite slow at times and rose tainted glasses or not had some horrible moments down at Peel but overall had a reasonable last season at Peel. Ross didn’t like him.

There would be zero chance he leaves Gold Coast. He is one of the first selected names on the defensive unit whiteboard. He has improved and the year he won B&F the ball was down his end a lot. Also a lot of goals have been scored against the collective GCS.

Collins is 29 next year only 1 year younger than Hamling. Cox is 4 years younger. Cox has come off AA squad. I would have Cox ahead of Collins by a decent margin.

Based on what I’ve seen more recently from Hamling, he stays. I was advocating a trade. If Logue resigns then he may need to consider a trade. If Logue goes we look at getting developing KPD. That Jed Adams fella that played for Peel looked a likely type and based on my limited knowledge of the draft order should be available around that late second to third round pick rage (34-42). There are others that look quite good in the first and second rounds.

As for Logue. I still hope he stays but if not late first to early second(17-22).

If Meek is to go it will need to be a good trade - second round pick. I like the idea of trading him for a KPF like Jake Riccardi.

I think if Logue is going, he's worth that PP by himself, Tucker is contracted and we are losing Acres. I'd not be throwing him in for free
I thought Essendon were team most interested in Tucker. He definitely won’t be tossed for free.

If Logue resigns I can see Hamling being thrown somewhere as a goodwill trade.

Geelong paying that much and Logue in the PSD. I'm going to have to bring you back from the brink with an awesome lasagne

Wait are you saying we are signing Kevin Lasagna?

3952-23103-original.jpeg

I don't believe this is the case. This piece below suggests Perth and Melbourne are pretty much the same (5% more)

Cost of living of australia cities:

Sydney
Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Canberra
Adelaide, Hobart, Darwin

Wouldn't pay much attention to that article. Manages to say Perth is 7% cheaper than Darwin.
Half a page down says Darwin is 7% cheaper than Perth. 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back