Autopsy If any of you are still alive we are into the Granny!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That won't ever happen again.
After the debacle of 2005 when Judd won it, they changed the voting so that the votes were awarded after the final siren with the understanding the NS must go to someone from the winning side.
Where is that written down? Because I kid you not every freaking final we have won this year the losing team have won best player.

SCG finals include
96 qualifying 6 points
96 prelim 1 point
98 qualifying 2 points
2005 semi 3 points
and now this

others in there of course

eg crows 2016
gws 2017

We won't win next week if we bomb it long. Geelong is strong in the air.
Sure, but we still need someone capable of clunking some marks, if nothing else than to keep them honest.
Honestly I think if Reid is not fit we are going to struggle unless McLlean or Amartey comes in and kicks 3. McD has been way under the level needed, and Buddy is unlikely to take as many marks as he did this week. He probably took more marks this week (7) than he has in ten years.

What we do need if kicking long is someone to get a fist to it. I fancy Amartey to do that, because McDonald has simply wilted when presented with that opportunity time and again during finals.

I wonder if Fox playing forward might be a plan...🤔 He is the guy most like Reid we have - speed off the mark and leap might trouble Geelong if we are lowering the eyes. COR could take his place down back and do a job defensively.
COR and Amartey in for McDonald and Reid (if injury rules him out obviously) might give us a look I would not mind at all.

Grant Thomas digging deep from the salt mines of 2005. We lost the free kick count 15-20. Clearly home crowd isn’t a massive influence.

View attachment 1512066
He looks like he is morphing into one of the 7 dwarfs.

PS Thommo it wasn't paid a mark, the free was for head high contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, but we still need someone capable of clunking some marks, if nothing else than to keep them honest.
Honestly I think if Reid is not fit we are going to struggle unless McLlean or Amartey comes in and kicks 3. McD has been way under the level needed, and Buddy is unlikely to take as many marks as he did this week. He probably took more marks this week (7) than he has in ten years.

What we do need if kicking long is someone to get a fist to it. I fancy Amartey to do that, because McDonald has simply wilted when presented with that opportunity time and again during finals.

I wonder if Fox playing forward might be a plan...🤔 He is the guy most like Reid we have - speed off the mark and leap might trouble Geelong if we are lowering the eyes. COR could take his place down back and do a job defensively.
COR and Amartey in for McDonald and Reid (if injury rules him out obviously) might give us a look I would not mind at all.
COR has retired.

Close prelims tend to be good games to prepare for the grandfinal,

Like it or not, we've had the best possible run in, 2 good breaks into an absolute belter,

Can't ask for more.
I'm thinking we'll be far better for that run. Playing such an intense game after 1 game in 27 days or whatever would be tough and makes sense they were tired.

I got thrown out by security and cops before half time for standing in a standing area and cheering. Got told to go back to my seat and said nah i'm fine here, had a go at the security guard then 4 cops swarmed me. Tried to film them I was getting kicked out then one of them grabbed my phone and put me in cuffs.

Watched the second half from outside with random rabbitohs fans, biggest load of bs I've ever had happen to me in my life. Two fines as well.

Oh well got the win and we're in the big dance
You were teasing Collingwood fans weren't you. Come on, just admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back