Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

What on earth was McCartin thinking? panic does weird things to you i suppose.

must be a ******* awful feeling when you feel like nothing is working

then the moment as a player they know it's lost but you have to keep playing

yuck

The first ten minutes of the first quarter were the only thing I judged the game on really. After that you really just want to see some effort and fight with the game already over.

Even at 32-6 i thought we would hopefully show traits that got us here in the first place slow the game down and try and control possession.

Like we did when Melbourne and Freo got the jump on us.

3rd i just remember mccartin looking like he had never played footy before

then i was contemplating running into traffic
Yep really bad start to the third quarter. We were 6 goals down at half time, if we got a couple of early goals we were still in with a slim chance to get back in the game at least. Was a disaster.

How does Gary Rohan end up with a p'ship medallion after being rated only better than Sam Reid?
I had nightmares beforehand that he’d somehow have a career best game and win it for the Cats. It’s no comfort but of course he was as hopeless as usual but, yep, at the end of the day the pr*ck has a premiership medal and most of our players don’t.

I don't think he makes team mates better but neither did dusty. Who put together the most influential 4 years by a mid ivee ever seen.

Warner's strengths are individual based by that I mean his strength, power and speed to break away.

He is destined for big things. There is no player in the league I would trade him for.
Once the geelong love fest quiets down he will get his plaudits.

Absolute superstar
He is a gun for sure, his natural power etc is just amazing. I just mean he may provide more value to the team by using those individual attributes to get the ball out to a good ball user running past than trying to do more if it himself more often.

This relies on his teammates running for him of course which may have been an issue yesterday !

Glad he is a Swan either way and over time his game is will continue to evolve.

must be a ******* awful feeling when you feel like nothing is working

then the moment as a player they know it's lost but you have to keep playing

yuck

Or as a supporter you just sat down in your seat for a 10-15mins talk to a few people around you about matchups and the game in general and NTTAWWT game is already gone.

:'(

Even at 32-6 i thought we would hopefully show traits that got us here in the first place slow the game down and try and control possession.

Oh nah, I knew for sure we were done. Not enough players looked even switched on enough to turn the tide while Geelong looked hungry as. They weren't gonna blow a lead like that in a grand final.

Robbie Fox was the lone star for us, which says it all really given he's a defender LOL

Maybe an overreaction

Buddy has been way better at home this year , at the scg he seems to be able to play closer to goal and stay involved (the ground is so small remember )

Other times he is stuck as a forward at home and he doesn't take marks and get involved

Had a strong year as a forward but his poor games look awful

Or as a supporter you just sat down in your seat for a 10-15mins talk to a few people around you about matchups and the game in general and NTTAWWT game is already gone.

:'(

as a fans there's some solace that there's all the rest of you in the same boat

plus we can technically leave ground/turn tv off

players cant

To be fair second quarter we only lost by 1. We did even the game up a bit. Then the third quarter was a disaster.

Days like yesterday make me hate how much I love this club and emotionally invested I am

Damn loveable bastards

such a huge investment in something we have 0 control over it

22 guys ( now all younger than me ) running after some inflated leather

bring on next year🤣 i'm ready to get hurt again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

such a huge investment in something we have 0 control over it

22 guys ( now all younger than me ) running after some inflated leather

bring on next year🤣 i'm ready to get hurt again
Lol yep sometimes I think it would be better that I wasn't as invested as I am. Think I care too much sometimes. But I think the hurt is worth it in the end. For all the hurt there is joy too. Can't wait for all the emotions again next year. Let's hope in the end there is only joy.

Mills only 3 of his possessions were contested. What a shocker. His worst return since r7 2021 (equal), also against Geelong.

Equal worst return since R12 2019.

Not going to win many games with performances like that from your captain.

Kudos to Dane Rampe for his gracious post-match speech. Some real class there.

Cats know only too well the feeling of Grand Final losses. You have a young talented outfit there. You'll be back.

Moments. Inspired by Caesar I suffered through the start of the third quarter. Papley out of midfield but slips leading to McCartin holding the ball and goal. Next bounce Parker out but slips leading to McCartin cross goal kick intercepted. Instead of being 4 goals down with momentum we’re 8 goals down with our main key back completely deflated. Don’t blame him for either. Both times he was trying to make the play. Footy can be a prick of a game sometimes.

Was just musing on Warner.

Just want to start off by saying that I love how he goes about it and the following is a bit of a thought bubble, not really a criticism, that could be clouded by disappointment and a rough nights sleep but I thought I’d put the thought bubble out there…

He is a brilliant individual player, that I don’t doubt, but does he make his teammates better and bring them into the game? We remember him for brilliant fend offs, stepping back out of the contest and those first few steps it’s almost like he Jedi mind tricks everyone into parting the seas for him and some brilliant goals.

I only say it because his game was a bit of an outlier statistically superior to his team mates but his actions don’t appear to have taken his team mates with him.

Not saying he won’t in the future… as I said just musings, generating some discussion.
Isn’t he top 10 in comp for goal assist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back