List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA Pt2: Electric Boogaloo

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah love Treacy. Think ny buddy's going to be a fantastic player for us and the enforcer who ensures that no one *s with Amiss.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is why Lobb leaving is a good thing long term.
Treacy needs to play 20 odd games next year in the AFL. He should be ready to really contribute strongly and consistently from then on

Would there have been any thinking in regards to selection, that as the team was going pretty well, it was a good opportunity to let Treacy, Sturt and Amiss develop some chemistry together at Peel?

I know they all had good and bad moments, however each probably could have played a bit more in the senior side.

Yep! It's a right bastard too sometimes. I got it right after coming home from 10 weeks at Singleton so was as fit as I've ever been and it took me out completely for 3 months. Couldn't get off the couch, didn't have the energy to change the channel on the remote. Lost about 15kgs and had to have a liver function test every second day. Rough. The fact that he's playing at all if he had anything close to that this year is amazing. Just have to hope he bounces back from it. Nasty s**t.
Bruh you got the worst case of it, I was in agony for a week or 2 but it cleared up. At least you are immune from it now 😂

if treacy kicks goals then who cares how tall he is. get a big gorilla to do the crashing packs stuff if we need to. applies to sturt and amiss as well.
for example melbourne use ben brown as the pack crashing forward. fritsch kicks all the goals

people also seem worried by the loss of acres but, i've had a think. i'm okay with him leaving.
hughes is athletic and i like the idea of his hard as nail approach in our midfield.
if he fails then my buddy worner, johnson and henry can get their chance.

Yeah love Treacy. Think ny buddy's going to be a fantastic player for us and the enforcer who ensures that no one *s with Amiss.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Am also a big fan of Treacy he did dominate a couple of WAFL games during the season looked great but was very disappointing against Claremont and Tim House thought he would towel him up or is House and AFL type defender maybe a club should try him.
Treacy really needs to stand up next year hopefully.

Am also a big fan of Treacy he did dominate a couple of WAFL games during the season looked great but was very disappointing against Claremont and Tim House thought he would towel him up or is House and AFL type defender maybe a club should try him.
Treacy really needs to stand up next year hopefully.
A good power forward takes about 5 years to fully develop. Hawks fans would have just about delisted Mitch Lewis when he was 20.
Harry Mackay did * all till his 4th season either. Even Tom Hawkins was ordinary enough in his first 4 years and it was actually the 2011 GF that he really announced himself, 5 YEARS after getting drafted in 06 in a blaze of hype as the premier key forward in that draft.
Patience.

A good power forward takes about 5 years to fully develop. Hawks fans would have just about delisted Mitch Lewis when he was 20.
Harry Mackay did * all till his 4th season either. Even Tom Hawkins was ordinary enough in his first 4 years and it was actually the 2011 GF that he really announced himself, 5 YEARS after getting drafted in 06 in a blaze of hype as the premier key forward in that draft.
Patience.

This is exactly why we need to hang onto Lobb and hope between him and Tabs we can piece together 30 games to lead the attack while Jye and Treacy develop.

This is exactly why we need to hang onto Lobb and hope between him and Tabs we can piece together 30 games to lead the attack while Jye and Treacy develop.
It’s a catch 22 - if Lobb stays then Treacy spends most of next season at Peel. That slows his development. He needs to be playing AFL footy.
Unless you believe that Lobb can lead us to a flag next year (I don’t) then it’s better to accelerate Treacys development.

It’s a catch 22 - if Lobb stays then Treacy spends most of next season at Peel. That slows his development. He needs to be playing AFL footy.
Unless you believe that Lobb can lead us to a flag next year (I don’t) then it’s better to accelerate Treacys development.
Treacy (and Amiss) development will be accelerated by having them play 2nd/3rd talls. Not throwing them in the deep end and making them play on the oppos best KPD because we traded Lobb and Taberner is always injured.

Patience.

Yep, and this also puts his season last year into context. 13.10 in a debut year often acting as a second target due to Tabs' injuries in our dysfunctional forward line is a brilliant effort all things considered. He had a rough time of it this year with patchy form in part due to injury/illness but he's tracking nicely and is hardly a concern.

Obviously comparisons between players/clubs are tricky and should be taken with a grain of salt but as a point of reference McKay kicked 21 in his third season on a list from a similar number of games.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying it's a favour, but if the club thinks the bloke is worth peanuts and didn't want to pay him then perhaps that's exactly what he's worth?

Just being realistic, because it's also why I think Freo should fight hard to get something big for Lobb.
We offered him a performance based contract which potentially more than the Blues offer.

Regardless what we offered, we should try to get as much as possible for Acres.

A middle to late third round pick is useless and Acres is not worthless.

We offered him a performance based contract which potentially more than the Blues offer.

Regardless what we offered, we should try to get as much as possible for Acres.

A middle to late third round pick is useless and Acres is not worthless.

So many ways to view it. In the short term, I’m - just pay him that money.

The longer term needs to be considered. It’s only a measly $1m over 3 years, but pick ~45 is going to cost us what? $300k over that same time.

That’s $700k spread over 3 years.

So the question then becomes - Are we willing to give up $700k of our cap for Acres if it means there’s a 10% chance some dangles big offers in front of Serong or whoever and makes them think PLUS what if there’s someone we’re targeting in 2023?

The question then becomes - Was keeping Acres worth that? And I’m only talking a 10% chance of losing one of our young guns.

Once you answer that, you can sleep better because Acres suddenly doesn’t become worth that.

Treacy (and Amiss) development will be accelerated by having them play 2nd/3rd talls. Not throwing them in the deep end and making them play on the oppos best KPD because we traded Lobb and Taberner is always injured.

We would need to commit to playing less small forwards to accommodate.

Playing Walters, Schultz, Switta and Frederick doesn’t work. Each individually are great, but as a collective, adding 3 of Lobb, Taberner, Banfield, Fyfe, Logue as we did this year, was fruitless.

It should be 3 smalls plus 3 talls (one tweener) and a ruck / forward.

Personally:

Switta Amiss Frederick
Schultz/Walters Taberner Treacy

Bench: Jackson

I never realised Josh Jenkins suffered that many concussions as a player. Or was he just born thick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back