List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion - 2022 Off Season Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contract status of all players now fully updated

Last edited:
Exactly, this isn't one of those situations where everyone involved in the deal should feel slightly unhappy for it to be fair. If we're trading pick 2 it should only be because it's a ******* great deal for us. Just pick 8 & 12 does not do anything for me, and that's without bringing Rioli into the situation at all.
And we'd better not ******* reach for Ginbey at pick 8.
Ginbeys been a solid riser, on some of the draft boards I’ve seen he’s in the 10 but yeah, we need something else pretty tasty to get us onboard you’d hope before we agreed to anything

I’ve often thought of all the players that have been in the past I’d pick Stephen and Maurice Rioli first.
People marvelling about Goodes and Fyfe would have there heads expoodle when Michael ran out and was a mix of the two, but harder
I hate south freo with a passion, always have but watching them two was the first time in my childhood i learned to just marvel at a player who wasnt east perth and actually enjoy it for the sheer awesome because it was footy.

That grand final against swannies was just gold and being at soo’s where Michael tore the dirty viccos a new scomo - then told them to stick their offers up their arse when all we were by then was a feeder comp for the Victorian premiership ponzi scheme …. As if you dont love the guy enough…..

There’s a lot of detail missing from this trade.

Most importantly for us is what comes with 8 and 12. Could be anything from pick 33 to ports future 1st so there’s no point melting or blowing a load until we know what it is

What should be noted that our steadfast refusal to deal for 8 and Ports F1 has brought GWS into the frame. Given that 8 and 12 is no better than that there should be some optimism that we do better than 33 as the add on

Let’s wait and see what the actual proposed trade is in full before casting judgement

Recruiters suspected for days that the Giants, who have selections three, 12, 15, 18 and 19, would make a move for pick one and there is genuine traction towards that.

There would be a series of pick swaps this year and next but the crux of the deal being discussed would see Horne-Francis and Rioli head to the Power, GWS score pick one, the Roos get selections two and three, and West Coast eight and 12.

The Eagles were previously adamant they would not consider a similar deal that would have seen them receive Port Adelaide’s pick eight and a future first-round pick for No.2 and Rioli.

They would need to come out a winner with later pick swaps to agree to anything, as would North Melbourne, given Horne-Francis is contracted and only one season into his AFL career

I mean, I don't how many times it has to be said, but everyone melting already just re-read this bit. We didn't hold up the 3 way trade just to cop unders now

A lot of comments about the proposed trades saying "I could live with that" or "that's fair enough".

Pick 2 and Rioli for 8, 12 and Ports first rounder for next year is ordinary IMO.

I reckon we should just tell the clubs unless they offer something exceptional, don't waste our time.

That is pretty big win imo

8&12 for 2 is pretty even, depending on who we were targeting.

Then absolute worst case it's 18 for Rioli which is already a win. If Port bottle it next year it could be a top 10 pick for Junior.

I don't see how that's a bad trade (if something like that eventuates)

After the highs of rhinos tweet to today's renewed rumours, I've decided to get back on the melt train.

Day Valentine GIF

BOND 007 WTF are we doing? Why are we apparently focusing on WA talent over best available despite an excellent retention record?
[/QUOTE]

Nisbett Simmo and O'Brien, They all just signed away there jobs with this trade if it goes through. Our supporter base is going to be ruthless on them in 2023. It's a good test to see how dumb they really are if this trade goes ahead.

It's basically giving pick 2 for one of pick 8 or 12 because chances are one of those later picks will not make it. Ridiculous. While pick 2 has a high chance of being a next generation talent.

If Cadman and Sheezel are firming for pick 2 and 3 we should do a trade with Bombers.

Give 2, 40 and future third
For 4 22 and future second

Pick 22 in addition to our 20 and 26 would be great positioning for day 2.

And we get Warlord at 4.

Win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ****ing good by the journos by the way.

Basically, the boss has just sent an email to you at 4:59pm on a Friday - ‘Can we meet 9am Monday’.

Now we’ve got all weekend to sit and stew, with no progress being made for days, and just ponder all the outcomes.

Content machine never sleeps, baby.

Eagles give: Pick 2, Rioli, pick 26
Eagles gain: Pick 8, Pick 12, Future 1st (Port)

North give: JHF, pick 1, future 2nd
North gain: pick 2, pick 3, pick 15, pick 26

GWS give: pick 3, pick 12, pick 15
GWS gain: pick 1, pick 33, future 2nd (NM)

Port give: pick 8, pick 33, future first
Port gain: JHF, Rioli

Something like that?
using suma's market value points chart again and assuming some values
(JHF = pick 2, rioli = 25, Ports F1 = 12, Nth F2 = 19)

eagles out: 3327
eagles in: 3248

norf out: 6067
norf in: 5759

gws out: 3877
gws in: 3949

port out: 2570
port in: 2885

port huge winners here do not want. we should be the biggest winners since this is all only going to happen because of our goodwill. north would want a lot more as well i'd assume.

it's getting closer though

Then absolute worst case it's 18 for Rioli which is already a win. If Port bottle it next year it could be a top 10 pick for Junior.

I'm not huge on 8 and 12 for 2 TBH.

I want something exceptional.
That's not it.

A lot of comments about the proposed trades saying "I could live with that" or "that's fair enough".

Pick 2 and Rioli for 8, 12 and Ports first rounder for next year is ordinary IMO.

I reckon we should just tell the clubs unless they offer something exceptional, don't waste our time.
Its probably the best we could get ...id take it tbh.

It says that north get ports future 1st not us .

Soooooo many pages. Apart from replying to Obeanie1 I haven't read a thing. Are you actually getting 8, 12 & Ports F1?

I mean, it's ok, but still feels unders.
There’s no clarity on what else we’d be getting. All that’s discussed at the moment is 2 and Rioli for 8 and 12, with unspecified “they’d need more” comments from journos.

Our board (and the earlier trade chat in the week) is the only source of the F1 discussion.

2 for 8 and 12 is ok. Rioli for F1 is good. I think general pulse is most Eagles fans would take it but also plenty of sentiment to just wait until draft night and see who gets itchy to jump ahead for Cadman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back