List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
It would be so good if Ralph is correct. The tin rattlers dont want McKay and havent even offered him a deal. They are now posturing saying they would match an offer if it only got them start of second round compo but would be delicious if the Bombers called their bluff and they are backed into doing it - and have to pay McKay some over inflated salary until he retires.

Maybe a way to manipulate a front loaded contract that decreases to secure the Tier 1 status

Aligns with what I have heard.

Essendon do not want to walk their pick 8 backwards with B.McKay compensation.

Unless the AFL fudge things behind the scenes, I expect the compensation to be Band 2 - which would be pick 19 prior to bidding.

Would NM's "end of round 1 priority pick" go before or after NM's "end of round 1" FA compo pick?

😜

Dunno why north would look to trade up given they have a plethora of gifts already assuming they get pick 3 for McKay
2. Mckercher
3. Watson
8. Trade two end of first round priority picks Sullivan/ Murphy
14. Wilson
19. Reid

Sets them up nicely with a good balance of players

Dunno why north would look to trade up given they have a plethora of gifts already assuming they get pick 3 for McKay
2. Mckercher
3. Watson
8. Trade two end of first round priority picks Sullivan/ Murphy
14. Wilson
19. Reid

Sets them up nicely with a good balance of players
It says how much the rate Harley doesn't it. Like nearly every club.

Tell us everything really.

Would NM's "end of round 1 priority pick" go before or after NM's "end of round 1" FA compo pick?

That's actually a fair question, as there is very little out there to clarify which takes precedence.

And that will need to be provided soon if North decide to trade up as expected.

Presumably, as the priority pick has already been issued, it will come before any compensation pick.

But who knows, they seem to be making this up as they go now to be honest.

It says how much the rate Harley doesn't it. Like nearly every club.

Tell us everything really.
It’s a bit of a shrodingers cat situation for north they don’t need a game breaker they need small foward, KPD, outside mids, KPF. They loose a lot to trade up for one player. Alternatively I’d assume we would get either pick 2,3 2,5 or 2 and about 8 if we traded away pick one even best case scenario mckercher and Curtin/ Duursma/ Sanders. Fck that give me Harley any day of the week we are 2/3 years of list building before we start filling out a team imo plenty of time to fill positions go for bpa and fill roles as they become available as long as we don’t have any blunders at the top end of the draft like north with MacDonald we are laughing

That's actually a fair question, as there is very little out there to clarify which takes precedence.

And that will need to be provided soon if North decide to trade up as expected.

Presumably, as the priority pick has already been issued, it will come before any compensation pick.

But who knows, they seem to be making this up as they go now to be honest.

If they have both of them it doesn't really matter - they just become pick numbers they own as long as it is before they become tradeable.

But... if someone else got an "end of round 1 pick", I assume they are ordered on ladder position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"West Coast openly talking about preferring WA players"

Damo so incredibly full of s**t. Just absolutely made up with zero evidence and plenty of examples of the Eagles not doing this.
Its true to an extent that we do prefer WA players but ONLY if they see the players equal in quality. Reid has no equal.

Phil Davis actually showing he’s got half a clue in our KP list analysis. Very refreshing but shows he’s only very recently out of the game.

Phil Davis' analysis of KPP's should be. "If I can have a career then anyone can"

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

North would know that the offer is just short too, you’d expect.

Essendon will look to get a first rounder for Zerk Thatcher, and then on-trade that to North instead, you’d think.

It would also 100% explain Clarkos sob story about the years of work they’ve put into developing McKay only to lose him now, never mind he hasn’t really been encouraged to stay, either.

I don’t think the AFL will be able to apply as much secret sauce this time either given how public the clubs were about the compensation package they just got offered.

Barrett is an old fashioned nob head.

3 things I hate about him

1. He claims to never want the coaches sacked yet he is the first in a coach not being able to stay in his job when there is a run of losses
2. The way he randomly stresses an occasional word in his sentence - eg unbelieving for you and me. UnbelieeeeeVABLE to Barret
3. You say prevaricates - more like stumbles and falls over himself when he is on shaky ground, ie most times.

Question I would love to ask him is "Do you feel good about your farts, dicks and titts jokes when you were with Brayshaw, Lyon and Newman"?

Actually surprised that the stories of the Channel 9 Footy show snorting and hookers parties have not come to light of day.
Surely even a hooker wouldn't go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back