Review Winners and Losers of the Trade Period 2022

Who won trade week 2022? (up to 3 selections)

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 116 21.9%
  • Richmond

Votes: 173 32.6%
  • Geelong

Votes: 348 65.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 58 10.9%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 165 31.1%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Essendon

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Freo

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • West Coast

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 36 6.8%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 19 3.6%
  • North Melb

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • Stkilda

Votes: 8 1.5%
  • Sydney

Votes: 5 0.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s some solid sarcasm there or maybe you’re just as discombobulated as your supporters on the Dunkley trade thread.

Dogs are massive losers this trade period.

Your club overpaid for an out of contract player. I know it's a tough pill to swallow but I'll let you in on a little secret: we would have accepted a future second for him if that's what it came down to. I think your list manager got spooked by the PSD bluff.

Winners - mostly the top 8 clubs.

Geelong no doubt. Bruhn, Henry and Bowes come into their extended squad for 23 while they have another tilt.

Richmond did well. Taranto and Hopper in the middle means Dusty and Bolton can free wheel off half forward.

Brisbane massive winners. Dunkley in gives Neale a chop out. Gunston an upgrade on McStay. They get their father sons as well.

Bulldogs - get Lobb and Jones but lose a couple of runners. They had a glut of mids so a good balance out.

Port - Got JHF. Need to iron out his edges but the potential on him is top notch. Like the Rioli trade as well but they need a defensive forward to cover his lack of run up the ground.

Good…

Carlton did good business getting Acres for cheap.

Sydney- did not do much but wouldn’t be surprised to see them turn Francis into a quality player like they tend to do with discards.

Fremantle, Collingwood and Melbourne had some good ins and good outs- probably a net zero impact. The pies getting Mitchell late probably gives them more than the other two.

Essendon played around the fringes. Setterfield and Weideman should play games for them but hardly world beaters. Didn’t give up their draft hand.

Norths trade period was a disaster. Not sure how anyone can justify starting with JHF and Pick 1 and turning that into pick 2, 3 and a future pick 10-14 and think that’s good trading.
They seem destined to ignore talented talls in the draft.

Hawks losing Omeara, Mitchell, Gunston for not much probably sees them as spoon favourites.
Probably the right call, but a year too late. And puts a full stop on Clarkos failed rebuild after 2015.

Maybe look at the trade period as a whole:

In - picks 2, 3, 40, 43, Future pick 8, Logue and Tucker..

Out - 1 & JHF

Not sure how this is a disaster? We got a key back we needed desperately, going to pick up 2 of the best 4 under 18s in a month and we have 2 first rounders in the stacked 2023 draft.

Winners

Geelong - clearly the winners

Port - gave up not a whole lot for JHF and Rioli

Brisbane - Dunkley and Gunston in and points for F/S Academy

Richmond - 2 gun young mids come in and all of a sudden they are back in the hunt.

Pies - Henry is the big loss have improved our depth and best 22 while keeping our 1st and 2 picks in the top 30

Improved

Freo - OMeara helps midfield and Jackson obviously a gun think Lobb, Acres, Logue and Meek might hurt a little.

Dogs - Lobb and Jones comes in to help out both ends.

Losers

Gold Coast - what a pathetic club they are I'm sorry and it's s**t but that was a mess.

Hawks - didn't really get much for the players going out did well to get Coop, Meek and Amon but it's going be grim for couple years atleast.

Nth - losers the 1st pick then did pick swaps and handed GWS best forward in the draft.

Time will tell

Melbourne - on paper it looks good let's see how Grundy Hunter play out low risk, big reward.

West Coast - not big on the pick swaps won't know until it plays out.

Maybe look at the trade period as a whole:

In - picks 2, 3, 40, 43, Future pick 8, Logue and Tucker..

Out - 1 & JHF

Not sure how this is a disaster? We got a key back we needed desperately, going to pick up 2 of the best 4 under 18s in a month and we have 2 first rounders in the stacked 2023 draft.
Yep.

Got Logue and Tucker with Monopoly money pick handouts. Logue will be solid down back. Tucker will get games with little competition.
But Freo got good currency for them in totality.

Two pick ones that downgraded to 2, 3 and a pick 10-14 next year. With a couple of token throwaway picks in the 40s to appease the masses.

Hardly the kings ransom for the most coveted prizes. Letting the best tall go in another draft is an interesting list management decision.

I’m going against the grain with North. Think they did quite well all things considered.

- JHF leaving is a blessing in disguise. I couldn’t be any less impressed with his performance on and off the field.

- Losing pick 1 is a non-event. Clearly they have no interest in Cadman and therefore still have the full draft pool available to them with picks 2 and 3.

- Griffin Logue is a good pick up assuming they plan on playing him back (not a fan as a forward).

- Gain Port’s future first which I think will be a top 10 pick in a stacked draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going against the grain with North. Think they did quite well all things considered.

- JHF leaving is a blessing in disguise. I couldn’t be any less impressed with his performance on and off the field.

- Losing pick 1 is a non-event. Clearly they have no interest in Cadman and therefore still have the full draft pool available to them with picks 2 and 3.

- Griffin Logue is a good pick up assuming they plan on playing him back (not a fan as a forward).

- Gain Port’s future first which I think will be a top 10 pick in a stacked draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’ll take the 2 Oakleigh boys at 2/3 now. I dare say that was the plan. Already got Phillips.
3 Oakleigh boys in the middle of the ground for the next 12 years.

I don't think hawthorn lost. They have been needing to tank for many moons.

A year or a few too late but gotta start somewhere

Even if we lost we do not belong on the same line as Gold Coast.

Once again they were staggeringly poor. How they manage to outdo themselves every year is beyond me.

Thing is, what will they do to heck up next year ??

Collingwood and Dogs filled the gaps in their lists with tall forwards and backs, though Collingwood played better without the talls this year
Geelong have picked up some young players but I am not sure that any of them will be a star.
Really have no idea what Melbourne where thinking (if Gawn doesn't work out at full forward maybe Schache might suddenly learn lol)
Brisbane and Richmond added grunt and class and would be my early pick for Grand Finalists
Fremantle are believing in Unicorns to deliver their first premiership haha

Dogs the big winners again.

Stole Freo's best forward, who is still under contract, for two rubbish picks.

Sold our fifth best midfielder, uncontracted, for what equates to two first rounders.

Absolutely discombobulated Brisbane and Freo. They'll wake up tomorrow feeling like idiots.

We got Dunkley, Gunston and enough draft picks to match bids for the best kid in the land and another first-round talent. I wouldn't say you had us discombobulated, however I'm glad both teams were able to come to table, make a reasonable compromise and achieve a win-win.

Also, I got a new profile picture amongst all the trade week madness. Let me know when you whip up the next one of Dunkley in his new Lions colours champion 👍

Back