Society/Culture Elon Musk - Takeover of Twitter?

Remove this Banner Ad

You are just as bad as those on the right in terms of free speech. You want it regulated and banned.

You may have plenty of other different views, but in the area of free speech you are aligned.
Lolwut?

You don't know my views on freedom of speech, Hairy. I've not shared them with you. If you want to slander me, I can think of half a dozen areas in which we've interacted that you could make the attempt based on some actual evidence, but freedom of speech isn't one of them.

The other side of this is, your post does not address mine in any way. My post stated that the differences between the extreme right and left have next to nothing to do with speech. Your reply restated your argument and had a crack at me to go with it.

You're welcome to have another go, but if you keep swinging like this you're going to tire yourself out.

Lolwut?

You don't know my views on freedom of speech, Hairy. I've not shared them with you. If you want to slander me, I can think of half a dozen areas in which we've interacted that you could make the attempt based on some actual evidence, but freedom of speech isn't one of them.

The other side of this is, your post does not address mine in any way. My post stated that the differences between the extreme right and left have next to nothing to do with speech. Your reply restated your argument and had a crack at me to go with it.

You're welcome to have another go, but if you keep swinging like this you're going to tire yourself out.
Love the first part is freedom of speech and the latter part demonstrating not free of consequence.

If we had a spirit of public mindedness rather than a monetisation ethic, we’d set up a publicly owned social media platform, akin to the formation of the ABC. Keep the billionaires and corporates out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Only if people have to verify their identity, use their real names, and they keep bots out. I strongly support free speech in the real world but not cowards who want to say vile shit online under the cover of anonymity.

Unedited videos from a POTUS's son's laptop? Factually correct crime statistics? Side effects from big pharmas latest monthly-subscription service vaccine?

Yeah there's a lot of hate-facts out there that we'd best not let the peasants have access to.

Yeah... the problem is that you're demanding things that aren't actual facts.

The 'facts' your demanding are the oft misrepresented ones used to push the same tired old narrative you push on here.

This is all very easily worked out by your 'Hunter Biden Laptop' and 'BigPharma' references even without knowing what your posting previously has looked like.

So no, you don't want facts. You want 'facts'.

Mastodon is a good alternative, some celebrities have started to show up there. . It reminds me a bit of old school internet.

If we had a spirit of public mindedness rather than a monetisation ethic, we’d set up a publicly owned social media platform, akin to the formation of the ABC. Keep the billionaires and corporates out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's Mastodon

The 'facts' your demanding are the oft misrepresented ones used to push the same tired old narrative you push on here.

This is all very easily worked out by your 'Hunter Biden Laptop' and 'BigPharma' references even without knowing what your posting previously has looked like.

So no, you don't want facts. You want 'facts'.
Can you offer up one of these "facts" that is not actually a fact, and hence warrants censorship?

The laptop was "Russian disinfo", even though our own eyes and ears showed the videos to be legit. Months after the election it was quietly admitted as such. Y'all were willingly gaslit by the media and aren't even mad about it lmao. Thoughts and prayers that the censored echo chamber you guys depend on may no longer be a thing.

"But Hunter wasn't running for office so his family's pay-to-play scheme is irrelevant, why would voters need to know this!?"

Can you offer up one of these "facts" that is not actually a fact, and hence warrants censorship?

The laptop was "Russian disinfo", even though our own eyes and ears showed the videos to be legit. Months after the election it was quietly admitted as such. Y'all were willingly gaslit by the media and aren't even mad about it lmao. Thoughts and prayers that the censored echo chamber you guys depend on may no longer be a thing.

"But Hunter wasn't running for office so his family's pay-to-play scheme is irrelevant, why would voters need to know this!?"

Release the Kraken!

I’m aware re the Hunter Biden laptop story, but there is still no proof that it links in anyway to Joe.

Should of the whole thing been buried? No, but there was enough disinformation going around as it was.

Even if it were somehow proven, if this was Trump I doubt it would even make his top 1000 scandals/issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m aware re the Hunter Biden laptop story, but there is still no proof that it links in anyway to Joe.

Should of the whole thing been buried? No, but there was enough disinformation going around as it was.

Even if it were somehow proven, if this was Trump I doubt it would even make his top 1000 scandals/issues.
It doesn't necessarily say anything about Joe, but the facts were censored with the justification that they were not facts. The hypocrisy is like with wikileaks m8, everyone loves free speech until it hurts their "side". Then it's all whataboutism, Russian conspiracies, and heads buried in sand, clear as mud?

Why do you deserve to look at someone's private videos?
I don't, but it's not up to tech companies to selectively decide to censor information just before an election and justify it by claiming that the videos are fake. Stories like famous people's kids compulsively filming themselves committing drug/sex acts tend to make the news, rightly or wrongly. Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian built careers off of similar, it's the American dream!

It doesn't necessarily say anything about Joe, but the facts were censored with the justification that they were not facts. The hypocrisy is like with wikileaks m8, everyone loves free speech until it hurts their "side". Then it's all whataboutism, Russian conspiracies, and heads buried in sand, clear as mud?

Can you explain how it hurt your side?

Meh - the hunter Biden laptop is a GOP maguffin (or magauffin). It serves their purpose to not expose it but build a narrative around it.
It is one of the infinity stones I believe. Along with "The Server".

Meh - the hunter Biden laptop is a GOP maguffin (or magauffin). It serves their purpose to not expose it but build a narrative around it.

Exactly this. The 'laptop' is far more persuasive as a catch-all for any and every imagined conspiracy theory the RWNJ's want it to be.

Actually knowing what was on it would thoroughly disappoint them, and IMO they simply wouldn't believe it was true even if every single kb of data from the hard-drive was dumped online as it wouldn't support all the things they imagine to be on there.

Exactly this. The 'laptop' is far more persuasive as a catch-all for any and every imagined conspiracy theory the RWNJ's want it to be.

Actually knowing what was on it would thoroughly disappoint them, and IMO they simply wouldn't believe it was true even if every single kb of data from the hard-drive was dumped online as it wouldn't support all the things they imagine to be on there.
The laptops been extensively analysed.
From Wiki -

The analysis found that people other than Biden had written files and folders to the drive before and after the original report by the New York Post, but only after it had been taken into FBI custody. It also found that data had been accessed and copied off the drive by people other than Biden over nearly three years.[6] Despite extensive scrutiny of the laptop contents by multiple parties, by September 2022 no clear evidence of criminal activity by the Bidens had surfaced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back