Autopsy Match Simulation, 2023: St.Kilda v Melbourne

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Demons

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Clark is a genuine mid at AFL level.

But he should be a great HBF.

Sinclair gives me Rory Laird Vibes.

And I liked what Stocker offered on Friday.

Plus Coffield is back + NAS is now at Half back.

You can’t accomodate them all. Put putting Sinclair onball could ensure we bring his talents where we need and lack most.

On TV Stocker looked poo hopefully just teething issues. Sinclair looked like he lined up off the back of the square a bit on Friday, looked alright but I'd love him around the true midfield spots. It's a shame we can't clone him. He's our best player by a margin now.

I am holding off judgement on HC. Want to see him have a fair run at it, injury free, confidence back up then see what he is about. We know he's good and that's part of the frustration but the couple of injuries he's had over the last couple seasons would be enough to mess up my head. Patience is the key... I hope.

I am holding off judgement on HC. Want to see him have a fair run at it, injury free, confidence back up then see what he is about. We know he's good and that's part of the frustration but the couple of injuries he's had over the last couple seasons would be enough to mess up my head. Patience is the key... I hope.

I'm certainly not giving up on him. Although my daughters deadbeat boyfriend looks like his spitting image so he gets marked down just for his similarity.

If we brought in TDK and then Heath or Keeler overtook him, then you would just trade one of them and use that pick we to fix whatever deficiency we had.

What we shouldn't do is not try to make our ruck/key forward stocks better because 2 players who haven't played a game (has Keeler even done more than a week of training sessions?) might develop into good players eventually.
Why is De Koning even being mentioned?
Has there been my sort of interest? Are we chasing him and/or why would we think he’s gettable? Unhappy where he is?
Or is it just a wish list?

De Koning means “ the king” in Afrikaans and Dutch…
would be pretty cool to have a king at each end!

Has there been my sort of interest? Are we chasing him and/or why would we think he’s gettable? Unhappy where he is?

Grew up a Saints fan like the other one too.

Well typed dopey. Real keyboard warrior style.... the facts are we’ve 1 premiership in almost 150 years, so whatever moves around coaches or management that we make will be ridiculed. Rather than chime in with a low IQ analysis why don’t you sit back and actually see what happens this year?
LOL and he is the keyboard warrior

Didn't see him get personal in his post and resort to cheap name calling only put up his opinion

His post was pretty much on the money, but it didn't blow wind up the clubs butt

As o said it’s nearly impossible for him at Carlton as the third tall. That wouldn’t be an issue. Of course they would want a first pick and more. Going to the draft and getting an unproven 18 year at around pick 8 or a 22 year old that probably plays for 10 years. To me it’s a no brainer. Trade not draft in that case. Anyway it’s as likely to happen as jevinta Franklin divorcing buddy for a 61 year old in east Bentleigh still paying off his house.
I disagree, TDK cant use playing with McKay & Curnow as an excuse for not scoring. They are dominant, but if he was at their level his team mates would look for him as much as others. Richmonds ruckman played with Reiwoldt & Lynch yet found ways to score. The top 15 draft picks are sorted and almost a 100% hits these days, so to suggest they are unproven kids is misleading. If we look at last years draft most of the kids in the top 40 should play solid AFL footy. What if Heath or Keeler jump out and play games this year? To suggest trading in TDK as a no brainer given the above is a bit of an over statement IMO, particular given we still need elite midfielders.

Yes we are keen on him
our 1st option is McKay have the hots for him and have been into him for 2 years

think its more a case that Carlton sc is tight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh the irony
LOL
Bit like last year when we criticise Ratts and got told to STFU that Ratts was fine because the 1st half of the year and he was the best option for us.
Ratts gets sacked same people The club made the right decision. Hilarious

I thought Membrey was getting back before rd 1? King is the only one that looks irreplaceable to me. Ryder was probably still killing it then too. Funny enough, I think Jones is probably a huge loss too. Against the Cats those frenetic types can trouble them.

I thought the Cats looked slow that last time we beat them, and i put that down to DMac and Jones added to our team.

Lethlean is still there because he's a prime mover. He's brought in more energy that anyone else in admin and his elite contact book, that said he's made a heap of missteps and bad calls as well as a good and indifferent ones. I prefer him away from the footy department where he can do less list management stuff because in the right role he may end up being the best we've had.
Lethlean is hanging on by the skin of his teeth imo
I wonder if Walsh didn't leave if SL would still be there, he had absolutely nothing to do with the sackings and then the hiring of Lyon
Remember SL was the one that wanted Rath and Gags to be head of the footy department

Lethlean is hanging on by the skin of his teeth imo
I wonder if Walsh didn't leave if SL would still be there, he had absolutely nothing to do with the sackings and then the hiring of Lyon
Remember SL was the one that wanted Rath and Gags to be head of the footy department
It's all chips in for Bassett and Lethlean on this latest restructure.

I don’t think Clark is a genuine mid at AFL level.

But he should be a great HBF.

Sinclair gives me Rory Laird Vibes.

And I liked what Stocker offered on Friday.

Plus Coffield is back + NAS is now at Half back.

You can’t accomodate them all. Put putting Sinclair onball could ensure we bring his talents where we need and lack most.
The worry for Clark weather it’s mid or hbf is his defensive running smart players will just run off him

Bit disappointed with Higgins and Butler yesterday, just didn't look switched on for two guys who like a goal or two. We need the small forwards up and about with our lack of tall options right now.

Not so small , but i think its the position to give Pou early games.

The worst part is we were going to find out if billings could go to another level or he is just an average player. The setback makes it hard for him for the rest of the season.

There was a lot of talk end of last year, that he wasn't best 22.
Now that he's injured he's clearly one of our best.

came in late then in his first year had to decide if we should sack Richo or not. He decided not too and instead put more support around him. He poached Ratten from Hawthorn to help Richo. Didnt seem too happy with trout. Started to get very active in the trade market. We were linked to Lycett, Hanners and another player i cannot remember. We brought in Hanners on big coin. By coincidence Hanners had a connection to Lethers. Hanners had struggled with soft tissue injury and form at sydney and was seen to be "gettable". Around the same time Gubby is brought to the club. Caro has a crack at the boys club at St Kilda... from some old uni blues club or some college (forget the name, where they all circle from), hanners dad included. She names the group of em sitting on some random hill at the footy, says it's bit worrying.

Then next season decides we've had enough of richo and sacks him for Ratten. We under went a "process" led by Rath who was at AFL HQ at that point. Rath is then appointed head of footy. We lose some assistant coaches, but we roll with lade as 2IC. Lose kingsley to Richmond.

We sack Trout and go to "market". We replace Trout with an untried banker from SA who by coincidence was also mates with Lethers, 2nd time this happened.

Under gags we go under a list approach of trading in ready made players rather than hitting the draft. decided to pay up big for an outside player despite there being issues with inside attacking mids. bring in Jones... Butler... trade a first for combo of Howard and Ryder. Has a disasterous members Q&A session where they boldly state fitness is not an issue, Rath even claims to have the data to support that argument. later on they state fitness was an issue at the end of the season, replaces head of fitness.

Back ratten in. Wheels fall off. Give him an extension anyways mid year for 2 years... Finnis went on radio explaining they didnt want the super coach in clarko and saw the team of ratten to be collectively better. only to sack him less than 3 months later. Replace him with Ross Lyon whos been out of the game for years and hadn't made finals since 2015, almost a decade ago. Replace Gags with Gubby and SOS, also a mate of Lyon. bring in Misson mate of Lyons to be above the new head of fitness. Bring in Walsh as new head of footy, leaves literally weeks later. Bring Hayes out of retirement to be a midfield senior assistant. Brings in harvey from pies/carlton. Brings in untried goddard. now Ross Lyon's boss is a bloke who he brought to the club... like how is there ever going to be any accountability with that dynamic.

like seriously its an absolute cluster *. its directionless. stinks of playing super coach with an AFL side and now that it hasn't worked, they're falling back to nostalgia because according to Caro the president was sold the idea by Eddie McGuire on a Yacht with a bunch of past players and ex presidents.

its rank. it stinks.

I'm sick of the untried Goddard narrative.
He replaced an untried former player from North in a minor development role FFS. A suitable position for someone starting off in coaching.

I believe the proper term for that is a Larger.
Larger yeast beer is brewed at 4°C

Its not the brewing temperature they promote as unique, its the fact that it isn't heated to 80 degrees after packaging.
The pubs have to keep it in refrigerated copper tanks, so they call it "Tank Beer".
Perhaps it would be a good year for the Saints to see if CUB will sponsor them with "Tank Beer".

Went to the game and watched replay on Kayo last night.

Going in given opposition and strength of teams thought we would lose by seven to ten goals .

My goals for a practice match are no injuries and to see a game style and hopefully glimpses of promise in young players.

Billings injury a downer, game style wise can see what we are trying to do offensively but came up against a top team who are hard to break down and also mot convinced we have the skill level with the current list ti pull it off against good opposition.

Young player wise Phillipou showed some real positive glimpses can see he will be a player.

Reserves wise best I have seen Adams play looked good, Van Es really impressive and Caminiti elite hands and contested mark.

Teams are trying different things and working on player loads so hard to judge overall whether both teams were taking as serious as a hit out as one another.

Standing near the interchange Nick Walsh was controlling rotations and a couple of times players went to come of completely spent only for him to tell them their time block was not up and they had to stay on. It appeared that we were putting a lot more emphasis on getting work into players than Melbourne where.

We put zero effort into trying to shut down the way Melbourne played so tells me we were not overly concerned with result.

The one surprising thing for me was how bad defensively we were thought given Lyons past we would have been a lot better.

We had zero balance at the stoppages , Melbourne always had a player or players sitting on outside as the outlet and away they went .

No sweeper coverage and leaving front of centre square open for their mids to waltz through .

Zone defence picked apart.

Totally out run on spread from contest as well which I reckon was structural more than fitness.

All things that I have no doubt the coaches will fix, Lyon has the runs on the board in this area .

No need for panic , think next weeks game might tell us a bit more.

TDK is de konning. Now I’m up to date. Yes please. He is going to be a star. And a 2 position star. Will cost a fortune though.

Probably 2 first round draft picks. If we'd given up Pou and NWM for him i'm not sure that i'm ecstatic.
Then there is the long term drain on the Salary cap.
The call is whether you can back in your draft choices since Heath, and your future draft choices?

If it was 2013 and Trout and Pelican calling the shots , it would be a no brainer.
But then we'd still be lamenting that we gave up Bont and Petracca.

Back