Autopsy Match Simulation, 2023: St.Kilda v Melbourne

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Demons

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm certainly not giving up on him. Although my daughters deadbeat boyfriend looks like his spitting image so he gets marked down just for his similarity.

My Daughter's deadbeat boyfriend looks like a pudgy version of Jade Gresham.

A very promising young duo in Heath and Keeler.

Which gives us a bit of a dilemma as to whether to go hard at a guy like TDK.

On one hand he would likely improve us significantly immediately, but on the other hand he’d cost the world, and if we had him and Ro we probably wouldn’t have room for Heath or Keeler for years, which could be a big waste of their talent.

No don’t pay big for rucks imo, never works.

It's all chips in for Bassett and Lethlean on this latest restructure.
No risk, no reward.
Not like we were going anywhere with the last crowd in charge.

Did some disposal numbers on the replay. Just for the first four periods, so about 20 minutes shorter than a normal full match would be.

Steele 24
Crouch 19
Gresham 14
Windhager 12
Owens 11
Phillipou 10
Clark 8

Hard without knowing the time on ground %, but that's bleak from Clark. He also used it really poorly. Byrnes was everywhere, should've done his numbers. Suspect he would've been above 20 pretty comfortably. NWM would've pushed 20 too. Got more of it than I realised first time around.

No risk, no reward.
Yeah tend to agree however I'm in the camp of thought that thinks our list is the bigger issue.

Lyon starts his 2nd coaching stint at the club with EXACTLY the same issues our two previous coaches were constantly challenged with, and that is working with a poor list that is exacerbated by injury.

Arguably he starts 2023 with bigger selection challenges than Ratts and Richo ever did, probably not as much as Richo as he was handed a much bigger basket case, ironically partly due to the last Lyon era.

It's going to be a tough year for wins, things should start to look a little better or take shape from about the mid season point if we have some luck with injury management however I'm open to, even expecting the word rebuild to work into the narrative as the season unfolds.

As I keep saying though I'm a Ross fan and I can't wait for the show to begin and see what we got.

No risk, no reward.

If this all comes to nothing, we might as well just put the Trainee Receptionist in charge, or anyone else that comes to the door, and start watching some other sport. Really has a boom or bust feel about it.

Did some disposal numbers on the replay. Just for the first four periods, so about 20 minutes shorter than a normal full match would be.

Steele 24
Crouch 19
Gresham 14
Windhager 12
Owens 11
Phillipou 10
Clark 8

Hard without knowing the time on ground %, but that's bleak from Clark. He also used it really poorly. Byrnes was everywhere, should've done his numbers. Suspect he would've been above 20 pretty comfortably. NWM would've pushed 20 too. Got more of it than I realised first time around.
Thanks mate. Really poor for Clark, only way is up I guess.

I thought Byrnes was impressive, could be heading for a breakout year.

You'd think in the real thing Windy will be in the guts round one tagging their best player (Brayshaw or Serong).

Thanks mate. Really poor for Clark, only way is up I guess.

I thought Byrnes was impressive, could be heading for a breakout year.

You'd think in the real thing Windy will be in the guts round one tagging their best player (Brayshaw or Serong).
Yeah Windy looks much more comfortable when he's around the guts. Seemed to play mainly half forward in the first half and only had four touches to half time. Got going a bit in the second half with 8 and was a bit more around the midfield then.

Yeah Windy looks much more comfortable when he's around the guts. Seemed to play mainly half forward in the first half and only had four touches to half time. Got going a bit in the second half with 8 and was a bit more around the midfield then.

Yeah, I think Windy is mid maybe a mid-forward but not a forward mid.

Mind you the goal he kicked was a ripper, 50m off about 2 steps, and carried the distance with ease. Looks like he's added a bit of kicking penetration to his game in the pre-season which is exciting.

Looked like he was on Brayshaw who was also unsighted.

If this all comes to nothing, we might as well just put the Trainee Receptionist in charge, or anyone else that comes to the door, and start watching some other sport. Really has a boom or bust feel about it.
Not really, it seems the board has actively tried to get the best people to set the club up for years to come.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we are keen on him
our 1st option is McKay have the hots for him and have been into him for 2 years
He will be a free agent - so he would come cheaply. If we could get him across do we play him at full back? Make for some interesting list manouvering as it looks like Adams & Van Es are going to be players long term, Howard and Wilkie are only 26 & Battle 24yo. McKay is in between at 25 yo, so it would give us lots of depth in key defenders.

Sorting ***** and vaginas sounds difficult
Be Quiet Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF by Leroy Patterson

Although
In this day and age soneone will get offended if they get put on the wrong sorted pile

I don’t think Clark is a genuine mid at AFL level.

But he should be a great HBF.

Sinclair gives me Rory Laird Vibes.

And I liked what Stocker offered on Friday.

Plus Coffield is back + NAS is now at Half back.

You can’t accomodate them all. Put putting Sinclair onball could ensure we bring his talents where we need and lack most.
Of the players who we would expect to step up, I thought Clark was really poor and bordered on our worst performed player. I feel Clark is far too slow to play permanently across the HB line, plus his defensive efforts get found out. He plays in a laconic fashion, but last Friday he looked like a park footballer playing against professionals. I think he has missed the boat as far as starting the year in the team and should spend the early rounds earning his position in the VFL, at least until he gets some miles and resilience into his body.

Of the players who we would expect to step up, I thought Clark was really poor and bordered on our worst performed player. I feel Clark is far too slow to play permanently across the HB line, plus his defensive efforts get found out. He plays in a laconic fashion, but last Friday he looked like a park footballer playing against professionals. I think he has missed the boat as far as starting the year in the team and should spend the early rounds earning his position in the VFL, at least until he gets some miles and resilience into his body.

I think he is a liability in the back line to be honest.

Lachie Hunter would have been a nice upgrade in the middle !.

His place is as a mid if he can displace crouch or Ross. I don’t like him taking the place of our backline players.
Near zero chance of displacing Crouch, who is sneaky important for us.
Ross played in the B Team but I’d still have him in his ‘22 role ahead of Clark.
I agree with you, he should be a mid, but a combo of bad luck and seemingly laziness is making it hard for him, and soft for me.

He will be a free agent - so he would come cheaply. If we could get him across do we play him at full back? Make for some interesting list manouvering as it looks like Adams & Van Es are going to be players long term, Howard and Wilkie are only 26 & Battle 24yo. McKay is in between at 25 yo, so it would give us lots of depth in key defenders.
I believe he's a restricted free agent and Norff will be able to comfortably out match whatever we can offer. It won't be that easy.

I believe he's a restricted free agent and Norff will be able to comfortably out match whatever we can offer. It won't be that easy.
Agree
But if North have pick 1 and get pick 2 compensation go to the draft with pick 1 & 2 on top of their last draft good chance they don't match

Last edited:
Needs a big game against Essendon

Back