Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Demons

Votes: 35 71.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree
But if North have pick 1 and get pick 2 compensation go to the draft with pick 1 & 2 on top of their last draft good chance they don't match
I thought the same and it's a possibility but that would set them back so far as their rebuild goes.
If they finish last they get Reid so why give up a blue chip mature FB for a speculator.
No, l just don't think so.

Probably the same as what we have done for the last 150 years. Play football and try to win....just with different people in charge

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we sack Ross Lyon, ( or he runs off ) we'll be back looking for the next Scott Watters.

I disagree, TDK cant use playing with McKay & Curnow as an excuse for not scoring. They are dominant, but if he was at their level his team mates would look for him as much as others. Richmonds ruckman played with Reiwoldt & Lynch yet found ways to score. The top 15 draft picks are sorted and almost a 100% hits these days, so to suggest they are unproven kids is misleading. If we look at last years draft most of the kids in the top 40 should play solid AFL footy. What if Heath or Keeler jump out and play games this year? To suggest trading in TDK as a no brainer given the above is a bit of an over statement IMO, particular given we still need elite midfielders.
Fair enough but tell me one player drafted as a tall forward who is clearly better than them so should be the target ahead of them. I’ve got zero.

Probably 2 first round draft picks. If we'd given up Pou and NWM for him i'm not sure that i'm ecstatic.
Then there is the long term drain on the Salary cap.
The call is whether you can back in your draft choices since Heath, and your future draft choices?

If it was 2013 and Trout and Pelican calling the shots , it would be a no brainer.
But then we'd still be lamenting that we gave up Bont and Petracca.
Yep mentioning those names is a no brainer to do it. Let’s add Trengove let’s add paddy. Let’s even coff.

LOL
Bit like last year when we criticise Ratts and got told to STFU that Ratts was fine because the 1st half of the year and he was the best option for us.
Ratts gets sacked same people The club made the right decision. Hilarious
Or even you taking Lyon as a 10 times better coach than ratten. I suppose it depends o those who want to argue.

Probably 2 first round draft picks. If we'd given up Pou and NWM for him i'm not sure that i'm ecstatic.
Then there is the long term drain on the Salary cap.
The call is whether you can back in your draft choices since Heath, and your future draft choices?

If it was 2013 and Trout and Pelican calling the shots , it would be a no brainer.
But then we'd still be lamenting that we gave up Bont and Petracca.
Yep it’s called guessing what if it’s billings and white.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

came in late then in his first year had to decide if we should sack Richo or not. He decided not too and instead put more support around him. He poached Ratten from Hawthorn to help Richo. Didnt seem too happy with trout. Started to get very active in the trade market. We were linked to Lycett, Hanners and another player i cannot remember. We brought in Hanners on big coin. By coincidence Hanners had a connection to Lethers. Hanners had struggled with soft tissue injury and form at sydney and was seen to be "gettable". Around the same time Gubby is brought to the club. Caro has a crack at the boys club at St Kilda... from some old uni blues club or some college (forget the name, where they all circle from), hanners dad included. She names the group of em sitting on some random hill at the footy, says it's bit worrying.

Then next season decides we've had enough of richo and sacks him for Ratten. We under went a "process" led by Rath who was at AFL HQ at that point. Rath is then appointed head of footy. We lose some assistant coaches, but we roll with lade as 2IC. Lose kingsley to Richmond.

We sack Trout and go to "market". We replace Trout with an untried banker from SA who by coincidence was also mates with Lethers, 2nd time this happened.

Under gags we go under a list approach of trading in ready made players rather than hitting the draft. decided to pay up big for an outside player despite there being issues with inside attacking mids. bring in Jones... Butler... trade a first for combo of Howard and Ryder. Has a disasterous members Q&A session where they boldly state fitness is not an issue, Rath even claims to have the data to support that argument. later on they state fitness was an issue at the end of the season, replaces head of fitness.

Back ratten in. Wheels fall off. Give him an extension anyways mid year for 2 years... Finnis went on radio explaining they didnt want the super coach in clarko and saw the team of ratten to be collectively better. only to sack him less than 3 months later. Replace him with Ross Lyon whos been out of the game for years and hadn't made finals since 2015, almost a decade ago. Replace Gags with Gubby and SOS, also a mate of Lyon. bring in Misson mate of Lyons to be above the new head of fitness. Bring in Walsh as new head of footy, leaves literally weeks later. Bring Hayes out of retirement to be a midfield senior assistant. Brings in harvey from pies/carlton. Brings in untried goddard. now Ross Lyon's boss is a bloke who he brought to the club... like how is there ever going to be any accountability with that dynamic.

like seriously its an absolute cluster *. its directionless. stinks of playing super coach with an AFL side and now that it hasn't worked, they're falling back to nostalgia because according to Caro the president was sold the idea by Eddie McGuire on a Yacht with a bunch of past players and ex presidents.

its rank. it stinks.
Narr.

Nah, he's playing R1 for sure is my guess, the selection committee will have the same struggle as Ratts, especially in the first half of the season, and that is having enough AFL capable players to pick from.

It could come down to a choice between him and Byrnes, and if we even need to think about that, its a sad inditement for someone who was picked early and has been on the list for 5 years.

It could come down to a choice between him and Byrnes, and if we even need to think about that, its a sad inditement for someone who was picked early and has been on the list for 5 years.
yeah it will be interesting to see if the the widely claimed abilities of Ross being able to get the best out of players works for Byrnes, by his own admission in his press grab after Friday, his strength is running, but winning the ball and kicking is his weakness. Clarke probably has him covered?

yeah it will be interesting to see if the the widely claimed abilities of Ross being able to get the best out of players works for Byrnes, by his own admission in his press grab after Friday, his strength is running, but winning the ball and kicking is his weakness. Clarke probably has him covered?

Yep but you had to think about it.

In hindsight, it seems like common sense that if Nas is going to play in the backline, that he also takes the kick-ins. Or at least whoever the best kick is. Saw Sinclair take a few of them.

Absolutely blows me away that we continued to persist with Howard bringing the ball back in.

It's a small change but it seems obvious looking back now.

Back