NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed. Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Process Plan - https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...erms-of-Reference-and-Process-Plan-FINAL-.pdf

DO NOT QUOTE THREADS FROM OTHER BOARDS

Last edited:
Presumably every correct step too then.
No because fluff pieces don't say anything of note and they certainly don't prove anything. Pieces about how he threatened a reporter by saying 'your time will come' are very relevant to the ongoing investigation into his actions at Hawthorn including that he told a player he should consider aborting his unborn child.

That this needs to be explained to you like a 5 year old is a little surprising but then again you are going by the handle 'perplexed' so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.

Oh yes. Presumably every correct step too then. Should we now clog up the thread with a whole lot of puff pieces too? Here is today's irrelevant fluff to start you off.

An excellent idea!

Funnily enough, I stumbled across this news story where some guy called Jordan Lewis, who seems to have played for Clarko for more than a decade, and seems to have been around the joint when the alleged horrible stuff took place, reckons he "bats for his players every single time" and "every time he has stepped out of line, he's shown remorse."

Under the current terms of reference for this thread, where it seems any event that may shed some light on his character is relevant, it seems worth dropping this citation too.

No because fluff pieces don't say anything of note and they certainly don't prove anything. Pieces about how he threatened a reporter by saying 'your time will come' are very relevant to the ongoing investigation into his actions at Hawthorn including that he told a player he should consider aborting his unborn child.

That this needs to be explained to you like a 5 year old is a little surprising but then again you are going by the handle 'perplexed' so maybe I shouldn't be that surprised.
Oh, you are trying to prove something. What? There is no obvious connection between what he said to the reporter and what he is alleged to have done at Hawthorn. Maybe if you can show the Clarkson said something wrong here it proves he is guilty of something totally unrelated over there?

An excellent idea!

Funnily enough, I stumbled across this news story where some guy called Jordan Lewis, who seems to have played for Clarko for more than a decade, and seems to have been around the joint when the alleged horrible stuff took place, reckons he "bats for his players every single time" and "every time he has stepped out of line, he's shown remorse."

Under the current terms of reference for this thread, where it seems any event that may shed some light on his character is relevant, it seems worth dropping this citation too.

These are stunning revelations. A person of Clarkson's character as demonstrated here couldn't possibly have done what is alleged.

Is this how you reason Beerfish?

So lets get back to this:

It demonstrates that he has a very misguided sense of what it means to protect someone, and that's he unable to see that what he sees as normal and justified behaviour, isn't to most other people.

Being a professional football coach for a living isn't a normal form of behaviour. Its a highly unusual position requiring different skills and talents to most other roles in society.

What you might consider unjustified and not normal is something his players love and appreciate, as evidenced by Jordan Lewis' recent interview.
I don't disagree.

Although it's worth noting that naturally, not all players and people love and appreciate this style.

He's a football coach, not a moral arbier.

This is a thread about Hawthorn's racism.

Right or wrong he's the face of that and yet here he is giving support to a young indigenous player who has ****ed up and you lot are still piling in on him.

It's obvious that whatever response he made he'd still cop s**t for it.

And the "No Trolls" tag on this thread is an obvious piss take.

Mods would you at least have the decency to remove it.
Is he now?

North Melbourne sources say that Clarkson, while conscious of Thomas’ welfare, has taken a less hands-on role in dealing with the talented 22-year-old, leaving Thomas’ complex situation to be handled largely by ex-Collingwood player and Indigenous development officer Robbie Ahmat, football manager Todd Viney and welfare manager Corey Maynard.

I seriously doubt that. I think many would like it to pretend that it is relevant and are making up low-bowed justifications so they can take pot shots. There are plenty of other threads to troll North in, this shouldn't be one.
I think you overestimate how much time opposition fans spend thinking about North or trolling North. What you perceive as trolling North is more often criticism of Clarkson and North fans' defences of him.

I think you overestimate how much time opposition fans spend thinking about North or trolling North. What you perceive as trolling North is more often criticism of Clarkson and North fans' defences of him.

We had the whole Brad Scott week thing on the West Coast board, but Brad Scott is long gone and if anything we have a soft spot for the underdog teams like North, St Kilda and the Dogs. There's more banter on there against Melbourne, Geelong and the 'Big Four' tbh.

I think we are intelligent enough to separate criticism of the North supporters defending Clarkson and a deliberate attempt to troll North because they don't like North.

Oh, you are trying to prove something. What? There is no obvious connection between what he said to the reporter and what he is alleged to have done at Hawthorn. Maybe if you can show the Clarkson said something wrong here it proves he is guilty of something totally unrelated over there?

These are stunning revelations. A person of Clarkson's character as demonstrated here couldn't possibly have done what is alleged.

Is this how you reason Beerfish?

Really?

What were you implying here then?

As I said;

North supporters need to be charging the club for all the time they're putting in to damage control over Clarko.

Probably true. However, this thread has become for many an outlet for Clarkson hatred rather than any attempt to discuss a complicated and sensitive topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you’re finished with your petulant fit of hyperventilation, I’m keen for you to identify the part of this tawdry rant where you identify reasonable grounds for his dismissal.

LOL that post you're responding to has to be one of the most bizarre things I've read on BF. For that I dips me lid to the poster in question.

Personally I am extremely happy with al clarko and the way he's going about it.

Couldn't have got a better coach.

LOL that post you're responding to has to be one of the most bizarre things I've read on BF. For that I dips me lid to the poster in question.

Personally I am extremely happy with al clarko and the way he's going about it.

Couldn't have got a better coach.
Big call!

Are you sure you wouldn't prefer Brad Scott?

Am I trolling North? I've pretty consistently said it's a shitty position for North supporters to be in where through no fault of their own, they're facing the proposition of the coach they've hired being investigated for pretty heinous acts.

What I am commenting about is that a number of North supporters in this thread are continually trying to obfuscate and diminish every shitty thing Clarko does.

That's not trolling North at all. But if you're going to sit here and defend everything the angry little man does because he can coach a football team then people are free to comment about it.
There is a thread about Clarkson coaching North, this thread is about an alleged culture of racism at a different club.

As for "every shitty thing Clarkson does"... he told a reporter to get ****ed or some such thing and then went and apologised and denies he told someone to abort their kid.

There is a thread about Clarkson coaching North, this thread is about an alleged culture of racism at a different club.

As for "every shitty thing Clarkson does"... he told a reporter to get ****ed or some such thing and then went and apologised and denies he told someone to abort their kid.
I may have missed something, but where has he outright denied this besides more generally refuting "any allegation of wrongdoing"?

I think most people who aren't North supporters think it's pretty relevant.
Weren't you whinging about too much aggression before? From someone who coaches a sport where aggression is fundamental to being able to contest the football effectively. Its only relevent to people who want to take the opportunity to bash Clarkson and North, even tho our record on indigenous issues is as good as any club in the comp.

Most people who aren't North supporters aren't posting in this thread the few who are certainly don't give a **** about racism judging by their other content in the threads here on BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back