Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Tylar Young

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty impressive given we haven’t even had our best backline on the park and midfield still working it’s way into the season
I don't think it's reached the stage of all 'doom and gloom'...lots of positivity yet...we are still fine tuning the side's structure...

I don't think it's reached the stage of all 'doom and gloom'...lots of positivity yet...we are still fine tuning the side's structure...
100%
Also think we have quite a lot of our players out of form who are generally very reliable
Vlossy, Pickett and Bolton still haven’t played anywhere near what they can produce

Backline still needs Taz and Gibcus to come back in and like you said some structure fine tuning still required in the middle and forward line

100%
Also think we have quite a lot of our players out of form who are generally very reliable
Vlossy, Pickett and Bolton still haven’t played anywhere near what they can produce

Backline still needs Taz and Gibcus to come back in and like you said some structure fine tuning still required in the middle and forward line
Too right...then there is the prickly question of how to play the chimp!
SR and/or Miller to share the ruck...
Keep developing Young?!?
And what to do really if JR8 offers a reduced output...

Little bit worried...

Caesar at PRE said Cumberland, Graham and Short were in rehab/management, and Prestia checked out early after speaking to the conditioning guys.

Dusty and Hopper trained, but would be s**t to regain them but not have possibly all four of the above.

Can anyone remember when the last time was that we had our best 22 together? Seems like we've copped an injury every week since 2019.

Anyway, hopefully nothing to worry about. Anyone got any goss?

Little bit worried...

Caesar at PRE said Cumberland, Graham and Short were in rehab/management, and Prestia checked out early after speaking to the conditioning guys.

Dusty and Hopper trained, but would be s**t to regain them but not have possibly all four of the above.

Can anyone remember when the last time was that we had our best 22 together? Seems like we've copped an injury every week since 2019.

No team ever gets their best 22 on the ground

Prestia most likely felt a twinge and they will rest him this week

No team ever gets their best 22 on the ground

Prestia most likely felt a twinge and they will rest him this week
Are you just guessing?

And surely teams do, we had access to ours for most of 2018, but since 2019 we've not only had a revolving door at selection, but it's always to crucial players.

Little bit worried...

No team ever has a fit best 22
Can’t worry about it
Could be a blessing for guys like Sonsie and Clarke if not everyone can get up because it means they can play at the top level instead of potentially being in the vfl again

Little bit worried...

Prestia will be managed all year. They’re taking a different approach with him this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No team ever has a fit best 22
Can’t worry about it
Could be a blessing for guys like Sonsie and Clarke if not everyone can get up because it means they can play at the top level instead of potentially being in the vfl again
Dees had no injuries for ages

campaigners

Think Dimma deserves a bit of a roast regarding our game plan. I know it was wet but our down the line kicking to the same spot, wide and to the wings was just easy pickings for the opposition. No risk factor at all. Did we switch the ball once to the fat side all game, if we did I missed it.

Our field kicking is below average. We don't have many very good or elite kicks in our side. Vlastuin, Martin, Baker, Riewoldt and D. Rioli is about it. Sonsie will be but when you have a side of average kicks it makes it very hard to take a punt and kick to the centre of the ground or switch it around. Collingwood did it and hit targets all night rain or dry. So we kick it straight up the line, especially in the wet.

Is that Dimma's doing, playing it safe, percentage boring football or did the players just clam up. Even Vlastuin was giving it away.

This has been annoying me - I need to get it off my chest.

Yes we were soundly beaten last Friday but we were not smashed and it was not Collingwood's inaccuracy that kept the margin modest.

First qtr they scored 2 goals 6 - but if we recall, the ball was in their forward 50 for most of it with repeat entry after repeat entry - generates repeat scores.
Any goal from those 6 behinds would have taken the ball back the middle - who knows if they would immediately swept it forward and goaled again.
First half 3 goals 10 does not automatically become 10 goals 3 with accurate kicking.

Add to this they had 5 rushed behinds (not sure how many in the first qtr or half)
We had 0

We missed at least 3 gettable soda goals ourselves (Tim Lunch :'( ) and so might have been right in it at the end.
After qtr time the score line was 6 goals 9 to them, 6 goals 7 to us.

And let's not forget our 4 forced changes of key/important players from the previous week too....

YES we were beaten but IMO we are a lot closer to the mark than many think.

I feel better now :oops:

Yes we were soundly beaten last Friday but we were not smashed and it was not Collingwood's inaccuracy that kept the margin modest.

First qtr they scored 2 goals 6 - but if we recall, the ball was in their forward 50 for most of it with repeat entry after repeat entry - generates repeat scores.
Any goal from those 6 behinds would have taken the ball back the middle - who knows if they would immediately swept it forward and goaled again.
First half 3 goals 10 does not automatically become 10 goals 3 with accurate kicking.

Add to this they had 5 rushed behinds (not sure how many in the first qtr or half)
We had 0

We missed at least 3 gettable soda goals ourselves (Tim Lunch :'( ) and so might have been right in it at the end.

And let's not forget our 4 forced changes of key/important players from the previous week too....

One stage in the last Q the commentators mentioned that we missed 4 set shots, they 2.

Mind you they hit the post 3 times in the first Q from snap shots, so a tad unlucky. Bit each way.

One stage in the last Q the commentators mentioned that we missed 4 set shots, they 2.

Mind you they hit the post 3 times in the first Q from snap shots, so a tad unlucky. Bit each way.
Yup agree - a bit each way and maybe a more accurate result would have been a 25 point loss or something.
LOTS of teams gonna be beaten by Pies by more than 25 points this year.

& considering they are flying and the pressure they were pummelling into our back 50, to give up just 63 points for the game has been under-reported IMO.

Our defenders were heroic!

Last edited:
In: Dusty, Hopper, Cumberland.
Out: Mansell, Clarke, Hugo.

Riewoldt on my watch list now.
Not sure Lynch, Samson, Jack and Dusty up forward works when the ball hits the deck, especially in less than ideal conditions.

But he has credits in the bank.

Sonsie also needs to come in but I’m not sure who for. Has to be one of Graham or Ross. The former is a coach favourite and the latter had a good game on the weekend and should stay in the side. Cotchin also contributing we’ll.

Think Dimma deserves a bit of a roast regarding our game plan. I know it was wet but our down the line kicking to the same spot, wide and to the wings was just easy pickings for the opposition. No risk factor at all. Did we switch the ball once to the fat side all game, if we did I missed it.

Our field kicking is below average. We don't have many very good or elite kicks in our side. Vlastuin, Martin, Baker, Riewoldt and D. Rioli is about it. Sonsie will be but when you have a side of average kicks it makes it very hard to take a punt and kick to the centre of the ground or switch it around. Collingwood did it and hit targets all night rain or dry. So we kick it straight up the line, especially in the wet.

Is that Dimma's doing, playing it safe, percentage boring football or did the players just clam up. Even Vlastuin was giving it away.
this my concern as well in lifting the cup,how many of our players are regarded as elite nowadays ? i can think of maybe 4 @ the moment,is that a fair call?
hstory shows u need at least 6 and i consider Melbourne to have as many as 8,Gawn,Petracca,Oliver,Langdon,May,Lever,Fritsch & Brayshaw,i havent incl
Pickett,Viney,Brown & Salem who was/is definitely an elite distributor before long term injury.

We had 0

Collingwood is not the benchmark tho,Melbourne is,they just embarrased the runners up by 50 points,take a look at the game if you've time,they are faaaarken smooth to say the least,n theyre w/o the most influential player in the league and the best distributor off HB in the comp atm
,when on they are the BM

Back