Autopsy Should have Could have - but didn't. Down by 2 against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

aliir dives into space to deflect it though , where Mills ran from

ball has to stop dead , could have been asssited through, maybe not but not a chance if you run off celebrating like a tool
I agree it was unprofessional, but Aliir runs up from behind the goal to punch it at practically head height. It would have been very difficult if not impossible for Mills to stop him without giving away a free.

I agree it was unprofessional, but Aliir runs up from behind the goal to punch it at practically head height. It would have been very difficult if not impossible for Mills to stop him without giving away a free.

Yep probably no way to legally stop it

but I'd like to see a leader play until it's actually over

Well the good news is that I'm not sure it can get much worse. Very little is right with this team at the moment but we're still not a basket case, so the scope for improvement is definitely there.

Our defence is doing it's best. Tom McCartin, Rampe, Florent and Lloyd have been great to start this year. The problem is they've had to be.

Warner was awesome, but that was just the latest in a string of examples of his best and our midfield's best not necessarily being symbiotic.

Parker and Mills again, disappointing. We laud their consistency, because they're consistently good. Would it kill them to be great more often in games like this when we are crying out for it?

Once again we tag a mid and lose the midfield. If our plan is to use Rowbottom like we have in the first four rounds all year then the midfield won't be more than what it currently is.

Buddy will cop it for our forward woes and his own individual performance, and he should. But I watched Amartey attempt several marks that were so uncoordinated he might as well've been wearing oven mits.

Between the talls and their leading patterns being dysfunctional and the form woes of our smalls/mediums - Hayward not contributing enough; Papley trying to do too much; Heeney not delivering - the forward line as a whole need to take accountability and not just blame Buddy.

Inaccuracy hurts us again. Amartey and McDonald last week, Papley and Heeney this week. Beyond frustrating.

I really liked Ladhams' game (evidently the umpires did not - don't get me started on that.) He's still not really providing the mids with much in his tap work, more so in his follow-up.

Both McCartins going down is basically worst case scenario. Hopefully they're back in action ASAP. This is probably the best chance Gould will ever have.

Just yucky. That that was our "response" from getting humiliated against the Dees last week is concerning. Need to really look at ourselves and what we're doing, as a team and as coaches.

It's the internal collision of the brain against the inside of the skull that does the bulk of the damage. Even the helmets in nfl do very little to reduce concussion - they are purely for theatre (like most things American). Put another way, if their was any risk reduction in wearing headgear, don't you think leagues around the world would mandate their use given all the active CTE lawsuits currently under way?

Watched it many times still cant see where the damage came from.

Kids learning to walk have taken harder falls.

You dont need to be a Doc to come to a conclusion something is terribly wrong with him.

Not a good way to spend Easter for the McCartins just a terrible night for the club in general really low point idgaf about the result.

You dont need to be a Doc to come to a conclusion something is terribly wrong with him.

Not a good way to spend Easter for the McCartins just a terrible night for the club in general really low point idgaf about the result.
He got a boot in the face from Marshall

pfft. C'mon Ted. You dont believe that surely?
1. there is no way that kick is getting shepharding through legally.
2. it ain't Mill's job to try to block Charlie and Alliir at that point. Where the * is Ladhams?
3. Ollie flushed it. Everybody in the stadium thought it was going through post high. I know I did.

This is nonsense though. The kick was well short. Having people on the goal line would have made no difference at all unless someone wrestled Aliir to the ground.
Sorry.
Basic forward craft.
Blocking the space. Mills at least should have been standing behind the goals in that space.
Watch Reidwoldt & Lynch at Richmond. They do it perfectly. Smaller plarers do it too.

Were we not the number pressure forward team last Season?

Something is wrong , we have changed our last kick in50 for some reason and we were picking apart teams with ball use.

Are we trying something new with just get it in there at all cost and hope for a contested mark

From memory a perfect example last season was the freo game? We picked them apart ball use wise

Sorry.
Basic forward craft.
Blocking the space. Mills at least should have been standing behind the goals in that space.
Watch Reidwoldt & Lynch at Richmond. They do it perfectly. Smaller plarers do it too.

It was dumb from Mills but the ball wasn't close to being on the line Ted it was a few meters short.

Allir doesnt get it Dixon does.

Attachments

• touch.jpg
    touch.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something is wrong , we have changed our last kick in50 for some reason and we were picking apart teams with ball use.

Are we trying something new with just get it in there at all cost and hope for a contested mark

From memory a perfect example last season was the freo game? We picked them apart ball use wise
first for inside 50 tackles last year.
10th this year

No nothing new we had shockers last season as well.

We have these couple of awful losses every season.

Horse’s presser was telling:

“Our pressure was good, we had +22 i50’s, but we didn’t capitalise”.

Translation: we just bombed it to Buddy.

Of equal concern, when asked who might come in to replace the McCartins:

“I don’t know”.

Sure. I would agree with that. Its a big concern for Paddy.

Horse’s presser was telling:

“Our pressure was good, we had +22 i50’s, but we didn’t capitalise”.

Translation: we just bombed it to Buddy.

Of equal concern, when asked who might come in to replace the McCartins:

“I don’t know”.

Well of course we don't notably have anyone to replace them.

Will be a disorganised mess back there Rampe has a lot of marshalling to do on field.

Lynch is gonna kick at least 5 have to try and limit the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back