Autopsy Should have Could have - but didn't. Down by 2 against Port

Remove this Banner Ad

That would at least make sense, but when did that happen? All I saw was him laying his head down gently on the grass and acting like he got shot. It made no sense at all. I'm not convinced it was a physical problem at all. It's like he expected to get a knock to the head and then acted as though he did. Maybe headgear would help him psychologically if nothing else.
I'm sure Horse said it that's why it was under the eye

I will never forgive you for this, Sydney.

Adam Sandler Golf GIF

Longmire wasn’t to concerned about the ball use or the high ball , more so we need to bring it to ground

We must be told to bomb amd get it in there maybe
I thought he said the delivery inside 50 was not great. He stated a few times we need to get better, not sure he isn’t concerned, particularly i50 delivery.

Horse’s presser was telling:

“Our pressure was good, we had +22 i50’s, but we didn’t capitalise”.

Translation: we just bombed it to Buddy.

Of equal concern, when asked who might come in to replace the McCartins:

“I don’t know”.
If it's so obvious to so many of us, why is it not obvious to our coaches and players?
FRANKLIN CANNOT MARK ANY BALL WHICH IS ABOVE HIS HEAD.
So why do our midfielders constantly ignore other options to kick it high to Franklin? I don't have the figures but just from watching the game, I'd suggest Franklin is the targeted player 75%+ of every forward entry. Whilst we continue with this strategy we will continue to beat the lower sides but really struggle against the better teams.
I said it last year and nothing has happened this year to change my mind. Signing him for another year was an error and having signed him there is no way that they will drop him regardless of his poor form. McDonald and co will not grow into the players they need to be whilst they continue to play as ignored forwards.

That would at least make sense, but when did that happen? All I saw was him laying his head down gently on the grass and acting like he got shot. It made no sense at all. I'm not convinced it was a physical problem at all. It's like he expected to get a knock to the head and then acted as though he did. Maybe headgear would help him psychologically if nothing else.
I did not see any contact by another player either. I'm not sure what Bedders saw.

I've slowly calmed down now. Just wasn't our night. You could guarantee if that was a port shot after the siren the wind would have either died or done a full 360 and sailed the ball through the goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse’s presser was telling:

“Our pressure was good, we had +22 i50’s, but we didn’t capitalise”.

Translation: we just bombed it to Buddy.

Of equal concern, when asked who might come in to replace the McCartins:

“I don’t know”.
I thought it was a dumb question from the journalist. He should have asked who the options are rather than ask him to make a selection call.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

This sounds ridiculous to me. It's always better to make the gf than not make it. Losing to Collingwood by a kick after playing so well for most of the game would have left its own scars.

I think this belief that getting thrashed in the grand final ruins the next season is a bit of nonsense anyway. The players are professionals who get 6 months to recover from the disappointment. I refuse to believe we are so mentally weak that we allow one bad game at the end of a fantastic season to ruin our confidence and skills.
Hey, c’mon, footy is our daytime soapie! You can’t deny us the joy of attaching our own entirely synthesised narrative to events over which we have zero involvement!

Plugger made a comeback and soon realised he was done , only hope that Bud does the same because it's sad to talk about a superstar like this

Plugger took 2 years off, and he also retired mid year anyway, kept getting injured

Goodes is a better comparison

Players generally back themselves in

To state that McDonald and Armatey are “so bad” and that it’d be “comedic” watching McDonald get “obliterated” is entirely unfair and unreasonable.

They are very good (and improving) AFL standard players who kicked 9 goals between them a couple of weeks ago.

But when a leading forward never has his leads honoured because the ball is kicked to Buddy every time - there’s not a lot the leading forward can do.

And Buddy tonight had Aliir - who is usually an intercepting defender. Not a KPD. He gave Buddy an absolute bath.

It is fantasy to cling to the belief that we don’t have a Buddy problem.

mcdonald will be a star ... you see hints of it every game, even if he's still getting things wrong (positioning being one of the main things ... and that may not be entirely his fault)
give him the keys

There was a fox story and i'm sure horse said it.
I just watched the presser again and Horse didn't say anything except that they didn't even bother testing for concussion before subbing him and that he was "ok". He absolutely refused to say anything else on the subject.

How beautiful was that kick from errol to logan.

That's what we need to see going forward. Logan has the size now. Give him the keys and let him develop
While we’re looking for positives, although it ended up in the farcical final shot on goal, Rampe’s kick out of defence to Heeney in the midfield, and then Heeney’s kick out of the midfield to Florent were two of the most perfectly executed long field kicks you will ever see in a game of footy.

mcdonald will be a star ... you see hints of it every game, even if he's still getting things wrong (positioning being one of the main things ... and that may not be entirely his fault)
give him the keys
It's his third year though. Most genuine stars have more of an impact by this point. He seems to be developing very slowly and it's becoming a concern. He never looks dominant. Even when he kicked 5 against very poor opposition the other week, he was barely sighted otherwise.

It's his third year though. Most genuine stars have more of an impact by this point. He seems to be developing very slowly and it's becoming a concern.
He’s our leading goal kicker.

From very limited supply (apart from the game Buddy missed).

He’s kicked more goals than Heeney and Hayward combined. In fact, apart from Papley, he’s kicked more than double any other forward.

Trying to fault Logan is barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back