Autopsy goal loss vs *Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Some big picture type positives to buoy those really frustrated or annoyed:

1. Wardlaw, Phillips and Tarryn aren't where they need to be fitness-wise and will all go up another couple of levels once they build a base. Thought all 3 were awesome today.

2. Two of our most experienced ball winners were out by half time and we were down 1 on the bench for the second half. The young guys continue to step it up and lead from the front when called upon.

2. We had the largest injury list going into this weekend and after the concussions to Simpkin and Greenwood, I'm assuming we're still at #1. If not, we'd be second behind West Coast. So we've been super competitive for 3 weeks with about 15 guys on our injury list over that period of time.

3. Our best player hasn't been injury free since Round 3 and has missed the last couple weeks through injury. He'll be back soon.

4. We get Brayden George next year.

5. We'll add at least one more elite talent at the draft.

6. Ben McKay was back to his best. I want him to stay, but if he goes we should be compensated well.

A lot to be excited about.
McKay was solid in the second half when he was 1v1. He is a great 1v1 defender when he is in form. Dont ask him to read play and make a 1v1 a 2v1 like ridley did today. That is not happening.

There is a stark contrast in drive, intensity and class between many of our experienced players against our youth and traded in players. Can only mean good things.

Sucks that we lost, but considering our in-game losses and long injury list, I couldn't be happier with how our kids stood up. We all know the negatives and the players that won't be around next finals series, but today is about Phillips, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Spicer, Thomas, CCJ, Bergman, Fordy and co., taking the mantle from their experienced brethren.
Powell too.. they were all good.

We looked better when Shiels went into the mid to cover Merret and Ford was back on the wing. Pls don't play Ford forward again, he's a winger now, let him make it his own.

Dunno, think we need speed on the wing. Goaters performance last year in the final game is the one we need the most. Scott isn’t super quick either, but he is definitely playing at a level I did t think he would. Ford could certainly be part of the high half forward brigade though with stints deep

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only hope I see for Essendon is if Jake Stringer is allowed to go to Schoolies and they have 5 father sons come on the list all at once.

Could be the first time 5 half brothers play for the same club.

Imagine the headline, convicted Pedophile Jake Stringer out on day release to watch his 5 sons all aged 19 debut.

Last edited:
The AFL should deregister any player that has been caught in a Spicer tackle.
Hey, Spice showed a smidgen of good stuff. I’d persist. but ys, you’re not wrong. If tat bloke that weighs as much as my right leg pins inside mids, questions need to be raised oOR is Spice coming to find his feet knowing AFL players are a bunch of cats and he can match em?

Dunno, think we need speed on the wing. Goaters performance last year in the final game is the one we need the most. Scott isn’t super quick either, but he is definitely playing at a level I did t think he would. Ford could certainly be part of the high half forward brigade though with stints deep

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Goater to halfback for me. Takes the Hall spot. I also don’t think Hall was nearly as bad as people on here are making out.

Competed really well with 2 big bodied mids down but just get the feeling that we will never win any of the close ones. Every other team just has an extra gear in terms of skill and x-factor against us in the final moments. So in other words - close losses like this are as close to 'wins' as we will ever get.
Ahhhh shut up . We’ll be a force sooner than you think .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back