Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine in a couple years as part of the midfield rotations at a centre bounce Weddle, Curtain and Nash ……… have to be careful that the opposition don’t do a nutmeg!

Nah I think if we get Curtin we use him as a key (not the main one) and we'd have the luxury of rolling him through the midfield out of defense. He's a bit like Jordan Dawson but a bit bigger and slower. I'd like to see WA play him more as a key forward bc he could be the one we need to pair with Lewis. Either way, it's win-win.

Would they take dogs 2nd? Our f2? If we need second round picks I think scrimshaw and CJ would be the likeliest candidates to get that return.
No way you trade Scrimshaw. He's only 24 and a solid medium-tall defender who moves well. We need to improve the guys around him. Sicily won't be around forever. Hardwick is solid as we know. Everyone else in defense are big ?s

Other than the obvs KPF missing to support Lewis, our defense is awful we need to improve it big time.

Eagles are taking Curtin its a given

They won't. They have no choice but to take Harley. They have a few picks after that where they could grab a couple of decent players so I think they just choose the best available.

The better Curtain goes, the more a pick 1 trade comes down to us or North. We want Curtain to be a clear top 3 pick to put us in that conversation and otherwise Curtain looks a great prospect for us anyway so I’d be very happy with him or Caddy the way they are both tracking. Roughead types

Chances we get Pick 1 are slim. Same with North. GWS is the only one but they'd have to work out a trade for another asset because they don't have much after their two firsts I don't think.

What we should do is obviously examine the most likely draft order before the draft, probably have some chats with teams that hold top 10-12 picks to discuss trades and try get another first rounder.

No way you trade Scrimshaw. He's only 24 and a solid medium-tall defender who moves well. We need to improve the guys around him. Sicily won't be around forever. Hardwick is solid as we know. Everyone else in defense are big ?s

Other than the obvs KPF missing to support Lewis, our defense is awful we need to improve it big time.
Not that we should be looking to trade Scrim unless he says he wants to be traded.

But he’s one of our defenders with the biggest question marks on him. And needs to show he deserves to be in the team long term.

The question from Tops was who could we move on to get draft capital for Flanders which would need to be second round. Those are the 2 that could get a second round pick IMO that I would entertain.
Our defence isn’t awful we have Hardwick seamus impey sicily weddle as locks for next 3-5 years. McCabe and DGB as developing 3rd talls for frost and Sicily. BMac as running HB for impey. Blanck is developing jury out if he’s the FB but we need 2-3 years to figure that out. That leaves CJ Scrimshaw - who do they play in front of and Morris (expect delisted).
I have said many times we should trial CJ on a wing and Scrimshaw forward and now as we are experimenting and are figuring out what we have. But if the club decided to trade either to enable something better that we need especially securing more forward half talent as you say, I’m all for it.

Can play everywhere, back, forward, midfield. And good at all.
Been likened to Pavlich for his ability in all 3 thirds of the ground.

The question from Tops was who could we move on to get draft capital for Flanders which would need to be second round. Those are the 2 that could get a second round pick IMO that I would entertain.
Our defence isn’t awful we have Hardwick seamus impey sicily weddle as locks for next 3-5 years. McCabe and DGB as developing 3rd talls for frost and Sicily. BMac as running HB for impey. Blanck is developing jury out if he’s the FB but we need 2-3 years to figure that out. That leaves CJ Scrimshaw - who do they play in front of and Morris (expect delisted).
I have said many times we should trial CJ on a wing and Scrimshaw forward and now as we are experimenting and are figuring out what we have. But if the club decided to trade either to enable something better that we need especially securing more forward half talent as you say, I’m all for it.

We don't need Flanders tho?? Why should we be throwing defenders out for more midfielders lol. And yes, CJ should probably go on a wing. It's either that, hb, or he's not playing. Scrimshaw is an asset but I wouldn't trade him. Would've rather traded someone like Impey instead. But I think he re-signed didn't he?

Flanders would be a great get for us. Can play inside/outside and was a good fwd at junior level although I haven't seen that translate in the seniors.

Can find the pill and can power out of congestion.

Should be cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flanders would be a great get for us. Can play inside/outside and was a good fwd at junior level although I haven't seen that translate in the seniors.

Can find the pill and can power out of congestion.

Should be cheap.
You seem confident with Georgiades??

The club knows Scrimshaws strengths and weaknesses. He is working to cement a spot in the bottom 4 side this year. He will be 25 next year. If the club doesn’t think he can fix the weaknesses and given the depth of options off half back, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was traded.

Would we offer future first for Georgiades?
I would very much hope not.

Future 2nd at most or pass for mine. ACL and been in relatively poor form and playing in the SANFL before that.

All completely baseless.

We have been sniffing around for a while though and where there is smoke there is fire.
Or, as Denis Commetti said when commentating the GF: "Where's there's smoke, there's Brian...":tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

We should seriously get this kid. Fat track on development. Mitch Lewis & Mitch Georgiades I like it. Add Nate Caddy to that mix. Sounds like a triple threat combo which could work.
I'm not convinced on Georgiades. Would like him on the list, but wouldn't want to pay what he'd cost to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back