2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gees the commentators are nauseating.

You would think the Black Caps are dominating the match.

it comes from them belting us up in Union.

LOL when AFL and League and about 8 other sports dominate more here.

Imagine if Union was our Number One Sport?

No more Kiwi dominance!

Least they gave us Split Enz and Dusty half kIWI ,also our new recruit from the VFL.
They're pretty good at Men's softball to be fair

Haha! Winning papers over cracks. Yeah the Hawtorn 3peat papered over the cracks in their list as well.
I'm not bothered by your working of the (irrelevant) Hawthorn 3-peat into a 2024 Test Cricket series thread.
I like a bit of supporter parochialism :thumbsu: .
HAWTHORN 2013-14-15, HUZZAH!!!

yawn

However, you clearly do not know what
"Winning has papered over all manner of cracks within the Aussies." means, which is what I did say.
Please note: I did not say "Winning papers over cracks", which is a totally different concept, but you won't care, I know.
Your bloodshot eyes have all ready glazed over, so I won't elaborate.

A good result for us making it through to tea and only losing the wicket of Young.

If we can make it through to stumps without losing any more wickets we might be a chance.

Eh, both Aus and NZ punch well above our weight in terms of sport. Hell, Aus hold our own in basketball against them (obvs we arent winning but its better than most do) and we barely give a * about it here.

Sport is a big part of both Australia and NZ's culture, it's one of the few ways that we can make an impact on the world stage.

Being good at rugby union or cricket doesn't mean much to Americans or any other countries outside of the old British empire though.

not entirely wrong though is he? There was a reason we bowled first. Batting should have doubled their score but like the last game they've left the opposition in it.
Yeh right we’re you watching? Ball was moving around everywhere. Hats off to the batsman who left their crease to nullify the swing. Agree the pitch and sunshine has now made the batting look easier

Re: Starc and his w-W (wide-Wicket today) inconsistency and the way/s that he manages to spray the ball at times.

I reckon it comes from trying-too-hard (at times) and not a lack of effort or intent at all. Like Brett Lee and Mitch Johnson before him, and Thommo way back. Occasionally all over the place, but unplayable when on song.
Starc's hooping yorker, WOW.

Adrenalin is a funny thing and I reckon Starc has bursts of energy/intent that cause him to be erratic.
By contrast, bowlers like Hazlewood (and Boland, and McGrath come to mind) are steady in temperament and rhythm, line and length.
Looks like Cummins has worked Starc out and if Cummins sees any wicketless waywardness from Starc, he takes him off eg yesterday, off after 3 ordinary overs, then back on and took wickets later.

Re: Starc and his w-W (wide-Wicket today) inconsistency and the way/s that he manages to spray the ball at times.

I reckon it comes from trying-too-hard (at times) and not a lack of effort or intent at all. Like Brett Lee and Mitch Johnson before him, and Thommo way back. Occasionally all over the place, but unplayable when on song.
Starc's hooping yorker, WOW.

Adrenalin is a funny thing and I reckon Starc has bursts of energy/intent that cause him to be erratic.
By contrast, bowlers like Hazlewood (and Boland, and McGrath come to mind) are steady in temperament and rhythm, line and length.
Looks like Cummins has worked Starc out and if Cummins sees any wicketless waywardness from Starc, he takes him off eg yesterday, off after 3 ordinary overs, then back on and took wickets later.
Does anyone think Starc is bowling pies from lack of effort or intent? It's pretty obvious he's bowling erratically because he bowls fast and wild - exactly as you said like Lee and Johnson. He may not bowl as ridiculously fast but it's very clear that's why he bowls like that.

Does anyone think Starc is bowling pies from lack of effort or intent? It's pretty obvious he's bowling erratically because he bowls fast and wild - exactly as you said like Lee and Johnson. He may not bowl as ridiculously fast but it's very clear that's why he bowls like that.

I would bet you that he is told to go out there and bowl fast and not worry too much about runs. The other bowlers provide the control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"AB medallist" suggests "best player", but Marsh is not.
Either was Starc when he took out the gong last year, or year before, or Watson one year. AB Medallist gives you plenty of credits in the bank. Too many for mine as every one acknowledges and remembers the winner, but who cares to remember who took out the top Test gong, only the purist...

Either was Starc when he took out the gong last year, or year before, or Watson one year. AB Medallist gives you plenty of credits in the bank. Too many for mine as every one acknowledges and remembers the winner, but who cares to remember who took out the top Test gong..
Not disagreeing with your point, but the AB Medallist is the all format best cricketer award.

Every great pace attack has at least one genuine quick who sprays the ball a little. You don't need three Starcs, just as you don't need three Hazlewoods or three Cummins. Variety is the key to a great attack. Look at the West Indies quartets in the 1980s, all great bowlers but completely different to each other.

Last edited:
Back