• 44. Seth Campbell

Votes: 77 62.6%
  • 45. Tylar Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50. Marlion Pickett

Votes: 35 28.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When is Sonsies ban over? Need someone harder in the centre.
I’m a self proclaimed member of the Sonsie fan club but if we want someone harder in the centre it isn’t Sonsie

More like our draft picks need an overhaul

Not gonna get too many diamonds when you’re dealing in 4th rounds and mid-season draft picks

People need to suck it up. We had success and we’re now coming down the other side. Going to need a rebuild and that won’t happen over night.

Will be a much more enjoyable season if you go in with low expectations and enjoy the wins that will come. We’re probably not making finals and likely to start underdogs in most games.
I think your wish will be granted this year

I'm definitely a rose coloured glasses wearer when it comes to the tigers but the 1st half yesterday was as uncompetitive a game as I have watched us play and I've seen plenty.

so, there is the distinct possibility that we are going to have a really down year. the silver lining being that we have a good draft hand and the possibility of strengthening it with trading out some players at year end

but after watching the 1/2 half and listening to yze's press conference and re adjusting my glasses, I'm on the fence at the moment.

it was totally the on ballers fault in the first half. no backline could stop such easy forward entries and the forward didn't get a sniff. I reckon the new structure just collapsed and allowed the gc mid field to just waltz out of clearances. it didn't happen in the practice matches and didn't after we readjusted at 1/2 time. I'm willing to give them another chance come Thursday. though I do fear what Cripps will do.

haven't been to a game live yet but another tactic that needs to be worked out is players holding their positions outside the contest when they seem to be in a good position to compete. just more teething problems.

and lastly, every team has injuries but yesterday having nank, dusty and Lynch out couldn't have been a worse trio.

positives Campbell looked good on debut when being a small forward would have been more difficult yesterday. mrj and gibcus did well and ross should definitely start.

looking forward to Thursday, will my faith be restored or crushed, carn the tigers

compare the umpiring in our game vs the carltoon game, both down by big amounts

when carltoon got close the umps started favouring them like mad men, absolute looneys gifting soft free after soft free

when we got close the umps went into damage control to conserve the gold coast/dumma fairytale afl endoresed win

There were 3 7 metre kicks let go in the first.
We kick it longer later in the game and get pinged for not 15.
This is another rule of inconsistency the umpires do to us all the time.
Now we know the umpiring is not a Dimma thing,it's a Richmond thing.
Umps just channeling their Tiger hate like oppos do.
Just listen to the commentary,baying for Richmond blood.
This is spot on. How someone can kick the ball from the goal square and have it marked inside the point post is insane. The posts are 6 metres apart - it can’t possibly be 15 metres - yet umps just let it go and call mark.

I’m firmly of the opinion that this isn’t the hardest game to umpire in the world (the trope continuously thrown at us by embedded journalists and commentators) - it’s just that the standard of umpiring is just really low at the moment. The talent pool currently is really poor. They don’t need more umpires - they simply need better ones.

compare the umpiring in our game vs the carltoon game, both down by big amounts

when carltoon got close the umps started favouring them like mad men, absolute looneys gifting soft free after soft free

when we got close the umps went into damage control to conserve the gold coast/dumma fairytale afl endoresed win
do you have to sook on every post in every thread about the umpiring?

keep it to the umpiring thread so we don't have to sift through all the bullshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t remember last time Grimes had a really good game.

He seems to have lost confidence and his temperament is a liability in the back.

Give him a spell in the VfL or try him in a new role up forward.

We need Balta in the back.
Exactly my point at selection night…what has Grimes done to deserve selection?

His pre season was interrupted due to injury…his one pre season game was mediocre

Why play him….is it because he’s been a great servant of our club?
Let him get 100% fit
…you live in the past you die in the present

Last edited:
do you have to sook on every post in every thread about the umpiring?

keep it to the umpiring thread so we don't have to sift through all the bullshit.
listen arse kisser, dont think about how we're going to hide it and pretend it isnt there, think about how we're going to improve it and make sure we get a fair and even go in every single game

we will not take it without lube anymore !!! enough is enough and this is garbage. youre welcome to cop it sweet though

This is spot on. How someone can kick the ball from the goal square and have it marked inside the point post is insane. The posts are 6 metres apart - it can’t possibly be 15 metres - yet umps just let it go and call mark.

I’m firmly of the opinion that this isn’t the hardest game to umpire in the world (the trope continuously thrown at us by embedded journalists and commentators) - it’s just that the standard of umpiring is just really low at the moment. The talent pool currently is really poor. They don’t need more umpires - they simply need better ones.
Dan Richardson (umps boss 2020 - 2023) created another mess with the umps... everything that bloke touches turns to crap.

Got relocated at the AFL a few months back. Thank god.

Dec 2023: "Dan Richardson, previously the Head of Umpiring, will take on a new role of Coaching Engagement Manager as part of the League's push to "continue to ensure the interests of the coaches are heard and considered when making key strategic decisions".

Exactly my point at selection night…what has Grimes done to deserve selection?

His pre season was interrupted due to injury…his one pre season game was mediocre

Why play him….is it because he’s been a great servant of our club?

…you live in the past you die in the present
He's old and slow now and gets easily frustrated which costs us dearly, thanks for the service but it's time to retire.

I tuned into yesterday's game with modest expectations but had expected to see some improvement amongst the younger players in particular. The first half was almost a carbon copy of any of our deplorable quarters or halves from the last 3 years. The hallmarks are inability to score goals, minimal clearances evidenced by opposition players walking the ball out of the centre with seemingly no resistance, being outnumbered to the ball all over the ground and yesterday a Defence that was dysfunctional. We even have the usual brain fades from the regulars like Balta, Grimes.

It was obvious that things were awry when in the first quarter with a small wind advantage we were outplayed, it's an indictment on the coaching panel that it took them until after half-time to change things around.
Our recruits are ordinary, I couldn't that see any of the younger players have improved and players like Ryan, Grimes, Dow and Prestia have gone backwards. It was Taranto's worse game and because of his stellar year last year can probably expect more attention this year as he was somewhat a catalyst for us last year. The question is to move up the ladder a number of players have to improve, where will the improvement come from? It's not realistic to expect that players like McIntosh, Broad, Hopper are going to improve much and Kozi and Naismith looked like discards from other clubs who are VFL players at best.

I had hoped that with a new coaching panel there would be signs that there was some change, greater discipline, more enthusiasm, different game plan but I saw the same signs and outputs we've seen recently. We'll have to face the fact that this is an ordinary list who can if everything goes right play bursts of good football but don't have the capability to sustain it for 60 to 80% of the game which is what's required to win games.

We had no big defender to body their talls in the first half yet we had Noah running around energetically but in reality very ineffective in the forward line

Then Yze in the post match presser praises Balta's efforts in the ruck in the second half

A thoroughbred all Australian full back being used as a Clydesdale in the ruck and left to flounder up forward as our key vehicle for attack. Just straight out dumb management.

Seth good game on debut and Ross is in our 18 not sure why he is not and it just cannot be the new coach but if there is a link between the advice of Balta forward/ruck and Ross on the bench we need to remove those individuals influence sooner rather than later.

As for Dylan simple 1 minute post match talk, Dylan act like a dill again and you will have to prove yourself in the VFL before you get back in the big game.

Hopper for all his criticism that goal he kicked 55 metres into the wind after being crunched in the ribs and winded the boy showed something that all tiger fans love. Good step forward.

As soon as Dimma learned that Balta was being picked and used as a forward he loaded up on his forward line...

Back