• J. Clarke (sub)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. Banks

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • J. Ross

Votes: 91 63.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Taranto played 86% TOG. For an inside mid that is much more than expected, he has been asked to play a sacrificial role and to hold up. People expect the guy to play at higher intensities but when he's playing that much more its more difficult. Considering he held the load of the likes of Dow, it's not a terrible performance, not perfect, but not his best. For comparison Butters had 76% TOG and Wines 75%
Was nowhere near a terrible performance, perhaps zero in on lynch and Dusty’s output first

Not picking on them, just pointing out how disappointing it is to be hearing that sort of chat 3 games into a new coaching regime.
Fair enough RT , but the complaints are pretty well justified as things are actually more dire than last year under mini and there appears to be no changes to game plan and the major non performers to the team under mini are still going around untouched. This is inexcusable as Yze would've known the deficiencies of these players when he was working at Melbourne.

I thought Cappy was ok, but I reckon Picketts wing is up for grabs. Do we try Hugo/Banks/Sonsie there? I didn't have Grimes in my best 23 at the start of the season. So do we roll with Miller and Young as the keys and Broad/Tresize as covering the third tall? Grimes becomes back up? I'm ok with that.
One possession after half time is okay??? some standards need to be set with the premiership players.

I'd drop Grimes and McIntosh for Broad and Young and I would just clean out Dow's locker

Hugo was only okay in the VFL on Saturday ... Banks was not okay in the VFL the week before .. so I can't see how either is the answer next week

but I reckon play the kids until Hopper is good to go again ... you got to get 50 games into them ...

Hypothetical: if he were unavailable, who plays his role?

What role? Kicking zero goals in 2024 thus far. Getting 1 touch in nearly three quarters yesterday from early in the second quarter? Making 1-2 howlers per game that costs goals? Allowing easy transition out of our F50 week after week? Never providing any attacking threat at all … notice how he always stifles ball movement by going back over his mark then kicking 50m to a pack down the wing?

What’s his ‘role’ we are worried about giving to someone else? Clarke. Ross. Hugo. Banks. Brown. D Rioli. Sonsie. Short. I really don’t care - Macca is a liability and needs to be retired off. He was great during our dynasty run. He’s finished in terms of what the Tigers need and we need to move on from him and Pickett ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We need to have some kind of plan to try and curtail Heeney, he's just about the most in-form player in the comp right now, we can't let him play his own game we need to put some time into him.

Part of the reason we had a great team is we had a group of 5 that played about 7/8 years together before success, nearly 300 games together.
Rance would’ve easily played that many if he wanted to stay.

We need look to the longterm and stick with em.
I did crack it with Dow but we have to get more games into them.
Someone else posted…Shedda ave 11 possesions a game for his first fifty games.
Dow is a ave just over 13 in 19 games.
He’s averaging over 20 in 30 games if vfl
He needs another 10 games at least in the 1sts to try and get going.
Or a game into Sonsie/Kmac 2?

What role? Kicking zero goals in 2024 thus far. Getting 1 touch in nearly three quarters yesterday from early in the second quarter? Making 1-2 howlers per game that costs goals? Allowing easy transition out of our F50 week after week? Never providing any attacking threat at all … notice how he always stifles ball movement by going back over his mark then kicking 50m to a pack down the wing?

What’s his ‘role’ we are worried about giving to someone else? Clarke. Ross. Hugo. Banks. Brown. D Rioli. Sonsie. Short. I really don’t care - Macca is a liability and needs to be retired off. He was great during our dynasty run. He’s finished in terms of what the Tigers need and we need to move on from him and Pickett ASAP.

running a lot is Kmac's role.

Hugo played OK in the VFL but off half back.

Campbell ran the most for us in this game. 14.6

Last edited:
michael fassbender perfection GIF

Dow is so far away from even an amateur footballer.

Edwards does not equal Dow. Not within a bull’s roar even in his first 100 games. Dow has no physical presence, no intensity, minimal ability to read the play, can’t kick far etc. Edwards always had great skills, was lightening fast and smart, and had great overhead presence amongst other amazing attributes. To think that Dow wil ever be 10% as good as Edwards even after 300 games, which is feasible given the propensity to give him a go, is risible.

Edwards was absolute sh*te his first 50 games. If we were a half decent team no way would he have remained on the list. Most supporters wanted him gone. Of course he turned into a star, but that took a decade… he was anything but a star for his first 50 games.

Of course memories fade, but take this into account.

From 2007-2009 Edwards played 47 games. He received 1 x Brownlow vote and 3 x coaches votes in those 47 games. His SC averages were 48 / 48 / 54. He averaged 11 touches. He was crap.

You only remember Edwards from 2010 onwards once Dimma arrived and he stepped his game up a notch. He had 47 games under his belt by then.

I don’t believe Dow will turn into Edwards, but I’m saying to try and give him majority of this season, as Dow has some great attributes and some upside. As I said, if we were a half decent team 100% Edwards would’ve been delisted end of 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One possession after half time is okay??? some standards need to be set with the premiership players.

I'd drop Grimes and McIntosh for Broad and Young and I would just clean out Dow's locker

Hugo was only okay in the VFL on Saturday ... Banks was not okay in the VFL the week before .. so I can't see how either is the answer next week

but I reckon play the kids until Hopper is good to go again ... you got to get 50 games into them ...
Cappy has been better than Pickett this season overall. If i personally are going a schoolyard pick out if the 2, i’m going with Cappy.
But we both agree the opportunity is there for a kid to take a wing and we get 20 games into a potential 10 year players versus a one more year player.
And as previously stated, i didn’t have Grimes in my best 23 at the start of the season.

Seth Campbell has been a hell of find, so clean, hard at it and great skills.
Brown has to stay in for the year now. If he cant fit in down back, then he takes a Wing spot IMO
Tresize played taller than I thought and there is a player there
Clarke should come in and play Wing
Ross has to play midfield, not out on the Wing, leave the wing to the kids if we have to to protect them a little.

Edwards was absolute sh*te his first 50 games. If we were a half decent team no way would he have remained on the list. Most supporters wanted him gone. Of course he turned into a star, but that took a decade… he was anything but a star for his first 50 games.

Of course memories fade, but take this into account.

From 2007-2009 Edwards played 47 games. He received 1 x Brownlow vote and 3 x coaches votes in those 47 games. His SC averages were 48 / 48 / 54. He averaged 11 touches. He was crap.

You only remember Edwards from 2010 onwards once Dimma arrived and he stepped his game up a notch. He had 47 games under his belt by then.

I don’t believe Dow will turn into Edwards, but I’m saying to try and give him majority of this season, as Dow has some great attributes and some upside. As I said, if we were a half decent team 100% Edwards would’ve been delisted end of 2009.

Good point

Fair enough RT , but the complaints are pretty well justified as things are actually more dire than last year under mini and there appears to be no changes to game plan and the major non performers to the team under mini are still going around untouched. This is inexcusable as Yze would've known the deficiencies of these players when he was working at Melbourne.
We're 3 games in and had multiple changes in each game so far in terms of players coming in & out. Having a crack at players who've come back from injury and a coach who is 3 games in is unjust IMO

We're 3 games in and had multiple changes in each game so far in terms of players coming in & out. Having a crack at players who've come back from injury and a coach who is 3 games in is unjust IMO
That's your opinion and fair enough, but by the constant complaints by multiple posters regarding KMac , Pickett and a few others it's glaringly obvious that there's an issue and these posters are entitled to voice their opinions. It's a forum regarding our club for us fans and all opinions should be valid unless they're against posting guidelines and rules. Why should you have a say or right over others and to think you have power or superiority over them?

This was your post and it reeks of all the problems of when somebody is on their high horse. You forget supporters are passionate and have no permanent grudge over the club , but just want us to be successful. So they express concerns where they would like to see improvement. Whether they are right is irrelevant bc in the end they don't have any say, so it's just discussion for all of us to read :

RT said:
I'd like to roast some of our 'supporters' for their performances today. 3rd game into Yze reign and the way some of them carried on today, you'd think we were coming off a 3rd straight flag instead of being a team that finished 13th last year. Bagging players for every single error, bagging the coach in his 3rd game, even though we were leading at half time and only 7 points down at 3/4 time. One even walked out 5 minutes into the last saying we were pathetic and that it was just the 2nd game he'd ever left early, FFS mate did you forget some of the performances we had in the mid 2000s under Wallace.

I think this is the reason they've been hesitant to bring McAuliffe in. We're already poor defensively, and as good as any first year player is going, they're probably going to be focused more on the ball than their man, as that's what they're used to in under 18s.

I still think we need to play our best young players anyway. They can learn defensive positioning on the job.

The other option that could be worthwhile is throwing someone like Mansell in there to tag Heeney next week. Mansell is a very physical player who has a decent tank and can play all over the ground. Might not get get much ball himself in the middle, but has the right skills to shut an opponent down.
We should just let Heeney run free and do as he pleases and grab that top 3 draft pick.

Cappy has been better than Pickett this season overall. If i personally are going a schoolyard pick out if the 2, i’m going with Cappy.
But we both agree the opportunity is there for a kid to take a wing and we get 20 games into a potential 10 year players versus a one more year player.
And as previously stated, i didn’t have Grimes in my best 23 at the start of the season.
Give it a rest with Cappy. Hes an average footballer and always was. Time to go!

Back