List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't show up but the song he chose was Coldplay - Adventure of a Lifetime

Bodes well for Muzza
I just assumed it was "leave your hat on", or "its getting hot in here, so take off" and he was actually trying to lose the jumper with that tug.
He wasn't wearing magic mikes footy guernsey.

I think you're giving too much credit to De Goey's rational capacity.
He simply saw an opposition player who was vulnerable. It didn't matter who it was.
Maybe. But that's beside the point...the heat will come for Harley.

Last edited:
I don't want to throw shade at our new messiah, but i do feel a couple of those broken tackle stats were a bit generous.

Looks to me a high tackle and free kick counts as a broken tackle?

Copped 3 of those. Then there was when we got a free for something else, Harley reacts out of the middle, runs away from his oppo who had half assed laid an arm him and takes the advantage... apparently that is credited as a broken tackle also?

Realistically i think it was probably more like 4 or so actual broken tackles. Which is still quite impressive.

I am really looking forward to the day we have fully fit Hewett and Culley playing alongside Harley.

Along with Yeo and Ginbey that is five big strong mids. ;):eek::oops:

Are we going too far adding a 194cm Smillie?

Just need Harely to get everyone's 'don't argue' technique up to his standards and then bring on the running of the bulls.:hearteyes::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to the day we have full fit Hewett and Culley playing alongside Harley.

Along with Yeo and Ginbey that is five big strong mids. ;):eek::oops:

Just need Harely to get everyone's 'don't argue' technique up to his standards and then bring on the demolition squad.:hearteyes::tearsofjoy:

demolition funny kid GIF
I can’t wait to see what a difference a good tap ruckman makes when Flynn comes back and we can actually get on the offensive at the CB.

I don't want to throw shade at our new messiah, but i do feel a couple of those broken tackle stats were a bit generous.

Looks to me a high tackle and free kick counts as a broken tackle?

Copped 3 of those. Then there was when we got a free for something else, Harley reacts out of the middle, runs away from his oppo who had half assed laid an arm him and takes the advantage... apparently that is credited as a broken tackle also?

Realistically i think it was probably more like 4 or so actual broken tackles. Which is still quite impressive.

Grundy, Heeney, Cunningham, Rowbottom, someone at last centre bounce of 3rd term (can’t tell who), McLean, and then fend off on 2nd player (Gulden?).

Grundy, Heeney, Cunningham, Rowbottom, someone at last centre bounce of 3rd term (can’t tell who), McLean, and then fend off on 2nd player (Gulden?).

Papley he copped a good don't argue sweet to. Quite delish.

Grundy yes, Heeney yes, Rowbottom don't argue yes.

They probably count the one where he kicked his goal as a broken tackle, or in Kelli Underwoods case... TWO broken tackles.

Hmm maybe the numbers are legit afterall, looks like there's more i haven't seen. i've only watched the VFL.com highlights in that short clip rather than Alesanna's good one's because they don't work on the work computer :sadv1:

Papley he copped a good don't argue sweet to. Quite delish.

Grundy yes, Heeney yes, Rowbottom don't argue yes.

They probably count the one where he kicked his goal as a broken tackle, or in Kelli Underwoods case... TWO broken tackles.

Hmm maybe the numbers are legit afterall, looks like there's more i haven't seen. i've only watched the VFL.com highlights in that short clip rather than Alesanna's good one's because they don't work on the work computer :sadv1:

They look legit to me. Originally I included the Melican contest as a broken tackle, and then took it off.

Watch the extended version of the highlights on afl.com instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like Reid and Dusty have a similar fend off, but Reid is more slippery, can arch his back like Toby Greene and Cousins to give would be tacklers the slip

Feel like Reid and Dusty have a similar fend off, but Reid is more slippery, can arch his back like Toby Greene and Cousins to give would be tacklers the slip

Whaaa? I reckon dusty is as slippery as the come. He fends and evades with a bit of burst speed.

I feel like Reid has ridiculous core strength and has a mentality more akin to Cripps or Fyfe. He will just run straight over you. Seeing him launch into blokes and get through he looks really heavy, like a wrecking ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back