Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he offers experience in a backline still years from maturity. Additionally, our backline at full strength is quite tall. There could be room for someone smaller to take care of the Stengel types all teams have one of.
I always thought he was well regarded for his kicking and passing. Once again, our backline could do with more players like this.

He won't be a star player but he surely improves us at this point of our development.
If we push Laird back into defence, do we still have room for Daniel? I know they are different players, but we only have a limited number of spots back there. Murray, Keane, Worrell, Michalanney, Hinge are all locks. Only really leaves one spot on the field plus one reserve.

And how much extra are they paying Rozee, Butters, Houston etc?
Their list drops away pretty quickly after their top end. The bottom 20 players on their list are absolute fodder, not helped by the fact they've traded away nearly all their picks over the last 2-3 years.

Aliir was actually cleared of concussion this time, but Port have played it safe and ruled him out to avoid scrutiny after the last "concussion".
Is there any bar lower to clear than a Port concussion test?

Seed had genuine line-breaking speed and booming kick. Two things Sholl doesn’t have?
Seed was also very weak in the contest and non existent with defensive pressure when he first come to us. Some changes to his body type and he should have become an AA wingman. In any case I'd like to see how he goes with many extra kg's on his frame. Not sure it'll happen though.

I could see us delisting him, another club taking a punt & us regretting it later. No guarantees of course, just think its crazy we haven't made him bulk up to see if he looks a better player with more power & strength.

I dunno about Daniel.

The last couple of years his disposal and decision making have deteriorated significantly. Personally I wouldn’t pursue him unless he was dirt cheap and just hope a change of scenery turns him around
That was the impression I got reading comments from Dogs supporters. Media was going in to bat for him hard but their own supporters somewhat weren't so fussed. Kind of like when lots of Crows supporters wanted Crouch out but media just wanted to focus on the stat sheet & kept asking where he was.

Caleb Daniel would be a massive upgrade on Smith. The only downside is Daniel doesn’t have to long kicks in him but we have plenty of those with Worrell, Keane and Murray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb Daniel would be a massive upgrade on Smith. The only downside is Daniel doesn’t have to long kicks in him but we have plenty of those with Worrell, Keane and Murray.
At least we know we won’t see any of those damn ‘long to the right’ kick ins that we love from him 😂

Yes, Crows coach extension
Dying Laughing Pants GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back