Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep - 3 or 4 at each of the 18 teams. We have the second worst forward line in the competition.

Theres 700+ players in the competition.

Calsher was one of the last players added to an AFL list - and we all agree it’s our horrible injury / suspension situation which has him debuting this week.

Anyhow - selection has been made and we all hope for the best. 👍

This is a really interesting take, on something everyone else on this board is celebrating.

Questioning why club social media and website have been trumped by a media outlet.
They haven’t been trumped though.

It was clearly by design, hence why they got Andy Collins to talk to Jake.

That last comment from Gunner makes it all worthwhile bringing him back to the club, great mentor.

"I'll be with you every step of the way with ya whether at the club or not"

If Gunners is 193cms, I reckon Calsh is a touch more than the 195cm he's listed at.

Not sure I agree that’s purely a result of injury. Would have been named if he was playing poorly at Box Hill?
Pretty confident this debut wouldn’t be happening if Chol didn’t get suspended.

No one is getting dropped to fit him in.

However that’s the state of our list and fortunately Calsher gets a gig having played good footy at VFL level.

Will be an emotional day for the Dear family. Imagine if number#13 Dylan Moore kicks the ball to Calsher for his first goal. Goosebumps.

That last comment from Gunner makes it all worthwhile bringing him back to the club, great mentor.

Okay, I get why we brought back Gunner now.

Now back to cutting the rest of those onions.

This hidden video has just given a glimpse I had under-appreciated; there is more in getting Gunston back to the club
than just whether he plays constantly in the AFL side each week or not...our side currently needs as many mentors/leaders
at Hodge standard as possible. I'll never forget his Dad's mountain-size quads in the 80s...and gee our forward line is atrocious for tall but mobile KPPs at the moment..

Would have gone so much higher if he didn't take that 18 months off, trajectory has been fantastic

Kicked 14 goals last year playing local u19s as a 17-year-old

Now averaging 3.8 shots on goal a week in the second highest level in the country as an 18-year-old

He actually kicked 44 goals in 6 games of VAFA u19s last year hahaha.

He actually kicked 44 goals in 6 games of VAFA u19s last year hahaha.

Not to be a smartarse, genuinely curious - what is the overall quality of the VAFA U19s like? Would you reasonably be expecting a likely draftee to be going in there and destroying sides?

Not to be a smartarse, genuinely curious - what is the overall quality of the VAFA U19s like? Would you reasonably be expecting a likely draftee to be going in there and destroying sides?

It’s not bad. VAFA Prem is probably the best local comp in Victoria. He kicked 3 in his only senior game.

Exciting time for Calsher and his family. As he said it will be nervous time but I sure that we will all be supportive. As a Box Hill watcher I have been more than happy with his development. Calsher has been a courageous and determined player in his short time with us. Opportunity has come and we will see his first steps as an AFL player.
Good luck young man and I wish him well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember a debut game can mean many things, Jonathan Brown had 1 possession he went on to a great career. I just live the father son rule, it is always great to see the family tradition continue...

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Not as good as Roughy.
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Remember a debut game can mean many things, Jonathan Brown had 1 possession he went on to a great career. I just live the father son rule, it is always great to see the family tradition continue...

Yeah spot on. Barely any key forwards have come onto the scene in year 1 and dominated. The last one was probably Jack Darling.

Exciting stuff . Got no doubt we have a player here .
Would I have held off , absolutely but the club deem him right to go so I'm all for it .

Keep expectations in check and enjoy the debut , think we will be watching him over the next decade and a bit .

Great stuff from Gunners , what a champion. Worth way more then his on field stuff and this shows it .

It’s not bad. VAFA Prem is probably the best local comp in Victoria. He kicked 3 in his only senior game.
I remember arguing with someone about the VAFA and he was convinced that other leagues were better because they paid their players and the VAFA don't, meanwhile I was working with multiple ex AFL players who happened to all play for University Blues, and all work at the same company on $200k + salaries.

I remember arguing with someone about the VAFA and he was convinced that other leagues were better because they paid their players and the VAFA don't, meanwhile I was working with multiple ex AFL players who happened to all play for University Blues, and all work at the same company on $200k + salaries.

Yeah uni blues are pretty notorious for getting players to the club and waiving uni fees also. They get paid dw about that 😂

Larkey didn't even touch the ball in his first game. Now he's an elite KPF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back