Who will be EFC's next Brownlow Medallist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Blow Hard

That's a horrible idea, what time?
Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Fighting Lagers, SF Giants
Wondering who you all believe has, or will have the vote getting capability to be the next Essendon player to join the elite Browlow Medalist club.

I believe Jay Nash will one day win the Brownlow. I think he has shown enough skill, poise and polish to one day be one of our superstars. He has proven he can get lots of the ball. I believe he will be a cosistent 20 - 30 + possesion winner in the future.

Wondering who you all believe has, or will have the vote getting capability to be the next Essendon player to join the elite Browlow Medalist club.

I believe Jay Nash will one day win the Brownlow. I think he has shown enough skill, poise and polish to one day be one of our superstars. He has proven he can get lots of the ball. I believe he will be a cosistent 20 - 30 + possesion winner in the future.
I agree on nash and i think it could be any of:
Stanton
Watson
Nash
Monfries
Ryder (the wildcard)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bachar Houli, he has great skills, the necessary flashy part to his game where he seems to swoop the ball up from ground level at full tilt, looks amazing, when his confidence and descision making improve he, I think will be a 30 plus possesion winner in the midfield that will kick goals and turn games.

Stanton could be the next Robert Harvey?

Nash will be a very solid contributer without being too flashy, may not get noticed.

Watson could be the next Scott West, just miss out all of the time

Ryder one of my favourites, will be brilliant to watch but may have the same fate as Reiwolt and Carey(midfielders award).

Short term Brent Stanton; does get a few votes.

In the medium term Tom Hislop. Not for a few years but boy oh boy look out in around 2010.

Long term Paddy Ryder, I really believe he will be at his peak in the 26 to 30 year age group (see Adam Goodes).

We may have some good players but lets get serious nobody on our list is really good enough unless it's one of the young guys like bachar or jetta they are the only 2 i could see winning it at the moment.

sorry guys provided the right chance laycock may one day come very very close to winning one he is going to be the best thing that hit essendon in the last few years

sorry guys provided the right chance laycock may one day come very very close to winning one he is going to be the best thing that hit essendon in the last few years
Interesting call. I can foresee him getting quite a few 3-vote games. My problem is whether or not he can string 10-15 really good performances together in one season, and whether he can do enough in the other games to give him a chance of winning 1 vote even on an off day. I personally doubt it - plenty of great ruckmen have struggled on BL night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back