Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that ALP supposed scare campaigns will make a difference. The public know how inept this Liberal govt is and will vote accordingly to throw them out of office.

Well I so disagree, there is climate change, housing, tax cuts, jobs, gas, electricity, NBN, medicare, education, penalty rates etc way up in importance to the typical voter.
Think they will have enough problems defending those without trying to attack.
Explains my recent post.

Well I so disagree, there is climate change, housing, tax cuts, jobs, gas, electricity, NBN, medicare, education, penalty rates etc way up in importance to the typical voter.
Think they will have enough problems defending those without trying to attack.

We will see but until last year the libs had the runs on the board when it came to running fear campaigns and I doubt that's going to change.

We will see but until last year the libs had the runs on the board when it came to running fear campaigns and I doubt that's going to change.
Not now, they are damaged. Abbott saw to that and Malcolm has dashed the hopes of the swinging voter.

Perhaps, but I think the LNP coup was a lot less damaging politically than the ALP one. The LNP actually drew up a narrative to the public on why Abbott had to go and the party is a lot less polarized than the ALP. And while there has been some sniping it's still nowhere near KRudd levels. MT is still a big favorite to make it to the next election imo.
Wait until after the next challenge and see how it compares.

Parts of NSW Greens are pretty trippy, but even they are nothing like Hanson. I wouldn't class the Greens as "extreme" at all, although certain individuals are at least on some issues. Not that Hanson is necesarily "right" when it comes the economy and stuff, just nuts. She's clearly extreme when it comes to matter of "race".

Hahaha, nah, Linda's right, they're so extreme. Federal ICAC, banning political donations, against privatisation, abolish capital gains tax, abolish negative gearing, abolish stamp duty tax, a revolution in energy, of solar, wind, and tidal farms, no more cuts to public healthcare and public education, tax transparency (1/3 of big business pay no tax: ATO fact). Yeah, can't have any of that.

Also, I've never seen Turnbull or Shorten destroy someone the way Di Natale destroyed Bolt.

Hahaha, nah, Linda's right, they're so extreme. Federal ICAC, banning political donations, against privatisation, abolish capital gains tax, abolish negative gearing, abolish stamp duty tax, a revolution in energy, of solar, wind, and tidal farms, no more cuts to public healthcare and public education, tax transparency (1/3 of big business pay no tax: ATO fact). Yeah, can't have any of that.

Also, I've never seen Turnbull or Shorten destroy someone the way Di Natale destroyed Bolt.

Holy s**t, someone should tell Bolt he's nowhere near a good enough journo to Gonzo up his stories. He should just stick to misrepresenting facts, he's good at that.

They better hurry up with the Snowy Scheme
Those extra 500,000 homes it will power should be filled by the time its built based on population growth
100,000 a year to NSW and 123,000 to Vic every year
http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/3101.0

Dont think there will be any extra capacity for SA after that.

Those two policies are going real well now.

Thats not really the ALPs fault.

The libs are just incompetent at inplementing policy (possibly deliberately).

NBN, NDIS etc should all be true nation building programs. Instead this Liberal government has bollocksed them up completely while still somehow spending way more than Labor. Mostly in directly handing funds to their political donors as either concessions or bribes to "plz stop polluting... ;)"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats not really the ALPs fault.

The libs are just incompetent at inplementing policy (possibly deliberately).

NBN, NDIS etc should all be true nation building programs. Instead this Liberal government has bollocksed them up completely while still somehow spending way more than Labor. Mostly in directly handing funds to their political donors as either concessions or bribes to "plz stop polluting... ;)"

IIRC neither were properly funded at the start.

So Malcolm is thinking of making house prices even higher whilst leaving a future retired generation dependant on welfare:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-16/super-for-housing-deposits-intergenerational-theft/8360890

I never took him for an idiot. A little spineless maybe, but not stupid.
Its not stupid. Its bad for people but its not stupid.

Point 1. People are concerned over the price of housing. Very concerned. Any government must be seen to do something.

Point 2. Whichever government is in charge next time the "R" word is officially recognised will get kicked. Governments can't afford a recession, oppositions can - until they become governments.

Point 3. Our very low GDP growth will go negative if any major part of the economy gets a shock. Housing is major part of the economy. The government in charge when the ponsi scheme blows up will be in serious trouble, rapid turnover and high prices of housing are a significant contributor to GDP - if the market returns to decent prices with owner-occupiers the recession may well be a depression.

Therefore, government has every incentive to be seen to do something about housing prices, and every incentive for that to actually make things worse. To actually do something reduce housing costs - buying or rental - risks being the government in charge when "recession" is officially recognised.
While this may be another "recession we have to have", and the housing bubble can't keep going as it has forever, holding it off as long as possible regardless of the long term problems is politically the only thing to do. Unless you are planning retirement soon for yourself and most of your party.

The home owners boost in Victoria is no different. It adds to the problem, in order to be seen to do something while in fact pumping it up to avoid bad "growth" numbers.

Allowing people to use super for housing is dangerous and risks destroying the whole purpose of the super scheme, which is to allow people to live comfortably in retirement without being a burden on the government. While the home is an asset that appreciates into retirement, it's not one that can fund your retirement if you are still living in it.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...rriage-says-peter-dutton-20170318-gv11uh.html

Immigration Minister Peter Dutton says the Turnbull government "won't be bullied" by chief executives who have campaigned in favour of same-sex marriage, lashing the country's business leaders for a third day in a row.

" No , WE'RE the only ones allowed to bully over SSM !!!!! "

And the morons over at SALTY PENSIONER AM :tm: worship this crinkle-cut
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Next PM
plz........

Yep, all the libs have to do is look half presentable (a challenge I know) and they can run about 4 fear scare campaigns against ALP/Shorten at the next election. And the ALP have already used all their scare campaign capital at the last election, they won't be able to run on mediscare this time around.

Allowing people to use super for housing is dangerous and risks destroying the whole purpose of the super scheme, which is to allow people to live comfortably in retirement without being a burden on the government. While the home is an asset that appreciates into retirement, it's not one that can fund your retirement if you are still living in it.

There's a line of opinion that if you give too much in tax cuts to boost participation for the top end in super. You may as wall night the bullet and have a fully funded state pension for everyone

Abbott didn't try to undermine all the institutions that are critical of democracy save for a couple of departments. But trump is trying to undermine the whole system. The entire public service and the free media. It's one step away from civil war. Trump also appears to suffer from serious mental health problems.

This has definitely come to the fore with his consistent claims Obama wire tapped him, but not really it could have been the TV or the microwave....
Has a President ever been committed?

Dutton makes no sense whatsoever. Banging on about culture wars and freedom of speech while completely overlooking the contradiction that people campaigning for gay marriage are exercising THEIR freedom of speech. Just ridiculous.

Why doesn't someone ask him why its ok for Twiggy and Gina to spend a small fortune to essentially dictate policy to an incumbent government so as to avoid paying tax but not for Ian Chappell to write a column questioning the wisdom of Adanis mine?

Or for the mining industry to sponsor the Libs in the form of donations and effectively write their own energy policies to the detriment of the environment and a forward looking renewables industry?

This is all kosher apparently but let a couple of uppity CEO's say in public that gay people should have equal rights or that we should be investing renewables and not locking up and torturing children on Manus Island and thats apparently somehow attacking free speech and they should all just suck it up and shut up and let the born to rules get on with it.

He doesn't even try and be consistent with logic and seems to believe if he tries to be the most deliberately ignorant & heartless nazi bastard in a very strong field its going to get him the top job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back