Round 2: Bye
Round 3: VM v VC at Punt Road, Sat Jun 24 @ 2.30pm
Round 4: VC v WA at Etihad Stadium, Fri Jun 30 @ 2.10pm
Round 5: VC v SA at Simonds Stadium, Wed July 5 @ 4.40pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Vic Country squad announced.
Not sure if made public yet.
Only a couple of surprises for mine.
Boys playing Sunday however fair few boys will have school footy or be rested.

Know Metro aren't playing their "certainties" and they're playing school footy so expecting Country to do the same. Especially considering it's a half-strength Allies squad.

Yep
Country have a lot of their better players playing school footy.

My vic country side

Floyd Claravino Clark
Benson Butts Ling
Dow. Worpel oBrien
Miers Garoni Johnston
Daniels De Koning Jiath
Williams Davies-Uniacke Parish
Meek Quigley Darling Fletcher Barzen McCartin

Vic country will be terrific through the midfield but lack quality talks.
Wellings and Paton especially unlucky I think this side may be a tall short.

Darling will not be fit for champs

Darling will not be fit for champs

Will be out for the season with his ACL - poor kid. Will be interesting to see how clubs view him - as at least others such as Simpkin/Witherden didn't get injured until May so had some football ahead of them.

Anyone surprised about Domic missing out?

I wasn't - reckon he's very outside and at times look a bit 'frightened' with contact. Was with DPS thought Duursma or even Tom Berry would be worth a spot as a bottom ager. I wouldn't draft Domic - reckon Johnston + maybe Meek are the only two draftable from GWV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't - reckon he's very outside and at times look a bit 'frightened' with contact. Was with DPS thought Duursma or even Tom Berry would be worth a spot as a bottom ager. I wouldn't draft Domic - reckon Johnston + maybe Meek are the only two draftable from GWV
Jacob Atley is another bottom age player that was stiff. Domic has been too hot and cold this year with plenty of other wingman ahead of him this year.

Disagree big time re Domic and I've seen plenty of him live to back that up too, good speed, good user and I've never witnessed him shirk a contest so I don't know where you get that 'frightened' rubbish from. Berry was off early the last time he played here at Eureka Stadium with what looked to be a lower leg injury and was on crutches after the game?

Disagree big time re Domic and I've seen plenty of him live to back that up too, good speed, good user and I've never witnessed him shirk a contest so I don't know where you get that 'frightened' rubbish from. Berry was off early the last time he played here at Eureka Stadium with what looked to be a lower leg injury and was on crutches after the game?

It's not rubbish - I've seen plenty of him to make a judge and speaking to club recruiters they share the same points.

Contested percentage of 30% is one of the lowest in the TAC Cup this year too...

It's not rubbish - I've seen plenty of him to make a judge and speaking to club recruiters they share the same points.

Contested percentage of 30% is one of the lowest in the TAC Cup this year too...
So you equate that with the word "frightened"??

Outside player yes, that's fair enough, but "frightened" No.

Surely you understand the connotations that go with the word "frightened" in regard to a footballer.

So you equate that with the word "frightened"??

Outside player yes, that's fair enough, but "frightened" No.

Surely you understand the connotations that go with the word "frightened" in regard to a footballer.

Correct outside player & frightened aren't the same thing.

But there have been certain moments when he hasn't gone in a moment/contest when he needs to - whether that's considered frightened, not going hard enough, not going when he needs to - that's up to interpretation. If you're making him out to be a 'star' there shouldn't be any moments of hesitation and the 'star' would go in and win the contest.

Take your Rebels scarf off and we'll see how it plays out come November.

Correct outside player & frightened aren't the same thing.

But there have been certain moments when he hasn't gone in a moment/contest when he needs to - whether that's considered frightened, not going hard enough, not going when he needs to - that's up to interpretation. If you're making him out to be a 'star' there shouldn't be any moments of hesitation and the 'star' would go in and win the contest.

Take your Rebels scarf off and we'll see how it plays out come November.
Nobody including me is making him out to be a star btw but IMO he does have very draftable attributes, speed, endurance and generally uses it pretty well.
You could have said the same about Tom Williamson last year in that his best football was played on the outside....He seems to be making a fair fist of AFL footy?

Nobody including me is making him out to be a star btw but IMO he does have very draftable attributes, speed, endurance and generally uses it pretty well.
You could have said the same about Tom Williamson last year in that his best football was played on the outside....He seems to be making a fair fist of AFL footy?

Williamson was very outside last year - more so than Domic, but a superb reader of the play and ball user. Elite agility and great endurance.

Williamson was very outside last year - more so than Domic, but a superb reader of the play and ball user. Elite agility and great endurance.
Domic does not have elite agility and endurance and ball use average

Not sure if I missed it, has some one done a best 22 from the Vic Country squad?

For me -

B: Ben Paton, Oscar Clavarino, Ethan Floyd
HB: Kane Farrell, Jordon Butts, Matthew Ling
C: Lochie O'Brien, James Worpel, Hunter Clark
HF: Paddy Dow, Hudson Garoni, Jordan Johnston
F: Brent Daniels, Tom De Koning, Aidan Quigley

Foll: Lloyd Meek, Luke Davies-Uniacke, Cassidy Parish

INT: Bailey Williams, Thomas Boyd, Zane Barzen, Gryan Miers, Ned McHenry

CJ, McCartin, Walsh, Darling injured

Would expect another tall defender but don't rate Henness and Jaska at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back