Preview 1st Preliminary Final-Adelaide vs Geelong, Adelaide Oval Friday 22nd Sept 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bookies have them favourites due to the amount of money having been bet on them.

Geelong are the better team, it's merely the outlay that determines the odds.
You obviously don't punt. Wagers can fluctuate the market but the bookies set the odds to start with. Of course the Crows are hot favs and they deserve to be.

Adelaide's the best team in the comp at the moment, and by some distance - they were able to put the cue in the rack for the last fortnight and still finished top, before absolutely demolishing GWS. They also gave us a massive touch-up in the same fixture earlier this year. We're starting well and truly the underdogs and so if there's a risk in selecting Cocky, it's still worth it.
Yep, still not convinced it's a risk worth taking. Are you happy with him getting a hammy 10 minutes in? 'Massive touch up'? We weren't that far off last time and they were absolutely primed to get us. We will be better this time. They won't be much better. Effectively tagging Sloane ( who will surely be underdone) will make a big difference. Hawkins will turn up. Those crouch bros can take a hike. I give us a real chance. Not sure why everyone sees cocky as the saviour though!

Yep, still not convinced it's a risk worth taking. Are you happy with him getting a hammy 10 minutes in? 'Massive touch up'? We weren't that far off last time and they were absolutely primed to get us. We will be better this time. They won't be much better. Effectively tagging Sloane will make a big difference. Hawkins will turn up. I give us a real chance. Not sure why everyone sees cocky as the saviour though!
We were four goals down by quarter time and the game was effectively over by ten minutes into the second when the lead hit six goals - getting a few when the heat was out of the game made the margin flatter us.

Cocky's not the saviour, but he does offer more than Parsons. In the last two weeks, we've effectively played with 21 players because he's just run totally out of gas. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but anything would be an upgrade on five touches and four free kicks against.

We were four goals down by quarter time and the game was effectively over by ten minutes into the second when the lead hit six goals - getting a few when the heat was out of the game made the margin flatter us.

Cocky's not the saviour, but he does offer more than Parsons. In the last two weeks, we've effectively played with 21 players because he's just run totally out of gas. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but anything would be an upgrade on five touches and four free kicks against.
Cocky is a good addition, if he stays on the field and yep, offers more than Parsons. And he is an integral part of our future for me. Have you watched parsons work on the replay-he is working hard and having an effect with his scrapping.( have only seen a quarter and a half admittedly on replay). Crows have injury concerns too but a man down early on-I don't like it in finals. We might just be in better shape than them physically so let's play to that. But you may be right! I just don't know.

3-4 Spots open are Parfitt, Parsons, Guthrie maybe Stewart if his Hammy doesnt come up, it will be hard to leave any out but Domsy comes in and I have a feeling Murdoch and cocky will come in with leg speed supposed to be great weather ...
Parfitt cannot come out. Composed hff are too important

INSERT THE utensil!
No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it is going to be a battle of the medical staffs with Stewart and McGovern trying to get their hammies right for the game
The #feederclub are dropping like flies!

Last edited:
Not sure if its been answer, but I do know some have asked about tickets for Friday - for those wondering about the prices for Friday Night.
Adelaide Oval Week 3 (Adult, Concession & Junior - no family):

Category 1: $184 $138 $55
Category 2: $157 $118 $47
Category 3: $126 $95 $38
Category 4: $89 $67 $27
Category 5: $65 $49 $20
The Hill & Restricted View: $65 $49 $20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back