Planning for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Nicnat. :/

Also there'll be a full time midfield spot open at Eagles next year. So... either Duggan steps up, or something happens.... which could be interesting... although we haven't been fantasy relevant in the mids since Cousins.

If Rioli gets through a good preseason he'll also be a nice cheap rookie priced player that should be best 22 from Round 1.

Last edited:

I think there are a few that could score above their average based on finishes to the season. Or injury reducing their average.

Matt Scharenberg ended season well. priced at 77
JJ priced at 76 who knows
Birchall if fit and priced at 68 won't be a keeper but surely outscores a price of 68

Jack Steven previous gun. will be priced well
Brandon Ellis will be priced at 84. Scored below that only once in final 13 rounds. Great if still a defender.
Jack Redden with the ansence of Priddis and Mitchell should play full time mid and will likely outscore his 84 average
Robbie Gray pending pre season role.
Harley Bennell depending on price reduction. If priced at 46 and Coke free.

Gawn at price of 86 average.

James Sicily ended the season well (but that 24???)

Possible people on my watchlist from just scrolling through underpriced players.

Gawn, rockliff, Jack Graham and Dion Prestia on my radar at the moment.
Graham going to expensive, so unless you are thinking he'll go 85+ on average I'd be steering clear...Fiorini last season started at $512,000 after just 2 games av 111.

Brandon Ah Chee has to be worth a look for a bench spot if he moves to WCE.

Graham going to expensive, so unless you are thinking he'll go 85+ on average I'd be steering clear...Fiorini last season started at $512,000 after just 2 games av 111.

Brandon Ah Chee has to be worth a look for a bench spot if he moves to WCE.

Ah, I was thinking he'd be more around the 300k mark which would be worth the punt.

Ah, I was thinking he'd be more around the 300k mark which would be worth the punt.
Can only hope, but I'm guessing Graham will be in the $430,000-$450,000 bracket.

Given the Power have recruited Rocky, Motlop & are looking at Watts I think you can put a line through most of their youth players too. eg. Atley, Snelling & maybe Marshall too.

Guessing their will be some value in North players given they continue to go with youth - Ahern & Hibberd come to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Menegola lock for premium FWD, Mathieson & Parish highly considered.
Yeo a premium DEF option to replace Docherty.

Menegola lock for premium FWD, Mathieson & Parish highly considered.
Yeo a premium DEF option to replace Docherty.
I was thinking more along the lines of Hibberd or Simpson after what Yeo has done to me over the past years.

Trying to find the list of all players which usually comes out around early December, but only bits on social media at present.
Lobb R only
Cox F/R
Z.Jones M only
Angus Brayshaw D/M
Deledio F only
Ryan Clark D only?

Last edited:
Will Menegola get as much mid time with Ablett there too now? Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Duncan, Scooter to compete with
If the cats want to move forward then I can't see them only running the big guns truth the midfield the whole season. Infact I can see both Ablett and Danger playing in tandem up forward which will be more than enough to cause all teams defensive issues. This leaves them to play Menegola, Selwoods & Duncan in the guts and rotate the other 2 through in big games and crunch moments.

Will Menegola get as much mid time with Ablett there too now? Danger, Ablett, Selwood, Duncan, Scooter to compete with
Don't think so. Usually he gets more mid time when one of those guys are injured. For example Menegola average with Joel Selwood and/or Danger playing=95, Menegola average without Joel Selwood and/or Danger playing=121.

Drawing board attempt #1. $403k remaining....

D: L.McDonald, Touhy, Williams, Birchall, O'Shea, Doodee, Morgan (BEN), Murray (BEN).

M: J.Kelly, M.Crouch, MaCrae, Fyfe, L.Weller, LDU, Andrew Brayshaw, Dow, Mutch (BEN), Freeman (BEN).

F: Barlow, Billings, Heeney, Lobb, Bennell, Venebles, W.Riolo (BEN), Ahern (BEN).

R: Sandilands, NicNat, English (BEN), McInerney (BEN).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back