Scandal Tex Walker's impact in finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If I were a guessing man I would expect he was told that given his age and body we would be prioritising other players and not to expect a lot of senior footy.
Probably figured it is not worth putting his body through 2-3 (including this one) more seasons only to play 2s.

If I were a guessing man I would expect he was told that given his age and body we would be prioritising other players and not to expect a lot of senior footy.
Probably figured it is not worth putting his body through 2-3 (including this one) more seasons only to play 2s.

Would like to know how long he is contracted for and when he signed it

Would like to know how long he is contracted for and when he signed it

From what the club has indicated he was contracted until the end of 2018 however extended his contract until 2020 at a lower amount per year in order to relieve salary cap space / stay with Swans until end of his career. Not sure exactly when but either in 2016 or early 2017.

This may or may not have been the amount he was going to earn over those years spread over a longer time, or slightly more as a package. Nobody is really sure.

From what the club has indicated he was contracted until the end of 2018 however extended his contract until 2020 at a lower amount per year in order to relieve salary cap space / stay with Swans until end of his career. Not sure exactly when but either in 2016 or early 2017.

This may or may not have been the amount he was going to earn over those years spread over a longer time, or slightly more as a package. Nobody is really sure.

Surely not retiring with 3 years of cobtract left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a good plan for someone about to retire. Instead of coping a big pay hit in one season spread it out over multiple seasons. This is the period where Buddy is getting mega cash and salary cap is biting.

For the amount of money he’s getting I would keep going. Where else is he going to find a job with a 500k salary?

For the amount of money he’s getting I would keep going. Where else is he going to find a job with a 500k salary?

Perhaps there are clauses in his contract (in all contracts?)?

If a doctor said he wouldn't be able to play at this level he may be forced to retire?

Just guessing. Who knows, could be all bs.

If it's true I have a feeling he's going to move back to the Gold Coast and take up a coaching role with us. A new position just opened up with Nick Malceski moving into the NEAFL coaching role so there's a spot for him if the two parties wish to do so. Plus, a quick look on his instagram shows his two most recent photos are of him on the Gold Coast with mates.

If it's true I have a feeling he's going to move back to the Gold Coast and take up a coaching role with us. A new position just opened up with Nick Malceski moving into the NEAFL coaching role so there's a spot for him if the two parties wish to do so. Plus, a quick look on his instagram shows his two most recent photos are of him on the Gold Coast with mates.
That would be a huge mistake on GC part IMO.

We surely don’t need to turn this one into a 2016 GF troll thread.

Was a good player a few years back. Very good in 2015. Problem is he moved for big coin and didn’t deliver when needed. Swans never needed both him and Franklin and if they’d known Lance would become available I doubt they’d have traded for him.

We surely don’t need to turn this one into a 2016 GF troll thread.

Was a good player a few years back. Very good in 2015. Problem is he moved for big coin and didn’t deliver when needed. Swans never needed both him and Franklin and if they’d known Lance would become available I doubt they’d have traded for him.
They didn't trade for Tippet. He went straight to them for nothing in the pre-season draft. And yet somehow the Swans still overpaid for him based on what he's delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back