Training 2018 Pre Season Discussion and Progress

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing we are the number 1 defensive team but one of the worst teams from kick ins and taking the ball out

That has to be fixed ASAP

Long bomb to the boundary doesn’t work
Particularly with 1 less tall to bomb it too (Tippo).

I think we need to get Newman kicking it again. He had such a nice kick out of defence for a while there IMO.

Particularly with 1 less tall to bomb it too (Tippo).

I think we need to get Newman kicking it again. He had such a nice kick out of defence for a while there IMO.
This is why I always felt more comfortable with 2 rucks. It allows you to keep a tall at FF, and 1-2 talls at the half way to help the kicks out of defense. We used to put Pyke at the half back point along the wing, his job was either to make the mark or contest it over the line. Reid does a pretty good job of it as well but oi you have no one to kick it to quickly then you get caught out

Last edited:
Sorry to intrude guys but was looking at stats and Josh Kennedy's dominance in contested possessions is incredible, leading the comp between 2012-16, so five years. Sorry for the randomness but never quite realised he was that dominant. Probably the best contested possession player in the last 20 years even beating Simon Black which is incredible. Oh and good luck in 2018, hope we keep many Victorian sides out of the top 8.
That's why we traded Mitchell and not Kennedy. Thing is Mitchell will probably win a Brownlow by standing out in an ordinary midfield while Kennedy will keep racking up the CPs.

Ollie has definitely had some gains.
Childs-1802-01623A.jpg

Oliver+Florent+AFL+Rd+2+Western+Bulldogs+v+6o52jmGivJyl.jpg

I feel as though this is the quietist preseason ever. Literally nothing happens at this club I’m so bored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressed that a praccy match stream actually has replays! Ball movement has been good. Harry butchers with the best in the league. Allir gets a HTB against for running into a guy. Thought you had to actually lay a tackle to get that free. Sinkers has done some good things, forwards look spritely. Rohan has been putting some good pressure on with his pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back