Worst physical pain you've experienced on the football field

Remove this Banner Ad

Was playing full back and got told to go up in the ruck. Wiry tough sticker covered rat from the oppos liver punched me from behind. Thought someone from the crowd had threw a brick at me. About ten minutes later tackled the bugger near the boundary line and slung him head first into the local mechanics advertising board. He told me he was going to fight me after the game. I asked him if I won would his husband cook me a nice dinner over at his place. He gave me this strange look and jogged off. We lost by 98 points and we shook hands after the game and that was that.

reminds me of a story i had forgotten until now!

I used to play full back/ruck in defence in the 90s. In the depths of winter i was having a cracking game chopping off everything when the play bogged down near the boundary line about 60m out from the opp goals. This germanic looking lanky piece of s**t from Studfield Hawks (like a stretched out Bros twin) was the ruckman, who proceeded to knee me in the back 2 throw ins in a row to the point where i ended up on my guts on the ground TWICE, but no free.

i was absolutely boiling witb rage (mainly at the s**t ump) but held it together enough to out think him for my revenge.

3rd throw in, i sidestepped him as he came in with the knee for a third time, and as he followed up the ball to the boundary line, i hunted him down into a 270 degree spin and launch point blank into the metal boundary sign.

dunno how i didnt get reported got dragged by tne coach.

i dont regret anything.

[QUOTE="tonygeeks, post: 55617486

I dislocated my little finger two days ago at the middle joint playing with the kids out in the yard as a fill in PE teacher. The doc had to pull and twist it numerous times and still wasn’t satisfied he got it back in the socket. That hurt much more than the dislocation.

48 hours later I’m still in heaps of pain. Dislocated finger experts, is this normal???

ive popped, dislocated and broken too many fingers to remember. one never forgets the concentrated pain.

2 days out if its stiff mainly when you flex and pain is ancillary, give it time. my experience is ice will still help now. if its mainly overwhelming pain its probably a hairline fracture at best. X-ray time mate.

ive popped, dislocated and broken too many fingers to remember. one never forgets the concentrated pain.

2 days out if its stiff mainly when you flex and pain is ancillary, give it time. my experience is ice will still help now. if its mainly overwhelming pain its probably a hairline fracture at best. X-ray time mate.

Ha ha thanks mate but it's been like that for 10 years , the inside ligaments are stuffed so the stronger ones on the outside have been dragging it outwards , I'll get it fixed one day

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was in the ruck against Avery rotund fella, we both went up, we both came down unceremoniously. I came down first he landed on my back with my shoulder caught underneath me. The pressure caused my clavicle to break, very painful, just sitting up or simply putting on a shirt hurt immensely. Nothing the doc can do, just have to wait it out for six or so weeks.

The pain I've always hated in every sport I've played is when the ball hits you in the freezing cold, in the wet, in the face or inner thigh.

Had it playing AFL, Soccer (I was keeper, cold wet tassie mornings as a keeper were NOT fun), Rugby and the worst of the lot is copping a frozen ice hockey puck to the inner thigh. Only real exposed place on an Ice Hockey players body with zero protection

I’ve been pretty lucky.
Couple of mild concussions, corkies, couple of incidental strikes to the twig and berries.
Getting the wind knocked out of you is the worst though. I’ve had a couple of bone breaks and sprained ligaments from non-footy incidents and would take them over some of the windings I’ve got. Feeling like you legitimately won’t get able to breath much longer is no fun.

Playing a game in wet weather when i attacked the ball and tried to kick it off the ground. Another player from the opposite team came from the other direction and did the same. We both kicked each others shins at full kicking force.

Didnt break my leg but **** me it made a cracking sounds and my shin and foot were swollen for 3 weeks.

Looking back at it now we are lucky either of us didnt snap our legs in half.

Similar incident last year at our club.
Go from the opposition side had a compound fracture of the tibia.
That was to go with the guy from our side who Jake Stringered himself in round 2 and ended up with a compound tibial fracture as well.

Had a apprentice who diced a 3kg bag of chillies before going on break and catching up with his girlfriend.

She made him sleep on the couch for a month and he always wore gloves when chopping chillies after that.
It's nasty s**t, i chopped some up once and had to go hunting around my snoze for a big gorba, burnt like a mofo, glad i didn't have to take a piss.

Also, don't let your Mrs pleasure you straight after she's cleaned her teeth.

Worst one I remember on the field was a hyper-extended elbow when a big fat f**ker fell across it.

The head clash that snapped my front tooth (even though I was wearing a mouth guard) probably would’ve been worse, but I don’t remember that. Although later on once I came to, right through to finally getting to the dentist on the Monday morning, is an experience I’d rather forget. Not to mention the 10 visits to the dentist it took to get it fixed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respect to this. Are we talking about a full snag burst on the barbie or a tear to the tip area/trunk?

Wasn't a full snag burst but was still a split along the trunk. Went to hospital after the game and the doc told me will need to be stitched. Ended up compromising and going with butterfly tape.

It was actually a deliberate knee by my opponent ruckman as we were face to face jumper punching. To this day 20 years on, if I ever see him out on the street I'm going to deck him.

Came back the following year and played in a box.

Knee to the groin. Extreme pain. When I picked myself up, blood was pouring everywhere. Taken to hospital...split penis was the prognosis. You blokes don't know pain until you've split your old fella. Fortunately for me, was back up in a few months. With a child to boot.

Where do I collect my prize for winning this thread?

Pics or GTFO

Neverdone anything bad yet.. (touchwood )
However i was playing a game last year against the Port Aboriginal Academy and one of my team mates handpass to me as i turn and go the biggest bloke on the team absolutely destroyed me.
Also sparined my ankle and it still recurs regularly

I copped a knee in the chest going back with the flight in the U18 one morning. Knocked the wind out of me. That wasn't the worst pain though, that came later on in the day when I backed up in the Seniors and got into a little push and shove with the bloke I was on. As he grabbed my jumper he push down on my chest and the pain that shot up my chest and back to my grey matter is hard to explain. I started gasping for air and began to make a host of weird noises, I will never forget the look on the blokes face. He would have had no idea what was going on, he let go not because he could see I was in pain but he just didn't want to be in my general area anymore.

that sounds effed up.

so the thigh bone started growing a lump into the muscle? is it still there today?

a similar thing happened to one of the bones in my hand from cricket and the lump is still there

Yep. It’s under my quads. The doctor fully imobolised my leg until the lump smoothes off. Very easy to see on the x-rays.

Guy took a hanger on my shoulders and landed on my groin coming down. Agonizing pain & had to be carried off field by two trainers. Had stud marks on the old fella for a week afterwards.

I've been a soft player for the most part and only recently begun to feel comfortable with more physicality while playing

but the worst pain I've felt was after a game - I actually managed to tackle someone (pretty rare, I'm a slow bastard) and as I brought him down my left arm hit the ground and I felt my shoulder move. Stung for a bit but it eased up and I played out the rest of the game no problems

But at the pub after the game sinking a few pints and someone passed around a joint. Had a drag but as it was spun with tobacco (hate that stuff) it made me cough. That's when the shoulder actually popped out! From coughing after the game! Managed to pop it back in but instead of getting it checked out I had a gig a bit later that night so I just kept drinking and then played the gig with a busted shoulder. Very sore for the next couple of days

This is why I played cricket. You guys are crazy! Good to watch but f*cking crazy!

Cricket can be brutal too, was keeping to a reasonably quick spinner who fired one in, took a wicked bounce off the dodgy pitch & hit me flush in the right eye, never saw it coming & didnt see much out of that eye for a while either, painful as * & a wicked shiner for weeks to boot.

But yeah, these footballers are all nuts;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back