When was the last time you went into a season feeling this positive?!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still feeling positive but the last two weeks have tempered that enthusiasm somewhat. The West Coast game gave us a wakeup call and the Saints game showed that we are only a injury or two away from being dragged back to the pack. Granted the injures occurred early in a game but it does highlight the importance of Jack to our forward structure and the inexperience of our second tier players such as Menadue, Moore and Higgins.

I hope Presta returns this week and Jack plays because I have real concerns how we will go up against a confident Bombers outfit whose suddenly become very unpredictable up forward and whose pressure is comparative to our own atm.

I also worry that teams are spreading our zone and cutting through it as a result. We are not being able to generate the same amount of pressure because we are not able to get numbers to the ball. Our forward pressure has noticably dropped off over the past two weeks. I think this will once again improve once Rioli and Castagna return to the team. Without the pressure and inferred pressure from the small forwards, our defense has been spread and exposed more than it has for almost a year. Finding that forward pressure again quickly will be the difference between finishing top 4 or just scrapping into the eight.

Unless Jack needs a week, I would prefer to see Moore omitted for Rioli and Higgins out for Castagna. Bring back the pressure I say and then the positivity will return :D

I’m loving this season. I think someone started a thread after last year about feeling slightly short changed by not having a year of dominance leading to a flag, which I kind of understood, but now we are more dominant I think I like winning the flag first. If we hadn’t broken the drought I’d be shitting bricks for the rest of the year, instead I’m chillaxed, enjoying the ride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back