Help make me feel better thread..

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows LOL We screwed them for years .
Imagine losing a GRAND FINAL to RICHMOND .

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cows finished on top of the ladder by a draw. 2 premiership points. Richmond ended up winning the most games last year.

1. Red Sox;
2. 2017 Finals Series replay after replay after replay;
9320000100755ICE-1.png

This time of the year in 2013, we'd blown an EF against ******* Carlton, who'd finished 9th.

This time of the year in 2014, we'd blown an EF against Port. Tom Hafey - probably the most significant living Tiger - had passed before Round 9, 2014. Melbourne were 2nd last, and had won 2 games from 8. We had finished 5th the year but found a way to not just lose to those spuds, but lose a truly shameful loss.

This time of the year in 2015, we'd blown an EF against Norf. I left the MCG in tears and it took me a good 18 months before I could enjoy watching my Tigers again.

And all of those times were easier than at this time of the year in 2007, when we had a brand new wooden spoon. 3 wins and 1 draw. We'd been beaten by 157 points by Geelong during the season. AA FB Gaspar retired, after possibly going on too long. Andy Krakouer was going to gaol after a public brawl in Freo and we delisted him. We traded in Jordy McMahon and were actually happy about it. Sigh.

It hurts right now, but compared to the decade prior to last season, we've got plenty to be cheerful about - once the burn stops.

2003 Port won the flag the following year
1999 Bombers did the same
1998 Kangaroos did the same
1991 Eagles did the same

Generally when a team finishes well on top of the ladder they’ve managed to bounce back
Adelaide: "Hold my beer."

2003 Port won the flag the following year
1999 Bombers did the same
1998 Kangaroos did the same
1991 Eagles did the same

Generally when a team finishes well on top of the ladder they’ve managed to bounce back

We are Richmond ,everyone’s grand final though,wonder if the umpires will go for -300 frees against us next year?

Same here. Lambo dropping that chest mark - I completely checked out after that.

Pivotal moment in comeback,could have won it from there,heads dropped after that.

Still not going to bag Lambert,nothing went right for us,Lambert would take that mark in his sleep usually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pivotal moment in comeback,could have won it from there,heads dropped after that.

Still not going to bag Lambert,nothing went right for us,Lambert would take that mark in his sleep usually.

Yep. Still love Lambo but the moment he dropped that mark, that was it. Over and out.

Ok I’ll start

In 2008 After winning a flag in 07 Geelong were unstoppable untill they got beaten grand final day.. they rebounded and won 2 in the next 3 years

Hawks 2012 fall over grand final day bounce back to win 2013 2014 2015

Our best is the most consistent and best but we got smashed against a team who played out of their skins and deserved it

Good off season let’s get back there next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melbourne Demons where far worse v West Coast and showed real issues!!

This time of the year in 2013, we'd blown an EF against ******* Carlton, who'd finished 9th.

This time of the year in 2014, we'd blown an EF against Port. Tom Hafey - probably the most significant living Tiger - had passed before Round 9, 2014. Melbourne were 2nd last, and had won 2 games from 8. We had finished 5th the year but found a way to not just lose to those spuds, but lose a truly shameful loss.

This time of the year in 2015, we'd blown an EF against Norf. I left the MCG in tears and it took me a good 18 months before I could enjoy watching my Tigers again.

And all of those times were easier than at this time of the year in 2007, when we had a brand new wooden spoon. 3 wins and 1 draw. We'd been beaten by 157 points by Geelong during the season. AA FB Gaspar retired, after possibly going on too long. Andy Krakouer was going to gaol after a public brawl in Freo and we delisted him. We traded in Jordy McMahon and were actually happy about it. Sigh.

It hurts right now, but compared to the decade prior to last season, we've got plenty to be cheerful about - once the burn stops.
your absolutely right it wasn't that long ago I had this feeling after round 6

The only good thing about getting older is the perspective you gain. I’d pretty much moved on by half time Friday night.
There must be something wrong with me. Why haven't I moved on yet?

There must be something wrong with me. Why haven't I moved on yet?
Not sure. I thought it was made easier by the fact we totally stunk it up and were gonski early. As I’ve said elsewhere it was even a weird feeling around where I sat because the fans sort of just shook their heads and sort of half laughed it off so surreal was it.
I think a really tight game where you’ve been a winning chance would be much harder to stomach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back