Under 23s trial game between Port & Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

So it seems Lokan was the coach today according to the PAFC article.

Voss definitely was barking instructions on the boundary too.

Yeah Lokan took all the quarter time huddles once they broke from their line coaches. I figured he was in charge based on that.

I noticed at line level it was the assistants who took charge also. Monty, Bass and Schofield all took a back seat.

I’ve heard Ladhams plays a lot of Fortnite

You know what's funny? He actually does. He's ******* good at it too. One of the best in Aus.

Whether that's something to be proud of or not...

Mitch Bailey I would assume?

Lol they are both short but Bailey has the more pronounced beard.

In fact most of our high performance guys are like 2 foot 3 except for Josh Manuel who they pilfered from Westies a while back who is a giant.

Well that was a good game on replay.

Thought Drew, Bonner and Broady were my standouts.

Drew, Farrell, Frampton, Hewett, Marshall, Butters, Garner and Patmore all also impressed with clean hands around the contest.

Loved the intent from butters, duursma and drew to impact the contest. Thought Amon grew into the match.

Only disappointments were Ladhams - no impact, and Burton - Poor kicking. Will be two of Burton, Liebert and Bonner I reckon. JLT will be interesting.

Mahney looks like a looney. Loved it. Needs to rock up to games in a straight jacket and get released just before the siren. I'd be intimidated.

This is exactly how I felt, I love Marshall but he could not take a grab for the life of him. Good key forwards take grabs and kick goals and for me at this stage in their careers Fogarty is ahead of him
Trust me, I couldn't give a crap about them, I just disagree. I was disappointed in Marshall today, and Fogarty was killing us. Fog would've had 15+ touches, 7-8 marks, and Marshall probably 7 and 2.

I love Marshall, just like everyone else and I agree he seems better suited to the game into the future, and I also agree Fogarty is over rated for a guy that only delivers 8 touches and a goal a game on average. However Marshall is yet to do anymore than that yet, they are both super young, and today Fogarty was far more effective and he hurt us today. So what I'm saying is giving Fog crap, but building up Marshall after today is a bit hypocritical.

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is exactly how I felt, I love Marshall but he could not take a grab for the life of him. Good key forwards take grabs and kick goals and for me at this stage in their careers Fogarty is ahead of him

Fogarty doesn't kick goals, he kicks goal.

You know what's funny? He actually does. He's ******* good at it too. One of the best in Aus.

Whether that's something to be proud of or not...
Yeah you’d mentioned it hahaha, that’s how i knew.

Not sure what being the best in Australia as I don’t play/follow much but it’s definitely an achievement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the replay of the game and Brad Crouch had zero influence on the game, in fact his direct opponent Willem Drew was best on ground. Don't know what game the Advertiser was watching, you don't get BOG just because your name is Brad Crouch

This is the sort of "Lovely Boys Echo Chamber" article that's kept them relatively barren since 1998. Hopefully the media never wake up to the fact they're probably hindering more than they're helping them.

I trust early year stats for developing KPFs like I trust a used car salesman's recount of previous owners. Using that reasoning, John Butcher is the greatest dead eye dick to roam the field and John McCarthy would be a GOAT key forward while Warren GT watches him on TV.
And James Sellar is Wayne Carey's heir apparent in the "most likely to shag best mate's SO in the toilet" stakes.

On the Marshall/Fogarty debate, Marshall had 1 goal and 3 goal assists. Two with lightening handballs off his toes (Drew 1Q and Amon 4Q), and a neat pass to Burton (3Q).
Looking forward to the end of any chat re Fogarty on here.
I couldn't give a tuppenny **** about a player who carries a swagger he hasn't earned.
The quick little give offs or blocks in traffic are just as important as stand alone eye-catching moments.
Amon did a lot of unselfish team things yesterday and is rightly named in our best yet a poor kick is seized on
and the Karl's a spud chorus swings into full voice.

Drew v Crouch again who cares. What I saw was a ranga with 1 Maggies game last year(?) yet to play an AFL game
coming off a long term injury take it up to and imo leave one of their pampered 'stars' in his wake.
No wonder we offered Drew a 2yr extension last year when he was out of action.

Yesterday was a breath of fresh air for me. New faces all over the ground, more open faster game style
and for sentimental balance Matty Broadbent running around again. Smiles all round and didn't we need it.
Things have been a bit grim around here lately.

Watched the replay of the game and Brad Crouch had zero influence on the game, in fact his direct opponent Willem Drew was best on ground. Don't know what game the Advertiser was watching, you don't get BOG just because your name is Brad Crouch

Oh yes you do.

The Advertiser’s Sunday Mail has a big write up about Willem in the Sport section. All of the front page and kicks off the game review about Willem.

Carn.

In Marshall's first year he had kicked 1 goal across 3 games. Fogarty kicked 9 across 10 games . The point is there's no realistic and arguable difference between them at the moment. Marshall has had an extra year and arguably done bugger all more. The Fog may be no good, Marshall may be no good, or they might both be superstars, who the hell knows, but this pissing contest about Marshall being clearly great V Fogarty who's apparently definitely going to be a hack is just a bit naive and biased, and I prefer to live in the real world and not be consumed by that bias.
So the Fog has had to and ultimately will deal with a parent being sick and ultimately passing and then his other parent passing shortly after, all in his first 2 years will he??

Not sure why you are persisting with this, you haven't done your homework and present a flawed argument.

Your the one who has escalated any pissing contest also.

Stats have also been posted for last year, pretty sure they came from the real world.

They didn't play the same amount of games in their first year for different reasons. Did Fog have 2 or more goaless games and 1 or more single goal games last year? AKA 1 goal in 3 games? See what I've done here?

Last edited:
PORT ADELAIDE 5.1 6.2 11.3 15.8 (98)
ADELAIDE 3.2 9.5 12.7 13.9 (87)
Goals
PORT ADELAIDE: Drew, Rozee, Cox 2, Marshall, Howard, Amon, Burton, Butters, Mead, Frampton, S. Gray
ADELAIDE: Stengle 4, McAdam 3, Murphy, McHenry, Hunter, Fogarty, Wright, O’Brien

Best PORT ADELAIDE: Drew, Bonner, Amon, Howard, Duursma, Broadbent, Butters, Burton

Early thoughts. Frampton hasn’t bulked up nearly enough to be a ruckman, but seems to be dominating in the middle. Drew is killing it. Duursma looks quality other than a massive brainfart. Our tackling is hard and excellent. Still vulnerable to sides with good skills and short passing. I already hate our forward set ups and I don’t think much has changed in that regard. Sam Gray is the same as he’s always been and the sooner he’s out of our best 22, the better for us. Patmore can find the footy and used it well. Marshall needs more size. Our passing into the forward 50 is atrocious as always.
If forward structures are 2018esque I'm going to commit myself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back